Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kasabian Campaign - Episode 1

Default Re: The Kasabian Campaign - Episode 1

hey, when i played it blue did not move to me, so i had pretty easy way doing yellow, then green and purp and last blue. right now i experienced 2 ways to stop a enemy keeper from doing a specific turn every time, but you should safe before trying. i did dig to the direction he were coming from and mined gold there, he probably wanted to mine. i did train my creatures pretty fast to scare him off( thats what atleast i think it do, worked for me some times already)

Yeah I noticed last night, if I dug out a specific gold block he would come kill me, so I didn't dig it out and he didn't attack me til late game. Then I killed him, then purple was invading his remains, and then yellow invaded at the same time lol. So I let purple and yellow engage and then attacked purple from behind. it was a glorious onslaught!! Thanks for the tips.

yeah no problem its close to what happend to me, yellow was kinda the hardest, cause i had not many creatures and so the fight was pretty even, but after him i got green who was fighting purp and i think even close to winning, cause he threw not one creature at me, while i had his dungen-heart down. purp had like no creatures anymore against my actually full untouched army and with all the portals and strong creatures, which are sometimes unlocked by killing specific enemys, for me i could sometimes only attract reapers, dark angels, dark knights or even dark mistresses after i had had killed the first, second or third keeper(important for later levels), blue was no match anymore.

Greetings, Deadworker.
    Last edited by Deadworker; March 12th, 2015 at 18:30.

on level 7 "follow me" how do you get reapers? as seen in the picture. I just beat the level, but it was very hard with only 8 skeletons and 5 vamps lol

hey, as far as i remeber you have no portal in that realm right, well spoiler alert, but i think there was an imprisoned reaper somewhere on the north-east right next to the map-end. i found him short before attacking nexus as i remember.

Hey there,
    I'm new to the forum

Got a question:
    I could not get the Kasabian Campaign running, I have got the German 1.0 release Version of D2.
    I only found patches to 1.7 and to 1.8 what is not supported.
    Now I bought the english version von GoG and installed the inofficial patch. The game now says it is 1.5 and the first map of the campaing is running smoothly.

Question:
    When I attack the keeper on the first map, he heals his troops that fast that I cant kill them.
    Even if i place 15 cannon traps that fire all the same time on one taget - its healed up all the time and cant be killed.
    The same happens when I lure one of his creatures out - I attack it with all my 20 level 5 troops, but his creature is healed up before I can kill it, or he pulls it back.
    Any advice?
    Last edited by SonOfOdin; March 14th, 2015 at 18:05.

Hey,
    well im not fully sure about your problem, but there are some tasks, which have to be done to play kasabian campaign proberbly. first the campaign needs version 1.3 or 1.51 to work right in the balance of spells and creatures. next is that this campaign needs to be started with a shortcut, so if you dont know, you need to create one of dkII.exe and put the command line -q -level "LevelName" to the target-line. so for example (Target: "...\Dungeon Keeper 2\DKII.exe" -q -level "Supremacy") to play the first level. somewhere in this thread is also the best gamespeed for playing listed, i think it was 150% but i'm not fully sure about that. for the heal i don't know about this, but if it still occurs even though you have done all correctly, for information it does have a cooldown of 3-4 seconds if its upgraded and does heal lower creatures quit full but it should not keep them from dying. on the other hand this campaign does have its difficulty and you need some creatures to be able to beat even the first enemy in the first map off. that this campaign does have a very different balance to the original dungeon keeper 2. so there are some pretty tanky creatures now like the bile-deamon or blacknight, but also different spells of which one does make a creature invincible, im not fully sure if the enemy got that one too, but i think so and with heal and invincible a unit such as a higher level bile-deamon or blackknight can pretty much tank a lot of damage.

well so you could look for those points and check if you whether believe it to be a bug or maybe the balancing.

Greetings, Deadworker.

Animals hardest level yet, had an on going fight with hades/pink back and fourth for several hours. it didn't help he conquered green - so I only had yellows portal to help beat him. couldn't have done it if I didn't get 2 reapers from the portal. although one of them always died and was replaced. but I managed to get one to a lvl 10 and helped me defeat purple. and after that blue was a breeze. best series of maps ever played. very challenging and fun! hope he releases the rest of the kasabian chapters!

hey,
    on animals i did crush yellow first and when purp was invading green, i did dig into greens dungeon at that long hallway and built 2 hidden doors there which purp didnt notice. that gave me green for free, so he had lost all his creatures to purp and purp had lost some of his stronger creatures. took me some trys to beat hades in the end, but i was succesfull with a trap-room, a reaper level 7 or 8, like 6 level 7-9 biledeamons, and besides some blackknights and dark angels a hell lot of dark elves and warlocks. he was for real very hard, cause he did always keept 2 high-level reapers back which could easily burn my army if i wasn't careful, but you have access to 2 "creature-kill-magic-objects" which i needed to have those reapers down.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Skarok

Quote Originally Posted by Deadworker View Post
    hey,
    but on prelude i have no idea of how to beat it. i have way to less gold to build a proper dungeon with prison and graveyard, i can train my creatures up to 5 but have no biledeamons, which i always need for tanking, i could build some traps for green, but it was never enough, he always won after like 10 mins of fighting and rushed to my dungeon heart. also some heroes came from the back and finished my last creatures. the adwise is to fight green first to get a protal, but he has way to many creatures with lots of biledeamons and dark elfs. should i ignore green first and try to only attack the castle? i tried it but my gold is out after some time.
    The trick in defeating him is to either hold off his creatures with some traps and doors and slowly convert the attacking Heroes until you are stronger than him; Saving up for a single Boulder trap to weaken his army enough once they attack or build an effective trap room and fight his army in there. Alternatively you can also try to ignore him and attack the Heroes first to gain experience, capture their gold and maybe even make some converts in the meantime. Plus you could take out their Hero Gates to stop their attacks on you.

could someone do one or more videos playing one of the later levels? maybe prelude, hysteria or one of the citizen erased or even one of the last missions. i'd really like to see some tactics and micro-managment for those levels. for now i only found the one of supremacy.

Greetings, Deadworker.
    I have been planing on making a video walkthrough of the entire campaign for a while now, but don't have that much time for it unfortunately. However, I did just record Citizen Erased A yesterday. However, one of my DKII versions seem to be broken and the audio always starts to glitch out at some point, so I had to copy the files over into the Expansion Pack folder, which is why you'll see my dungeon being purple in the video. Ideally you want to get your first portal within the first 20 minutes, or alternatively a big number of converts or vampires depending on which map version you choose.

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOdin View Post
    Hey there,
    When I attack the keeper on the first map, he heals his troops that fast that I cant kill them.
    Even if i place 15 cannon traps that fire all the same time on one taget - its healed up all the time and cant be killed.
    The same happens when I lure one of his creatures out - I attack it with all my 20 level 5 troops, but his creature is healed up before I can kill it, or he pulls it back.
    Any advice?
    Well, the Keepers do heal their creatures quite consciously and often have warlocks to help the process, plus the invulnerable spell. You should still be able to down them, especially if you use lightning to stun them, as the enemy AI won't heal them then. This should only be tricky in fights with one or very few creatures though, as the AI can't care for all its creatures in larger battles.

hey,
    on animals i did crush yellow first and when purp was invading green, i did dig into greens dungeon at that long hallway and built 2 hidden doors there which purp didnt notice. that gave me green for free, so he had lost all his creatures to purp and purp had lost some of his stronger creatures. took me some trys to beat hades in the end, but i was succesfull with a trap-room, a reaper level 7 or 8, like 6 level 7-9 biledeamons, and besides some blackknights and dark angels a hell lot of dark elves and warlocks. he was for real very hard, cause he did always keept 2 high-level reapers back which could easily burn my army if i wasn't careful, but you have access to 2 "creature-kill-magic-objects" which i needed to have those reapers down.
    That's actually the standard tactic for defeating him. Cutting off his way to the western half of Green's dungeon shortly after he attacks to gain access to her portal and Blue's dungeon.
    Last edited by Skarok; April 9th, 2015 at 15:42.
    There is absoluetly nothing wrong with DK Mobile, whatsoever.