Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bugs in 0.41

Warlock

Default Re: Bugs in 0.41

The "not scavenging heroes" bug still resides in nightly build 688.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Giggles View Post
    A bug present in 0.41, and remains in r689:

On Eversmile, I've been able to create and reproduce a situation where 4 beetles are engaged in battle with a dwarf. 1 of them is doing nothing. It's not attacking, it's not fleeing, it's not hopping up and down. It is, literally, just standing there. It's not even animating.

Here's a Dropbox link to the save:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oump5r034s...fx1g0000.zip?m

I caught this a few seconds before they murder the crap out of the dwarf and the AI returns to normal. The bugged bug is the one to the lower left. It seems to me it's trying to find a position from which to attack the dwarf. Since it can't due to whatever, it just stands there. Forever.
    It's not easy to locate the problem based on the saved game.
    If it still happens, and you'll have a saved game from just before the creature "stops", that would surely help.

I will try to get back to this problem later.

Mmm, I'll keep that in mind. In fact, the save I overwrote with the one I sent you was just before the issue occurred. Oh well!

Warlock

Save The Heroes is now impossible (boulder traps are no longer stopped by unconscious creatures.) (AFAIK it's nightly build 689)

Save The Heroes is now impossible (boulder traps are no longer stopped by unconscious creatures.) (AFAIK it's nightly build 689)
    boulder traps aren't stopped by unconscious creatures, boulder traps just roll over unconscious creatures. You can defeat all three samurai easily before the boulder reaches any of them.

Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreen View Post
    boulder traps aren't stopped by unconscious creatures, boulder traps just roll over unconscious creatures. You can defeat all three samurai easily before the boulder reaches any of them.
    Er, no. I tried that, twice, and my couldn't knock out the in time, even when possessed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    Er, no. I tried that, twice, and my couldn't knock out the in time, even when possessed.
    Strange, I managed it just fine a few days ago, I think I was using 688 or 696 then.

Worst comes to worst you can just temporarily edit the creature stats file so you can finish the first part of the map. I had to do it for another level later on in the Ancient Keeper campaign because 12 orcs cannot stand against 12 samurai melee.

Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Kyreen View Post
    Strange, I managed it just fine a few days ago, I think I was using 688 or 696 then.

Worst comes to worst you can just temporarily edit the creature stats file so you can finish the first part of the map. I had to do it for another level later on in the Ancient Keeper campaign because 12 orcs cannot stand against 12 samurai melee.
    For Sloth, I just added . And the "orcs shouldn't have any problem" line in the official walkthrough for level 13 is one of the most BS lines I have ever read. I hope in future editions of AK, is part of Sloth.