Thread: How to create athumbnail image

Default How to create a thumbnail image

Iv'e been wondering about this for along time. I was hoping if somebody could tell me how to get your skirmish maps to show up from the skirmish screen in game as a thumbnail image. Any help would be great.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: How to create a thumbnail image

Quote Originally Posted by darkkingkongman View Post
    Iv'e been wondering about this for along time. I was hoping if somebody could tell me how to get your skirmish maps to show up from the skirmish screen in game as a thumbnail image. Any help would be great.
    Every time you save a new map with "Save as", it will create a thumbnail. So just hit "Save as" when you're done with the map and it'll create a thumbnail.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Default Re: How to create athumbnail image

I know that, but when in the thumbnails file, the thumbnails that are created are just blank. I want to know how to get them to show up as a proper picture so you can view the map you've created, even on the skirmish screen they just show up as blank. Please help. I have Version 1.7 of Dungeon Keeper 2.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

I know that, but when in the thumbnails file, the thumbnails that are created are just blank. I want to know how to get them to show up as a proper picture so you can view the map you've created, even on the skirmish screen they just show up as blank. Please help. I have Version 1.7 of Dungeon Keeper 2.
    Not sure what to tell you, being as I have the same problem with 1.7. Earlier versions don't have that problem though.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Thanks to Meincookie, I've found out how to get custom thumbnails to show up in game rather than them just being blank.

1. Start the game and run your map from the skirmish menu. You will need to make sure that the map is completely revealed on the level, so make sure you disable the fog of war option.
    2. Press 'm' to bring up the mini map screen and press 'Prtscn' to do a screenshot of your map.
    3 close the game and go into paint, and select the 'paste' option, the screenshot you just took will now appear.
    4. Choose the 'select' option and highlight the map area of your screenshot, then crop it.
    5. go into the 'resize' option and select pixels and set it to 144 x 144.
    6. Save your map as a 'bmp' image and name it exactly as what your map is called and add the number 144 on the end of the name example 'Honeycomb144'.
    7. Open the 'thumbnails file' in the dungeon keeper 2 directory.
    8. Finally, go into the save menu again, and select save as bmp image, from in here drag your saved thumbnail into the 'Thumbnails folder' and replace it. You're done. You can now see a picture of your map.

Below are the detailed method to create an image in C# with imaging SDK library. Follow the steps and the copy the C# sample codes to your projects to draw black images in bmp, png, jpg and tiff image formats.
    public REImage();
    public REImage(int w, int h);
    public REImage(int w, int h, ImageMode mode);
    public REImage(int w, int h, ImageMode mode, byte[] data);
    public REImage(int w, int h, ImageMode mode, byte[] data, RColor[] colorPalette);

Default Re: How to create a thumbnail image

i suggest photoshop , i did that to my harder multiplayer version of level 8 where the players must protect keeper dante .