Thread: Sacrifice questions

Warlock

Default Sacrifice questions

Ok, I'm at the start of "Sacrifice", and I have 1 ( and :demon), 3 and 12 , and have incarcerated 8 , 2 .

My questions:

What's the purpose of the "make safe" that you get at the start of the level, and what am I supposed to do with inmates?

ETA: How the hell am I supposed to win against the 24 ? I thought that there would be a torture chamber somewhere which would allow me to recruit minions that could stand a chance against them.
    Last edited by Hades; April 6th, 2013 at 19:21.

Default Re: Sacrifice questions

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    Ok, I'm at the start of "Sacrifice", and I have 1 ( and :demon), 3 and 12 , and have incarcerated 8 , 2 .

My questions:

What's the purpose of the "make safe" that you get at the start of the level, and what am I supposed to do with inmates?

ETA: How the hell am I supposed to win against the 24 ? I thought that there would be a torture chamber somewhere which would allow me to recruit minions that could stand a chance against them.
    Hi there, you'll have to forgive me for not giving you very specific and detailed instructions, my memory is simply fuzzy about this map, but I do remember something that might help: you do not have to convert creatures before sacrificing them as a part of a recipe. Just don't drop them into the temple pool too fast, as they may start fighting each other (if they are of a different color that is) instead of getting sacrificed. I'm sorry if this is old news to you. I seem to remember including several white creatures, that are usable in temple recipes to create something else. I haven't played this map for ages, so I cannot tell you the purpose of the "make safe", I simply do not remember it. In the original DK Gold the map was very much playable, I can promise you that. KeeperFX however changes the balance between different types of creatures significantly, so much so in fact, that some maps become unplayable. I NEVER released a map that totally overwhelms the player, there always exists a strategy to make the waves of enemies manageable. Different flavors of divide and conquer: guard posts, blowing through wall corners, temporarily opening up a gap then closing it, creative use of doors etc, etc, there always is something other than the simple brute force approach. These tricks may not all work in the same way under KeeperFX. I've been entertaining a thought of making all my released maps (AK, post-AK, Boruta Nightma) compatible with KeeperFX eventually, but so far I consider KeeperFX a moving target. Once the rules are set in stone, I will reassess the situation. Especially the possibility of having per-campaign settings is of interest here.

Cheers,
    Pawel