Thread: Cheats/Game help/Guides

Default Cheats/Game help/Guides

Well, this is a topic I thought we needed here. We can put on what we know about the gameplay (not technical problems) like "I can't finish level 11, help!" or if you made a guide to help newbies (if there are any). Use notepad to make them, please.

Cheat codes
    Press CTRL+ALT+C to activate the cheat mode, then type (including spaces):

Code:
    Cheat codes                   | Effects
    ==============================|======================================================
    do not fear the reaper        | Finishes the current level
    ------------------------------|------------------------------------------------------
    feel the power                | All your creatures become level 10
    ------------------------------|------------------------------------------------------
    i believe its magic           | All spells become available
    fit the best                  | All doors and traps become available
    this is my church             | All rooms become available
    now the rain has gone         | Reveals the entire map
    show me the money             | Fills your Dungeon Heart and Treasure Rooms with gold
    ha ha thisaway ha ha thataway | Gives you 100,000 mana (v1.51 or above)
    ==============================|======================================================
    Skipping a level
    To skip a level, add the command line parameter -level [level] after the shortcut of the game or by using "Run..." application. Levels are stored into the Data\Editor\Maps directory. Campaign levels are named : level1 through level20 (with level 6, 11 and 15 that are in multiple versions), Secret levels are named : secret1 through secret5 and My Pet Dungeon levels are named : mpd1 through mpd7. Example :
    "C:\Program Files\Bullfrog\Dungeon Keeper 2\DKII.exe" -level level3

New moon level
    One of the five secret levels is only accessible when you play the game on a new moon day.

Magic boxes glitch
    When you can get your hand on a Bonus Magic Box, make an imp to bring it to your Library to have access to its icon in the Spell panel. Then, pause the game by pressing ESC and click on the Magic Box icon : the effects are applied but the icon is still there! Repeat as necessary.

Keeping Horny infinitely
    If you want to keep Horny for an unlimited time, drop tons of Skeletons around the Temple so that they generate sufficient mana to sustain Horny for however long you want.

Guides
    I made 4 guides, creature, spell, traps/doors, and rooms. You can download them here: My Guides

Post edited by DragonsLover
    Last edited by DragonsLover; January 13th, 2010 at 09:53.

Default Re: Cheats/Game help/Guides

I recently have/still the dk2 bug to play, but as i was googling i found out it has cheats and its also described here, i have the original version 1.7, but why is the cheats not working, is the cheats only for an specific version.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: NEVEC DARKBLADE Steam ID: blackdragonknight254

Note about "Show me the Money": It will not instantly fill the treasury, depending on size.

Quote Originally Posted by thegreenskull View Post
    I recently have/still the dk2 bug to play, but as i was googling i found out it has cheats and its also described here, i have the original version 1.7, but why is the cheats not working, is the cheats only for an specific version.
    Thank you,

i have now installed the gog version with patch, it stil does not work, you hear the sound i type this "now the rain has gone" i do not see the whole map

The cheats does not work with the games campaign, it only works with the selection of a map

I'm trying to use the line to skip a level and it keeps telling me that it can not find the location. I have the GOG version and replaced the BullFrog with GOG and still does not work. However I used dkII.exe -level secret4 for example and the screen goes black and goes right back to the desk top. Any advise on what I'm doing wrong? I also could not get the Ctrl+Alt+C thing to work. Does not only work on Skirmish maps or the campaign. Am I missing something? I am new to playing with this stuff so....Thanks!

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pelley View Post
    I'm trying to use the line to skip a level and it keeps telling me that it can not find the location. I have the GOG version and replaced the BullFrog with GOG and still does not work. However I used dkII.exe -level secret4 for example and the screen goes black and goes right back to the desk top. Any advise on what I'm doing wrong? I also could not get the Ctrl+Alt+C thing to work. Does not only work on Skirmish maps or the campaign. Am I missing something? I am new to playing with this stuff so....Thanks!
    What is the full command line that you're using?
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    What is the full command line that you're using?
    I just downloaded DK2 (from free source on internet or smthn) i dont know what version is it, how can i know ?
    BTW THANKS FOR THE GUIDES

BY THE WAY!! THANKS FOR THIS SITE! WOW TOO MUCH FANS FOR DK2
    LOVE YOU ALL <3

If you use the version from GOG.com you've got 1.7. Other unpatched sources start in version 1.3. If you have 1.5 or 1.7 the version number is displayed clearly in the menu when you start the game, version 1.3 does not display a version.