Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bugs in 0.41

Default Bugs in 0.41

Hi all,
    I have come across some bugs in the new build. I'm going to list the ones i have found, some of these may had been posted already and for that i apologize,

Creatures get angry about lairs very quickly. This happens if when you haven't build a lair yet but also if the creature has a lair and going back to it from another task.
    Creatures at guard posts walk up and down (North\South) at the eastern edge of the post. This happens with all creatures on the post if it is larger then one tiles.
    Some creatures (mainly ghosts) spam the wind spell constantly with no cooldown. The spell behaves normally in possession.
    Ghosts won't attack doors. (Bug or new behavior?)
    Creatures killed by traps (Excluding boulder trap) flash a 9 over their bodies during the death animation. The 9 is the same style as a training cost number.
    Issues with targetting when attacking doors. Sometimes spells with hit the corner of the wall on the right side of the door (creatures right as they face the door). Spells with AOE (lightning and meteor) will damage the creature attacking the door when this happens.
    Slap seems to require research. This may be a map script issue as it will be allowed if the research everything cheat is used.
    Pathfinding on some creatures is a bit off. Imps seem to take strange routes to jobs and will something ignore tasks as a result. This is happening with other creatures too but to a lesser degree.
    Gold doesn't seem to have a max pile limit, imps digging gems will continue to dig even when the treasure room is full. I know the limit for this was 1024, now i have picked up piles that where 7000+. Is this new or a bug, i like it but if the piles get too large the game crashes.

Thats all i've found so far, nothing game breaking just some small annoyances really.
    If you want a log file let me know, i can recreate each of these one by one and send seperate log files for each issue.

Finally, this project is fantastic, having a lot of fun with it. My thanks to everyone involved with this epic rebuild.

Default Re: Bugs in 0.41

We will try to fix the bugs, but one at a time. Also, it would be great if you could create a saved game for every bug which shows the exact problem (or a way to re-create it).
    Bugs are usually submitted to the issue tracker:
    https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/issues/list

Quote Originally Posted by adamski View Post
    Creatures get angry about lairs very quickly. This happens if when you haven't build a lair yet but also if the creature has a lair and going back to it from another task.
    This is not a code issue, so it's most likely related to config files. DragonsLover, could you comment it?

Creatures at guard posts walk up and down (North\South) at the eastern edge of the post. This happens with all creatures on the post if it is larger then one tiles.
    Looks like a code bug. Please put it on issue tracker.

Some creatures (mainly ghosts) spam the wind spell constantly with no cooldown. The spell behaves normally in possession.
    Already fixed.

Ghosts won't attack doors. (Bug or new behavior?)
    They should pass through doors, but it seem harder to achieve than I thought.

Creatures killed by traps (Excluding boulder trap) flash a 9 over their bodies during the death animation. The 9 is the same style as a training cost number.

Issues with targetting when attacking doors. Sometimes spells with hit the corner of the wall on the right side of the door (creatures right as they face the door). Spells with AOE (lightning and meteor) will damage the creature attacking the door when this happens.
    Looks like a code bug. Please put it on issue tracker, and describe in more detail.

Slap seems to require research. This may be a map script issue as it will be allowed if the research everything cheat is used.
    Already fixed.

Pathfinding on some creatures is a bit off. Imps seem to take strange routes to jobs and will something ignore tasks as a result. This is happening with other creatures too but to a lesser degree.
    I made a fix for that, but I'm not sure if it's enough - needs testing on the latest revision.

Gold doesn't seem to have a max pile limit, imps digging gems will continue to dig even when the treasure room is full. I know the limit for this was 1024, now i have picked up piles that where 7000+. Is this new or a bug, i like it but if the piles get too large the game crashes.
    Piles can have lots of gold in KeeperFX, but imps should stop digging gems far before the pile under reaches 7000.

Warlock

What about minions not casting rebound?

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    What about minions not casting rebound?
    I can't see such problem. Please be more specific. Maybe it's already fixed.

I added 4 of the bugs to the tracker, wasn't able to reproduce the gold pile one.

If i come across any more i will add them to the tracker in future.

This bugs will be solved in a nightly build or there will be a new 0.41 stable version? And to upload a savegame I need just the .sav file or I have to upload other files?

Quote Originally Posted by friscmanseby View Post
    This bugs will be solved in a nightly build or there will be a new 0.41 stable version?
    Nightly build is already available in Stanislas's thread.
    Next full version will be 0.42.

Quote Originally Posted by friscmanseby View Post
    And to upload a savegame I need just the .sav file or I have to upload other files?
    Yup, only the .sav.

So, the 0.41 will remain a bugged version? I don't think it's a good idea: think someone that doesn't know this forum and downloads the 0.41 because he wants to try FX, he so maybe will think that KeeperFX is a bugged game, so maybe it's better to release at least a 0.41a when the bugs will be solved, otherwise we will have a stable nightly built and an uninstable full version: this is a paradox, isn't it? (I never used the 0.41 so I don't know HOW is bugged, it's only a general suggestion: if it's higly playable the way it is there's no reason to publish a 0.41a).

Warlock

Scavenging heroes doesn't seem to work either.

A bug present in 0.41, and remains in r689:

On Eversmile, I've been able to create and reproduce a situation where 4 beetles are engaged in battle with a dwarf. 1 of them is doing nothing. It's not attacking, it's not fleeing, it's not hopping up and down. It is, literally, just standing there. It's not even animating.

Here's a Dropbox link to the save:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oump5r034s...fx1g0000.zip?m

I caught this a few seconds before they murder the crap out of the dwarf and the AI returns to normal. The bugged bug is the one to the lower left. It seems to me it's trying to find a position from which to attack the dwarf. Since it can't due to whatever, it just stands there. Forever.

Unrelated, but I thought I'd mention it: There was a pathing issue with enemy dwarves in 0.41, where they would wander around mindlessly after seeing, and spooking, imps. This seems to have been resolved in one of the newer commits.
    Last edited by Mister Giggles; February 4th, 2013 at 07:05.