Thread: Can you name the Lord of the Land?

Default Can you name the Lord of the Land?

I've just finished creating a singleplayer level with the Lord of the Land as the objective, However, he has the name 'Michael' applied to him. I was wondering if thier was any way to change his name. Is it possible?

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Can you name the Lord of the Land?

Quote Originally Posted by darkkingkongman View Post
    I've just finished creating a singleplayer level with the Lord of the Land as the objective, However, he has the name 'Michael' applied to him. I was wondering if thier was any way to change his name. Is it possible?
    No. You could, I suppose, in theory, give him a set name ID like what King Reginald or the three princes have. But unless you know what all the name IDs are, it'd be kind of pointless. Additionally, it would have to be saved with Global Data, and that might get messy, depending on the kind of level editing you perform.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by darkkingkongman View Post

Don't know if you have, but you can script your map to use a campaigns variable, in doing so, your lord of the lands name will change to that campaigns lord, I use this method to create my own version of a campaign to how I think it should play out.

It is also a very cool way to get your friends or family who may have played it to give it a go, even if said person you're sharing it with doesn't know how to play, you can mess around with the level 1 variables to create your very own tutorial! I did this with my dad, who hadn't played it for quite some time and he very much enjoyed playing my version of the tutorial mission

Quote Originally Posted by George Blue Jones View Post
    Don't know if you have, but you can script your map to use a campaigns variable, in doing so, your lord of the lands name will change to that campaigns lord, I use this method to create my own version of a campaign to how I think it should play out.

It is also a very cool way to get your friends or family who may have played it to give it a go, even if said person you're sharing it with doesn't know how to play, you can mess around with the level 1 variables to create your very own tutorial! I did this with my dad, who hadn't played it for quite some time and he very much enjoyed playing my version of the tutorial mission
    Alternatively, you can use the RC3 version of the DK2 Editor to name the Lord, as it is given as an actual option when you access the level variables.
    Current creatures in the RPG:

Creatures in Northland

Creatures in RCI

Creatures in Faircoast