Thread: Quest for the Hero campaign (last level Stronghold) trouble

Question Quest for the Hero campaign (last level Stronghold) trouble

Greetings, Keepers.

Usually I have no troubles with a tactical side of Dungeon Keeper maps and campaigns and not accustoming to complain or look for walkthroughs, but the Stronghold is last level of Quest for the Hero campaign made ​​me reconsider my opinion about the challenges.

If in short, the essence is this:
    1. The campaign uses creatures.txt (Imho, one of the best on the base of modified creatures.txt)
    2. to win must be killed all the heroes, including the Avatar, whose 27k hp/1-2k dmg./80% dmg. red. and next spells set: Hand to Hand, Hand to Hand2(!!!), Speed(!), Rebound(!!), Freeze, Heal, Armor, Drain.
    3. His retinue consists of Monks and Knights, estimated similar by his stats and spells.
    4. Gold is limited and there are no magic doors.

Actually, it is a reminder for those who have once passed, but maybe forgotten now.

Since I many times cleaned out the entire map, the main question - how to kill the Avatar? In fact, he alone (!) kills all of my army. I try to timing Freeze during his Rebound falls and castling wounded creatures, but all in vain. I am in despair ...

EDIT: minimap added

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	00008.png 
Views:	80 
Size:	13.0 KB 
ID:	1150
    Last edited by VoidWeaver; June 13th, 2013 at 04:57.

Default Re: Quest for the Hero campaign (last level Stronghold) trouble

Wow, I'm surprised to see someone managing to play my campaigns with proper data intact: Most threads I see about my campaigns come from people who use KeeperFX which bugs my campaigns that use a custom creature.txt file, rendering them unplayable.

Quote Originally Posted by VoidWeaver View Post
    1. The campaign uses creatures.txt (Imho, one of the best on the base of modified creatures.txt)
    Merci!

2. to win must be killed all the heroes, including the Avatar, whose 27k hp/1-2k dmg./80% dmg. red. and next spells set: Hand to Hand, Hand to Hand2(!!!), Speed(!), Rebound(!!), Freeze, Heal, Armor, Drain.
    It's been ages ago but I THINK I went for the most OP combination of spells I could think of.

Since I many times cleaned out the entire map, the main question - how to kill the Avatar? In fact, he alone (!) kills all of my army. I try to timing Freeze during his Rebound falls and castling wounded creatures, but all in vain. I am in despair ...
    Unfortunately it was long ago that I made this campaign and frankly? I forgot what strategy I had in mind for this guy to be beaten :P Chances are, it is the perma-freezing trick you need to utilize inbetween his rebounds to get him down. Use 4 or more spiders with proper timing to keep him permanently frozen and have your other units blast him into oblivion. There should be a gap inbetween his rebounds that allows for this.

Alternatively (and I am not even sure if this would work, I certainly don't think I thought of this when designing this map) you could consider trying to blast him into a field of lava with your units' word of power, sealing it off with a temple, and hoping he will burn to death on his own. But I still think the perma-freeze trick is the way you are supposed to beat him.

Good luck!

Default Re: Quest for the Hero campaign (last level Stronghold) trouble

Greetings, Great Keeper!

First of all i want say many thanks to you for the interesting and such challenging campaign! I have get "Ocean of Adrenaline" during walking through this adventure, honestly! Actually i have manage to beat the Damned Avatar are few days ago, but i to decide postpone my victory report with purpose to get some possible advice or opinions from other players.

Well, it has been the most difficult combat in my Dungeon Keeper game practice ever! The key to the victory is a Spider's Freeze spell timing with combine timing own Avatar's spells; at least in my case. But that takes some time to practice it. Sometimes even may needs to restart whole level for prepare the correct minions set.

Hats off to you, sir! Good luck to you in all areas!
    Last edited by VoidWeaver; June 28th, 2013 at 16:45.