Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kasabian Campaign - Episode 1

Default Re: The Kasabian Campaign - Episode 1

So um, im stuck on level 9, (explorers) ive claimed the temple/graveyard/prison but when I sacrifice vampires I get bile demons, OR IS THAT HOW YOU NOT GET REAPERS? cuz I have no clue how I get reapers.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

You can't get Reapers from the Temple. Temple sacrifices cannot be saved in the editor. They can be changed, but for some reason the data isn't savable, thus they are the same as in vanilla 1.3, because that's the version that Skarok and I use. Ergo, no Horned Reapers.

You obtain Horned Reapers from the Portal by building a Graveyard. In the current patch, you need only 1 tile as the Graveyard is expensive. But in the original patch that the Kasabian Campaign uses, you need I believe 25 tiles. I do recall the Graveyard was also more expensive in that version as well.

In other words, tough shit.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

then I have no idea what his riddle represents:

Riddle:

- It seems someone is short of Vampires and they are willing to trade some in for a fresh pair of Reapers!

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty View Post

Riddle:

- It seems someone is short of Vampires and they are willing to trade some in for a fresh pair of Reapers!
    I do remember that it's possible to make a custom Temple sacrifice via script. Level 20 in the original campaign did that for the 'elite' Dark Angel. Basically it requires a Temple being built in a specific location and dropping all the necessary creatures simultaneously (as they all have to be in the Temple sacrifice area at the same time to trigger the script)

Of course, both Vampires and Reapers also come in from the Graveyard so it could be something with that too.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Skarok

Quote Originally Posted by Crafty View Post

Riddle:

Spoiler

There is absoluetly nothing wrong with DK Mobile, whatsoever.

Ah yes that worked, I tried 2 at a time and then 4 but didn't work. Only if I knew I was 1 short for my goodie reapers.

Just found this cool Campaign.
    Will leave comments/strategy on the missions below as i progress.
    Pretty standard, u get to see the new ai act tho, with great reflex on heals and pickups. You also encounter the super buffed ranged minions and learn to time lightning with their projectiles. Great start to the adventure.

Firsttime u encounter the heroes, and high leveld one aswell. This mission is tough, make no mistake about that. Learn to micro your creatures and save/load alot to ensure none of your minions die. I like to throw away goblins here to ensure i get more biledemons, archers and mages. Later i like to booby-trap the room before the neutral traproom with a trap room for myself. 6 lightning traps will do. Next let the enemy keeper attack u in this room. Rinse and repat a couple of times to weaken him enough. This alone is then enough to push on towards victory.

The new reapers, here u learn, if u didn't know already that call to arms removes all the needs for your creatures, this means the reapers won't ask for any gold. Clean up one then the other of your enemys, watch for lightning and dark mistress as they are strong vs the reapers. Quite boring mission, as it's a long grind with nothing to do.

The dreaded mission that alot of people here complain over. You start without a portal and the intro-video tells u to attack the green and take his. He is supposed to be "weak". Well tough luck when it turns out u are gold starved, got no call to arms, are pinned in a tight spot with blue and white hitting u. What i like to do is to build a 3 by 3 combat pit and quickly drop my 2 elfs into it. Get them to 6 and repat with the mages. Meanwhile get a 3 by 3 prison and torture chamber. Next build 4-5 doors in the hallway out to green and get close to his portal, not to close tho, leave some water inbetween so he can't cap. Next wait for the white player to hit u. This should be won easily and u get intorduced to the convert phase of this campaign, which is alot harder then the usual. First of all all good heroes will instantdie and can't be converted, second of all the dmaage in torture chamber is alot higher. Convert what u can and hold off green and the new threat from blue. Multitask your forces to fight green and defend from blue, luckily blue is very weak and won't pose any threat. Keep your creatures alive and watch them reach level 8-10. Now get the portal, the bridge and the library and u finally get call to arms. Finish of green when u have a break from the attacks. After this the mission is more or less won, instantly attack blue who have a few lvl 4 creatures. Next it's time for purple who have better forces but still nothing to worry about.

The easiest mission so far, i like to get some bile demons/warlocks/elfs rdy and then trap green and yellow with a few lightning traps. Blue have some reapers but nothing to worry about.

Focus on getting some bile demons with your limited space. Prepare a traproom towards yellow. After he is gone the mission becomes very easy.

Skipping this mission, after claiming everything white had and digging down the last rock two things happens. Either i die from the massive army. Or i die from the super buffed yellow that without any problem kill all the heroes and gain 2-3 lvls while doing so. How this mission is winable with 1 reaper and 1-2 vampires and a lvl 10 dwarf is above me. Moving on.

Expected a real fight here, but the grandkeeper seems no difference from the rest. I took out green and yellow first claiming their stuff. Then blue. Then i built a traproom next to purple. Battle didn't even take 1 min for all his creatures to be dead, i was like wtf? Anyway what did take time on this mission was the magic doors. My creatures even if i got 30+ simply cannot kill a magic door. This seems like a design flaw and the reg, the lightning or the hp on the door should be nerfed. Had to posses a imp and make it dig out the wall on all those doors to get through. So ye hardest part of this map? Destroying a single magic door.

Another sneak mission without a portal and 100 save reloads. Will be skipping this and every similair mission like it from now on. Also.. I hate skeletons.

Very stanard build with little restrictions, with a portal. You face a horribly weak blue player that doesn't expand or attack you. Also hero forces that doesn't expand or attack you. Building on this map was fun, but the difficulty? Possibly easiest map yet. The description states "Beware; I won't throw a single Keeper at you this late into the campaign for no reason! He is way stronger than Dagon and you have to be very fast at building your dungeon and creating your army to even stand a chance against his takeover attempts! So be swift and expect a hard fight with Raum." I took around 40 min while eating lunch to get close to his prison meanwhile he was idle without doing much. Not sure what the "be swift" part is about, mby map is bugged.

The nemesis enemy here actually is pretty strong, however if u take out the 2 others first and then trap him with the standard lightning trap it's no worries.

I expected a challenge here judging from the description. What a letdown. The enemies have so many traps that they are stuck on negative mana regen, which means 0 mana the entire time. This happens to blue and in some sort purple. Start by taking out the enemy to the east and progress upwards to deal with purple. Finally shift your focus towards blue who will be stuck on 0 mana, no heals and no lightnings, ever. Not much of a battle. Took me till now to realize u can use ctrl + s to quicksave, this seems to make the game crash ALOT less then the standard esc - save game. Moving on.

Fun mission that sends u out against pretty strong heroes. Train up your mages/bile demons and get some lightning traps, then dig south and proceed even more south. Eventually u encounter two locked doors, behind those are your real rivals, green and blue. In my game green was the strongest of the two, with posses and inferno spell he is tricky to get to as imps are so slow to convert land.

Last edited by Haha Z; February 6th, 2016 at 12:34.

Hi there,

I realise this campaign is over 3 years old now and I'm not sure if you're still monitoring this thread, but just in case I wanted to say thanks for all your hard work!

I'm playing this with the GOG version of the game, and I've had doubts over whether the AI is working as intended. It is INSANELY difficult. Is it meant to be? I've fought my way through the first 9 levels, but I'm currently on Darkshines and I honestly dispute that it's possible. Within 10 minutes of starting the level the blue keeper is sending a large army of level 4-6 creatures right to my dungeon heart and there's nothing I can do to prevent it. I've seen other people commenting that it's easy!

I see in the original post that it wasn't intended to work with version 1.7 but later posts suggested it might, maybe that's it.

Hi there,

I am a girl from Germany and sorry for my bad english:
    Thank you for this awesome campaign!!! I am now on level 7 (follow me) and I dont know how to make it!!!!!!!! No portal and many heroes, they are attacking me and I can not fight them.
    Can someone help me??

And some notes: I noticed, that in some levels sometimes the rival comes very early!! I dont know why, maybe it is kind of a bug - just restart or reload, and often the problem is solved.

But omg this campaign is SO HARD LOL but it makes so much fun!!!!!!! Have to load very often - otherwise I would have been beaten 1000 times hahaha

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: impboy44 Steam ID: impboy44

Quote Originally Posted by niva View Post
    Hi there,

I am a girl from Germany and sorry for my bad english:
    Thank you for this awesome campaign!!! I am now on level 7 (follow me) and I dont know how to make it!!!!!!!! No portal and many heroes, they are attacking me and I can not fight them.
    Can someone help me??

And some notes: I noticed, that in some levels sometimes the rival comes very early!! I dont know why, maybe it is kind of a bug - just restart or reload, and often the problem is solved.

But omg this campaign is SO HARD LOL but it makes so much fun!!!!!!! Have to load very often - otherwise I would have been beaten 1000 times hahaha
    It's because the campaign was designed for version 1.3-1.51 of the game and not 1.7. If you want the levels to be easier; you can get the General Improvement Mod which applies 1.51 mechanics to your game.