0 0%
  • Other (please specify)

3 33.33%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Favourite creature to transfer

Beetle

Default Re: Favourite creature to transfer

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    No, not as fragile as Fairies. Fairies have Rebound, making them immune to most projectiles unlike the DM. They also have other spells that make up for their lack of Speed Monster in addition to a relatively higher luck stat that makes their Lightning and Drain spells more powerful than the DM's with critical hits. (Lightning hits 10 times and Drain hits 2 times so yeah). With Freeze, they have a wider variety of usefulness compared to DMs. The possession of Rebound is especially important to note as it means they cannot be countered or punished easily for their own projectile spells. Same goes for the Wizard.

I do believe in an earlier version of my DK1 patch, I gave the DM the Missile spell at Level 4. This had a mixture of bonuses and penalties, allowing her to be an earlier ranged unit, which was good as she was made to be more fragile. However, it gave her a projectile spell to be punished by Rebound and also slowed her down when fleeing enemies as it forced her to take a moment to cast an additional spell. I believe I removed it because I felt I could balance her without the addition and I wanted her to act as an anti-Rebound unit.
    Idk I just think the low health would suit the DM well, extremely powerful, but also quite fragile if they start taking hits.

What? That's nonsense. Dragons have the insane ability to defy reason and logic. Despite the fact that they lack arms of any sort and have a foggy as hell vision, they're as good as Warlocks with researching.

But I suppose you do have a point. People tend to overlook the awesomeness that is the Beetle simply because Dragons look cooler. Level 7 Freeze is pretty damn OP, especially for a Creature that can be attracted with the basic room set.
    I LOVE and Beetles make lovely sacrifices and Spiders I just downright love. Slow, Freeze, and Hailstorm . Get me a couple level10 Spiders and I will cause quite some chaos.

I think there was some funny detail where, for the longest time, most people thought Flame Breath did 3 damage at base level, because that's how much damage the DK1 files say it does. Though it turns out that it actually deals 30 damage. The 3 damage is damage per frame, and it has a health of 10 so it lasts 10 frames.

I don't remember what I did with them in my patch regarding damage output though. I do recall a lot of thinking about how to handle the three Creature tanks (Beetle, Bile Demon, and Dragon) in various situations to give them each an easily recognized identity as a unit and also keeping them balanced.
    Still hate Dragons :L If they were to ever have Flame Breath replaced with a Bite attack as their default attack then I would enjoy them. Hellhounds aren't a problem since that is what they do.

I think Bile Demons were also a bit OP, but not very noticeably. I think it mainly came down to the fact that you could spam them easily with little to no consequence, as the Gas Damage stacked so well that it made up for anything lacking that would be gained from a well balanced army.

Dragons got a mixed package with FX. Word of Power made them pretty damn OP when spammed, like Dragons, but because FX removed all damage caps, the Dragon was at a heavy loss in average use. It meant their Heal couldn't keep up with the damage they were taking, so they felt pretty squishy for a tank.
    True but their downside was they were fat f**ks. If you wanted a large amount of them, you needed the mother of all Hatcheries. But I agree their Gas Damage was nuts, a couple lvl10 Bile Demons and anything with lower than decent health or didn't have a heal was just dead.

I didn't think a lot of those units were necessarily better than Orcs, merely that they're more interesting as units. There's some level of higher depth. Also, Barbarians have identical stats to the Orc, it's just that the lack of Speed kills them.
    Ahh I see.

Then I will fire you from my patch.

i'd say it's a mood thing for me. i'd take a horned reaper for his raw power if i want to finish a boring stage early, if i'm in the mood for a longer battle, i'd take the knight since you he's a really good sparring partner for most creatures, especially dragons - just be a little cautious and you can easily train every dragon to 6+ in no time.
    the dark mistress is a good overall option, since she can research, manufacture and fight and she's really awesome with the last one. a dragon might be another good option, but i like the mistress better for her speed, although he is the cool "come at me bros" guy who just tanks and kills them with flame breath if you possess him. that's what i liked about them and that's why i always have two or three dragons in my army
    Last edited by Lotex; January 21st, 2014 at 09:12.

Hm I tend to transfer Priestess (I actually have changed some of the creatures and the way they acted, so she's kinda OP in my game.. Which is bad when I don't have her, good news is I made her scavenge haha, only bad side is the wind spell >.>, have too many of them and the battle takes too long).
    Mistress- Second choice if I can't choose a Priestess, she's pretty Op.
    Vampire- I tend to like it when they are OP, teach the tunneling heroes a lesson haha
    Dragon- Do like them, especially since when possessed, you can pretty much kill anything in seconds (Not modified, it's that Flame breath).

I do happen to like transferring Warlocks and fairies as well (Except high level Warlocks and Wizards are a pain when starting a dungeon, build the library and they will come, the problem is if the Imps are still trying to fortify the walls)

After playing some campaigns I have to say I still stick with the knight. I also transfered Horny sometimes but the knight is better because he can heal himself.
    Horny has no doubt more power but for overrunning an enemy dungeon at the beginning the reaper is not the best choice. He surely will take a lot of damage but healing is a problem. And when there are also heroes to defeat his health is sometimes not enough. As sleeping is not the best way to heal him...