Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kasabian Campaign - Episode 1

Beetle

Default Re: The Kasabian Campaign - Episode 1

Have to say, so far I am loving this campaign. I am on Follow me right now and I got to say, this is nuts. Each of these levels you need to do the right thing to win or else it is very difficult if not impossible to win, and I love it.

I will say though that Prelude is the most unfair level I have seen so far. I had to skip this level since I just can't downright win it, the northern keeper is tougher than you in all aspects, and you have heroes kicking you in from behind as well. I am not even kidding when I say I lost that level a good 20 times already, all within roughly 10-20 minutes into the map. Even when I do loads of traps, the northern keeper always is able to overrun me. You can't rush them, you can't turtle and pray you knock out a lot of his creatures. I just have no idea how to beat him, I can see the rest of the level being vastly more doable once he is dead. My guess is you need to use boulders against them, but with little gold available, you can barely make a few without having 0 gold leftover. Not even Survival was as nuts even though its 3 on 1, since you could knock out one of the keepers pretty much almost instantly and the 2nd one can be killed not too much later.

Any tips for Prelude? I hate skipping over levels, moreso when this is meant to be played like a campaign, but I would have been stuck on it for days now otherwise.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Skarok

Well, I wouldn't say there is just one way to win these levels. Especially on Supremacy, Madness, B&H and Survival you can win by lots of different approaches, I remember Rex, Decagon and me doing lots of different stuff to win each level. Panic Station also gives you numerous ways on how to play the level, though the most obvious and easiest one would probably be to stick with your Reapers. But even with that, I think I made this campaign pretty difficult, as I also intended to give myself a challenge with some of the maps. This is mostly reflected by the extremely aggressive and dangerous Keeper AI.

How did the other levels play out for you? I remember Butterflies and Hurricanes can become pretty difficult if you fall for certain feints of your rivals.

For Prelude, I remember Rex having some problems with the green Keeper while Decagon and I had a pretty easy time defeating him. I think it mostly depends on what tactics you use. Actually attacking him yourself is pretty difficult, the most important thing is that you have to actually wear him out before you go after him. Decagon managed to do that by building trap rooms to gradually weaken his army. I prefer the approach by opening up to his little lake. Then I build numerous doors, so he needs multiple attacks to actually reach my dungeon. Since his army will never arrive with full capacity at the same time i's pretty easy to take out a few creatures at the time. If you manage to capture some high level units, try to convert him. You should do the same with the Heroes, or if there's really no time to convert them, heal them, up and drop them to slow down Green's attacks.

After some time he shouldn't have much left do defend himself with, that's the point when you strike. First try to take his Portal, then the library for the CTA spell. After that he shouldn't last for too long and you'll be able to deal with the Heroes and the remaining Keepers. Good luck!
    There is absoluetly nothing wrong with DK Mobile, whatsoever.

Beetle

Quote Originally Posted by Skarok View Post
    Well, I wouldn't say there is just one way to win these levels. Especially on Supremacy, Madness, B&H and Survival you can win by lots of different approaches, I remember Rex, Decagon and me doing lots of different stuff to win each level. Panic Station also gives you numerous ways on how to play the level, though the most obvious and easiest one would probably be to stick with your Reapers. But even with that, I think I made this campaign pretty difficult, as I also intended to give myself a challenge with some of the maps. This is mostly reflected by the extremely aggressive and dangerous Keeper AI.

How did the other levels play out for you? I remember Butterflies and Hurricanes can become pretty difficult if you fall for certain feints of your rivals.

For Prelude, I remember Rex having some problems with the green Keeper while Decagon and I had a pretty easy time defeating him. I think it mostly depends on what tactics you use. Actually attacking him yourself is pretty difficult, the most important thing is that you have to actually wear him out before you go after him. Decagon managed to do that by building trap rooms to gradually weaken his army. I prefer the approach by opening up to his little lake. Then I build numerous doors, so he needs multiple attacks to actually reach my dungeon. Since his army will never arrive with full capacity at the same time i's pretty easy to take out a few creatures at the time. If you manage to capture some high level units, try to convert him. You should do the same with the Heroes, or if there's really no time to convert them, heal them, up and drop them to slow down Green's attacks.

After some time he shouldn't have much left do defend himself with, that's the point when you strike. First try to take his Portal, then the library for the CTA spell. After that he shouldn't last for too long and you'll be able to deal with the Heroes and the remaining Keepers. Good luck!
    Let's see....

In Supremacy, I took out the Blues one lair that was out in the open, and both his training rooms, then attacked from both sides that are a straightaway to his dungeon heart, I had I believe 9 or 10 biles demons as well as a good amount of freeze traps on the one side with his entire army which held them off for a while, the other side was salamanders and goblins that went for his heart.

Madness I was able to build a mini base right next to his, moved all my creatures there, built about 10 sentry traps, and had one massive battle, the sentry put in work now which I like, before they were junk. After the massive battle I pulled back, only lost like 4 or creatures while he lost about 20 heroes, then once I was fully healed I attacked again, this time I overrun him and killed him.

Panic Station I had 4 lvl10 Reapers from constant fights with the Blue Keeper, I had about 15 skeletons, 2 mistresses and about 10 knights and guards, which were all 6-9s. Blue was the weaker one due to our fights, sent my 4 Reapers in and killed his army since they were mostly all just lvl 1-3s. Killed him, Green was the tough one, used my entire army on him, Only my 4 Guards survived the fight and killed him.

Prelude as you know I have yet to win.

Survival the first time I did it I didn't kill either of the weaker keepers fast enough and all 3 attacked me and easily overran me. The 2nd try I practically rushed the weakest which I believe was Green, he won the first battle we had since I only had a few creatures, but I went at him again almost instantly and beat him, I built a lot of traps in the southern area of my dungeon, expecting Blue to come, and he did, right into them, My traps held off his first attack, and that was all the time I needed to go 100% all out on Yellow and while I took a lot of damage, losing half my army, I dropped Yellow, at that point it was won already.

B@H I didn't find difficult at all, in fact, this is my favorite map of all. knew the general areas of all the keepers and just linked them both together with each other pretty much. I linked Blue and Yellow together, with Blue narrowly beating Yellow, then dropped a bunch of bile demons and imps to reclaim the bridge and sell it to prevent blue from taking yellow's dungeon. Blue shortly after killed Yellow and I linked myself to Yellow's dungeon and found that Blue already pulled all his troops out by hand, so I took Yellow's base. Blue kept his Cta at the other side of the lava river from the bridge scuffle and never moved it. I figured I could either brute force it, which I believe I could have won, or went sneaky. I found where Purple and Green's bases were, and ended up linking Blue and Green to Purple's base. The combined forces of those two killed Purple, but I had 5 of my salamanders attack Blue's heart while he was away, he never attempted to stop me, so I killed Blue, and Green finished Purple at the same time. I then just had one massive battle at Green's heart room. The battle lasted a good 10 minutes but I ended up having a few warlocks and bile demons survive and killed Green. By far my favorite level.

Yeah seems like boulder/door was what was needed for me, 4 braced doors+boulders were more than enough to drop all but a few elves and bile demons of his army, at that point I converted most of his troops, and turned the weak ones into skeletons and threw them back at him. I took his portal afterwards but I have to say, he lasted a very long time under the assault. My entire army of like 20 at that point was in his dungeon and his few bile demons and elves took 10 minutes before finally going down and I could finally kill him.

I haven't beat the level yet but restarted a few times to see something. Blue Keeper doesn't mind gold at all. In my current save and all other retries they just take out the southern part of the hero fort and stop doing anything. They have a good amount of gold near there base, some in plain sight IN their base. But their imps won't dig it. I am wondering if he is meant to do this or not. I was planning on linking him to Purple but seeing how weak he is, it may as well be better to brute force him and claim his 2 portals, and finally take Purple out. It just surprises me since he was very offensive in the beginning, then just stops doing everything.
    Last edited by Shonji; November 20th, 2013 at 13:53.

Gamer IDs

Sorry for the late reply, I've been really busy the past few days. Anyways, here we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Shonji View Post

In Supremacy, I took out the Blues one lair that was out in the open, and both his training rooms, then attacked from both sides that are a straightaway to his dungeon heart, I had I believe 9 or 10 biles demons as well as a good amount of freeze traps on the one side with his entire army which held them off for a while, the other side was salamanders and goblins that went for his heart.
    Weird, something must have gone wrong with the latest update. Normally you can only get 3 or 4 Bile Demons and Salamanders aren't even supposed to be available before Madness.

Madness I was able to build a mini base right next to his, moved all my creatures there, built about 10 sentry traps, and had one massive battle, the sentry put in work now which I like, before they were junk. After the massive battle I pulled back, only lost like 4 or creatures while he lost about 20 heroes, then once I was fully healed I attacked again, this time I overrun him and killed him.
    I'm surprised you had the time to do this, to my experience Green always progressed to far for me to have time to start a flank attack once I've dealt with the Heroes. I'm sure that this one of the rather quick strategies, as you don't have to withstand her constant attacks and have to deal with the reonforcments she gets.
    Panic Station I had 4 lvl10 Reapers from constant fights with the Blue Keeper, I had about 15 skeletons, 2 mistresses and about 10 knights and guards, which were all 6-9s. Blue was the weaker one due to our fights, sent my 4 Reapers in and killed his army since they were mostly all just lvl 1-3s. Killed him, Green was the tough one, used my entire army on him, Only my 4 Guards survived the fight and killed him.
    If you only had 4 Guards left after Green died, how did you survive the Hero Invasion after that?

Survival the first time I did it I didn't kill either of the weaker keepers fast enough and all 3 attacked me and easily overran me. The 2nd try I practically rushed the weakest which I believe was Green, he won the first battle we had since I only had a few creatures, but I went at him again almost instantly and beat him, I built a lot of traps in the southern area of my dungeon, expecting Blue to come, and he did, right into them, My traps held off his first attack, and that was all the time I needed to go 100% all out on Yellow and while I took a lot of damage, losing half my army, I dropped Yellow, at that point it was won already.
    Rushing Green is a tactic I like to use as well. He might be tough if you attack right away, but he surely can be beaten. I'm surprised you attacked Blue after that though. Yellow usually starts with her Invasion soon after Green, while Blue gets really powerful and becomes more of a late game enemy due to his powerful forces. I guess dealing with him first can make things somewhat easier in that regard though, if you don't happen to get invaded by Yellow while you clear out his dungeon.
    B@H I didn't find difficult at all, in fact, this is my favorite map of all. knew the general areas of all the keepers and just linked them both together with each other pretty much. I linked Blue and Yellow together, with Blue narrowly beating Yellow, then dropped a bunch of bile demons and imps to reclaim the bridge and sell it to prevent blue from taking yellow's dungeon. Blue shortly after killed Yellow and I linked myself to Yellow's dungeon and found that Blue already pulled all his troops out by hand, so I took Yellow's base. Blue kept his Cta at the other side of the lava river from the bridge scuffle and never moved it. I figured I could either brute force it, which I believe I could have won, or went sneaky. I found where Purple and Green's bases were, and ended up linking Blue and Green to Purple's base. The combined forces of those two killed Purple, but I had 5 of my salamanders attack Blue's heart while he was away, he never attempted to stop me, so I killed Blue, and Green finished Purple at the same time. I then just had one massive battle at Green's heart room. The battle lasted a good 10 minutes but I ended up having a few warlocks and bile demons survive and killed Green. By far my favorite level.
    Ah yeah, I like to use that tactic as well. I love putting enemies against each other in general, that's why I designed this level to give you plenty of opportunities to do so. As I can see you had quite an interesting outcome due to that in the end.

I haven't beat the level yet but restarted a few times to see something. Blue Keeper doesn't mind gold at all. In my current save and all other retries they just take out the southern part of the hero fort and stop doing anything. They have a good amount of gold near there base, some in plain sight IN their base. But their imps won't dig it. I am wondering if he is meant to do this or not. I was planning on linking him to Purple but seeing how weak he is, it may as well be better to brute force him and claim his 2 portals, and finally take Purple out. It just surprises me since he was very offensive in the beginning, then just stops doing everything.
    Weird. Blue usually mines out all the Gold he can get to. Of curse not everything at the same time, but enough to keep him afloat. Does he only have level 1's around? Because usually, whilst still being more of a minor opponent at this point, he should have a rather well trained army at his disposal. I even saw him fighting Purple over a longer period of time once where he actually managed to defacto 'beat' him in combat. He didn't kill him, but Purple's army was in a really bad shape whilst Blue had a bunch of high level creatures.

Anyways, it's been a few days now, did you manage to beat Prelude or Follow Me?

Beetle

Weird, something must have gone wrong with the latest update. Normally you can only get 3 or 4 Bile Demons and Salamanders aren't even supposed to be available before Madness.
    I hope this works properly, anyways. Yeah I had like 8 Biles Demons and a few Salamanders, Blue also had a ton of Bile Demons too.

I'm surprised you had the time to do this, to my experience Green always progressed to far for me to have time to start a flank attack once I've dealt with the Heroes. I'm sure that this one of the rather quick strategies, as you don't have to withstand her constant attacks and have to deal with the reonforcments she gets.
    Green DID have all the reinforcements, they had like I believe 35-40 units on their side, they were advancing up to about midway through the hero fortress, and I did the other half. Then I was able to dig all the way around into their area. I am sure I took a while, but I guess I was fast enough before they attacked me, since they never once attacked me other then my assault on them.

If you only had 4 Guards left after Green died, how did you survive the Hero Invasion after that?
    Traps....lots and lots and lots and lots and ermm whats the word? Ahh yeah lots. lol I kid you not I had tons, they were meant to beat the crap out of Blue and Green but they died before they got to them. They wiped out a lot of the Heroes and then I was going nuts with my Guards lol. I also kinda abused Possession since I didn't think I would win if I didn't

Rushing Green is a tactic I like to use as well. He might be tough if you attack right away, but he surely can be beaten. I'm surprised you attacked Blue after that though. Yellow usually starts with her Invasion soon after Green, while Blue gets really powerful and becomes more of a late game enemy due to his powerful forces. I guess dealing with him first can make things somewhat easier in that regard though, if you don't happen to get invaded by Yellow while you clear out his dungeon.
    Nah, I killed Green then attacked Yellow, Blue was the final Keeper left. He just wasn't that much a threat at that point when I have my own dungeon + both of theirs and all the goodies. Blue didn't go down easily, but he didn't have a chance.

Ah yeah, I like to use that tactic as well. I love putting enemies against each other in general, that's why I designed this level to give you plenty of opportunities to do so. As I can see you had quite an interesting outcome due to that in the end.
    Yep To be honest I don't think I could have taken Green or Purple if I fought them myself, they have some pretty scary armies.

Weird. Blue usually mines out all the Gold he can get to. Of curse not everything at the same time, but enough to keep him afloat. Does he only have level 1's around? Because usually, whilst still being more of a minor opponent at this point, he should have a rather well trained army at his disposal. I even saw him fighting Purple over a longer period of time once where he actually managed to defacto 'beat' him in combat. He didn't kill him, but Purple's army was in a really bad shape whilst Blue had a bunch of high level creatures.
    I beat the level a few times now, Once Green is out of the picture, the level becomes INCREDIBLY easy. And yeah, every time Blue was completely useless. I saw Blue and Purple do a few skirmishes, with them both fairly even, but then Blue kept always derping out and just stopped mining, every time I killed Blue, they had lvl1s and some times they didn't even have the full 25 creatures, I swore once or twice they had like 10.

Anyways, it's been a few days now, did you manage to beat Prelude or Follow Me?
    I am out Take A Bow and Hysteria right now. Follow Me I lost twice on not knowing what to do, but on the third try I had a good idea. I released the 2 northern hero groups as well as the Lotl one and they were enough to totally destroy Nexus's army. All the Heroes ended up dying in the attack but so did all of Nexus's, Ironically the Lotl got stuck in a wall midway through Nexus's dungeon so I easily killed him on my way to the heart and killed that easily when all he had was lvl1s vs my small but decent trained army of 6-7s.

Animals and Explorers I don't even wanna talk about.....let's just say I lost about the same amount of times as Prelude before winning ONCE. Grand Keepers are insane, and this was the easiest one....I don't wanna picture the others.

Darkshines was very easy. I just had one big battle with Blue and won and that was that. He was even easier than the Keeper in Supremacy.

Gamer IDs

I hope this works properly, anyways. Yeah I had like 8 Biles Demons and a few Salamanders, Blue also had a ton of Bile Demons too.
    Hm, weird. Something must've gone wrong while updating the Patch values. I'll have to look into this later.

Green DID have all the reinforcements, they had like I believe 35-40 units on their side, they were advancing up to about midway through the hero fortress, and I did the other half. Then I was able to dig all the way around into their area. I am sure I took a while, but I guess I was fast enough before they attacked me, since they never once attacked me other then my assault on them.
    Do you mean that no Hero Parties really went after you? Did you attack them before their dwarves breached your dungeon? Because I kinda made a secret passage into the Hero area and if you open up there instead of the normal area it should be in theory possible to avoid most of their attacks altogether. Plus you'd be closer to Green right off the bat. I'm not sure whether the attacks would actually stop, as I never really tested this. i think the Hero Parties start spawning once you killed that one Wizard, but I don't remember whether he's set to attack you no matter what, or only after you kill that special Elven Archer.
    Traps....lots and lots and lots and lots and ermm whats the word? Ahh yeah lots. lol I kid you not I had tons, they were meant to beat the crap out of Blue and Green but they died before they got to them. They wiped out a lot of the Heroes and then I was going nuts with my Guards lol. I also kinda abused Possession since I didn't think I would win if I didn't
    Well, to be honest, the Invasion is supposed to come off as a surprise. And considering that the map starts out with putting you against two Keepers, Players would usually thing that the game ends after the second Keeper dies, so they'd be more reckless here. After that they'd really have to try everything they can to slow down the massive Invasion at the end that doesn't just go after their main dungeon but destroys the newly claimed rooms from Green and Blue as well.

Nah, I killed Green then attacked Yellow, Blue was the final Keeper left. He just wasn't that much a threat at that point when I have my own dungeon + both of theirs and all the goodies. Blue didn't go down easily, but he didn't have a chance.
    Yeah, he's supposed to put up a fight, but should only be a real danger for players who play way too defensively, or those who just rush up to the next Keeper once one of them goes down.
    Yep To be honest I don't think I could have taken Green or Purple if I fought them myself, they have some pretty scary armies.
    Well, they are the most dangerous Keepers on the map after all. Sometimes they engage each other and fight for supremacy over the eastern area of the map, in that case you might just stand a chance by pressuring one side until the Keeper falls, but generally it'll either end up with one of them winning eventually. However, if you took out Blue and Yellow first you should have quite a force under your command yourself, in which case you'd be able to go toe on toe with them.
    I beat the level a few times now, Once Green is out of the picture, the level becomes INCREDIBLY easy. And yeah, every time Blue was completely useless. I saw Blue and Purple do a few skirmishes, with them both fairly even, but then Blue kept always derping out and just stopped mining, every time I killed Blue, they had lvl1s and some times they didn't even have the full 25 creatures, I swore once or twice they had like 10.
    Weird, Blue usually handles himself pretty well in my experience. I just tested it and he was doing rather well. However, even with Blue being rather dull, I hope Purple did up a fight for you at least. Unless you really convert everything his army should normally be about equal to yours.
    I am out Take A Bow and Hysteria right now. Follow Me I lost twice on not knowing what to do, but on the third try I had a good idea. I released the 2 northern hero groups as well as the Lotl one and they were enough to totally destroy Nexus's army. All the Heroes ended up dying in the attack but so did all of Nexus's, Ironically the Lotl got stuck in a wall midway through Nexus's dungeon so I easily killed him on my way to the heart and killed that easily when all he had was lvl1s vs my small but decent trained army of 6-7s.
    Ah yeah, that's pretty much how the map usually plays out. Sometimes however Nexus manages to repel the Heroes while keeping some of his creatures alive. Due to that I usually try to sneak into his dungeon while he is in his major fight with the LotL and his cronies.

Have fun with Hysteria btw! The Keepers there can be quite dangerous, especially the longer the game takes. Same for TaB. Even though they don't really expand too much there, they can become quite dangerous if they start attacking you before you're ready. Although this level is one of the easier ones I would say. Especially because you can take your time with everything.
    Animals and Explorers I don't even wanna talk about.....let's just say I lost about the same amount of times as Prelude before winning ONCE. Grand Keepers are insane, and this was the easiest one....I don't wanna picture the others.
    Oh yeah, Animals can be quite difficult if you don't watch out for Hades and let him take over the other dungeons. Especially if he cuts you off from the gems or the two Portals from Yellow. The others don't necessarily have a stronger and bigger force, but their tactics will differ from Hades a lot. On Explorers I guess the explorer groups that were circling around your dungeon were causing problems.^^ Or the fairy attacks, as they can be pretty good Vampire killers.
    Darkshines was very easy. I just had one big battle with Blue and won and that was that. He was even easier than the Keeper in Supremacy.
    Huh, that is surprising. While it's possible for him to be rather slow at times he will usually build up his army way faster than you, especially because you have to research most stuff first in this level. He also enjoys using rather confusing tactics, I even have a recording where he totally managed to outwit me by fooling me with a 'feint attack'

Beetle

Do you mean that no Hero Parties really went after you? Did you attack them before their dwarves breached your dungeon? Because I kinda made a secret passage into the Hero area and if you open up there instead of the normal area it should be in theory possible to avoid most of their attacks altogether. Plus you'd be closer to Green right off the bat. I'm not sure whether the attacks would actually stop, as I never really tested this. i think the Hero Parties start spawning once you killed that one Wizard, but I don't remember whether he's set to attack you no matter what, or only after you kill that special Elven Archer.
    Hero Parties attacked me, I wiped out half the hero fortress, up until the midway area where there is soft rock to break that can lead you into her section of the map. I was getting hit by Giant attacks every now and then from that one gate in the middle that couldn't be destroyed, but they were hardly a threat. She was having a hard time taking out the last Gate that was still Hero controlled, which gave me enough time to build a small fort and ambush her, which worked very effectively.

Well, to be honest, the Invasion is supposed to come off as a surprise. And considering that the map starts out with putting you against two Keepers, Players would usually thing that the game ends after the second Keeper dies, so they'd be more reckless here. After that they'd really have to try everything they can to slow down the massive Invasion at the end that doesn't just go after their main dungeon but destroys the newly claimed rooms from Green and Blue as well.
    It did catch me offguard xD I was thinking the level would end when Green died, he did and it didn't end. Then I notice a lot of heroes, but that was the area I placed about 50+ traps in to keep Blue and Green out from going into my dungeon. I think it was just pure chance that was also the area the sneak attack happened.

Well, they are the most dangerous Keepers on the map after all. Sometimes they engage each other and fight for supremacy over the eastern area of the map, in that case you might just stand a chance by pressuring one side until the Keeper falls, but generally it'll either end up with one of them winning eventually. However, if you took out Blue and Yellow first you should have quite a force under your command yourself, in which case you'd be able to go toe on toe with them.
    Yeah in my case, other than when I forced them all to fight, they all stuck to their own sections. On a few reloads when Yellow actually managed to beat Blue, I noticed Purple troops were there as well, so I guess they dug into each other, but other than that, they all were defensive.

Weird, Blue usually handles himself pretty well in my experience. I just tested it and he was doing rather well. However, even with Blue being rather dull, I hope Purple did up a fight for you at least. Unless you really convert everything his army should normally be about equal to yours.
    Blue was doing well up until about the point I wiped out the eastern side of the hero fort and Blue and Purple wiped out the western side entirely. I watched a few battles of them to duking it out and Blue dished out just as much damage as they took. But then just nothing, they stopped digging gold any their troops started getting pissed and ended up leaving. Purple kept attacking me because of my annoying ass Rogue, until I got tired of him and turned him into a Skeleton, on my first win I tried attacking before killing Blue and well...I took out about half Purple's army, but I lost just about everything I had. Thankfully Blue was weak and had very little creatures so the few survivors I had were enough to kill Blue. With 2 more portals and a few converted weaklings that I could buff up and some Skeleton fodder, I had about 60 vs their 45ish. It wasn't a cakewalk, but I overran Purple.

Ah yeah, that's pretty much how the map usually plays out. Sometimes however Nexus manages to repel the Heroes while keeping some of his creatures alive. Due to that I usually try to sneak into his dungeon while he is in his major fight with the LotL and his cronies.
    Yeah, on the first few tries I threw one hero wave at a time at him, which Nexus easily was able to smash. It took about 4 tries to realize I should get each pillar to 1 wall left, then break a couple at once, so I ended up doing the Lotl as well as the two frontal ones and I won at that point.

Have fun with Hysteria btw! The Keepers there can be quite dangerous, especially the longer the game takes. Same for TaB. Even though they don't really expand too much there, they can become quite dangerous if they start attacking you before you're ready. Although this level is one of the easier ones I would say. Especially because you can take your time with everything.
    Hysteria is the part I am stuck at now, Little gold and having them all pounding on you often becomes too much. TaB was easy for me, but I also took a risk. I built a temple and graveyard 5x5 and got a lot of Dark Angels as well as Reapers and Vampires. Had 6/2/8 of them all and got them all to 5, then attacked Yellow. I think Blue was the weaker one, but Yellow for some reason seemed easier. So I attacked them, downright slaughtered their army, they had lvl6s and 7s, but First Class creatures are tough lol. At that point I had a gem, Built up army and just went for Purple, didn't bother with Blue. They were stupid and dropped their entire army right on top of my army so I killed 90% of them before they really even started attacking. The only part that scared me was when they sudden got a large group of creatures, I saw some level 10s in there that worried me, that small group wiped out about half of my army, but it was in the heart room so while they killed a lot of my army, the other half killed the heart. Was a fun level, but liek you said, pretty easy.

Oh yeah, Animals can be quite difficult if you don't watch out for Hades and let him take over the other dungeons. Especially if he cuts you off from the gems or the two Portals from Yellow. The others don't necessarily have a stronger and bigger force, but their tactics will differ from Hades a lot. On Explorers I guess the explorer groups that were circling around your dungeon were causing problems.^^ Or the fairy attacks, as they can be pretty good Vampire killers.
    Every single time....Hades killed Gregory or Green Keeper, in turn totally cutting me off from Blue, which had the gems....The time I finally won, Hades attacked, wiped out Green's army, I killed Green and very fast set up a Secret door right next to Greens old Lair. That stopped Hades for now, I then went to Yellow which I found to be incredibly easy. But then I started running into money problems, and I didnt go far enough in Green's dungeon to dig to them. I was able to claim a few tiles ahead, and Baracade myself before Hades's Imps got to me, did that twice and was able to dig and kill Blue. I ended up assaulting Hades up his western path and that was a brutal fight, I swear he had like 30 Skeletons.... I am glad that level is done with is all I can say.

Huh, that is surprising. While it's possible for him to be rather slow at times he will usually build up his army way faster than you, especially because you have to research most stuff first in this level. He also enjoys using rather confusing tactics, I even have a recording where he totally managed to outwit me by fooling me with a 'feint attack'
    His base and troops were all 5s and 6s, and I noticed he had like 7 Reapers which scared me, but he never attacked me, I ended up doing a couple Magic Doors and behind one of them were 5 Boulders, got him to drop his entire army in front of the Magic door, sold it, and 5 Boulders later, he had barely anyone alive. Boulders are very nice now

I am currently on Citizen Erased, doing F version first, I find this one to be the most interesting to start with, will take me a while to get through all of these. As for Big Freeze, I literally did nothing and both Keepers died. I am just building up my base and watching my creatures train, and I hear that Lucifer has died, I laugh and keep going on. Then I hear that Harken died as well. At that point I was cracking up to the max. Both keepers dead and I didn't even need to lift a finger. Once I got access to the Gem, I once again went almost all First Class creatures and easily wiped out the Heroes.
    Last edited by Shonji; November 22nd, 2013 at 04:39.

Gamer IDs

Yeah in my case, other than when I forced them all to fight, they all stuck to their own sections. On a few reloads when Yellow actually managed to beat Blue, I noticed Purple troops were there as well, so I guess they dug into each other, but other than that, they all were defensive.
    I also had runs where Yellow attacked Purple, even though she normally attacks me. The map can play out somewhat random, but not as much as Citizen Erased.
    Blue was doing well up until about the point I wiped out the eastern side of the hero fort and Blue and Purple wiped out the western side entirely. I watched a few battles of them to duking it out and Blue dished out just as much damage as they took. But then just nothing, they stopped digging gold any their troops started getting pissed and ended up leaving. Purple kept attacking me because of my annoying ass Rogue, until I got tired of him and turned him into a Skeleton, on my first win I tried attacking before killing Blue and well...I took out about half Purple's army, but I lost just about everything I had. Thankfully Blue was weak and had very little creatures so the few survivors I had were enough to kill Blue. With 2 more portals and a few converted weaklings that I could buff up and some Skeleton fodder, I had about 60 vs their 45ish. It wasn't a cakewalk, but I overran Purple.
    Well, then it seems like everything worked out as I intended too, aside from Blue's AI messing up. Purple is supposed to be strong, but if you convert some Heroes and take the portals of the other Keepers you should be slightly stronger than him.
    Yeah, on the first few tries I threw one hero wave at a time at him, which Nexus easily was able to smash. It took about 4 tries to realize I should get each pillar to 1 wall left, then break a couple at once, so I ended up doing the Lotl as well as the two frontal ones and I won at that point.
    Ah, so I guess you fought off the Heroes that went after you and then killed Nexus. I usually start with my sneak attack through the sides of his dungeon while he's still fighting, so I usually have to hope my traps can keep them away for long enough.

Hysteria is the part I am stuck at now, Little gold and having them all pounding on you often becomes too much.
    My tips would be to claim all the gold to the east of your dungeon on Yellow's island as quick as possible before he takes it and then to launch an attack on Purple's outpost. After that I'd take down Yellow, followed by Green. (Which will most likely lead you to Purple again, as he likes to rush in for the portal of his dead ally). Avoid contact with Blue at all costs, don't anger him until the others are dead! Keep your Heroes alive and explore to find some more. They're superior to their creature counter parts and will be a great help with dealing with bigger forces. If Green or Yellow should try to attack you at some point, be sure that it'll be a tough fight. If you think victory is impossible, try to intercept his troops before they reach the CTA at your dungeon and sacrifice some minions to keep the fight somewhat away from your dungeon until the other Keeper removes his flag. A few traps on the surrounding areas are a good idea to keep your domain more secure from these raids. You should also play fairly aggressive and secure as much Gold as possible. You don't want to run out of it before at least four Keepers are dead.

TaB was easy for me, but I also took a risk. I built a temple and graveyard 5x5 and got a lot of Dark Angels as well as Reapers and Vampires. Had 6/2/8 of them all and got them all to 5, then attacked Yellow. I think Blue was the weaker one, but Yellow for some reason seemed easier. So I attacked them, downright slaughtered their army, they had lvl6s and 7s, but First Class creatures are tough lol. At that point I had a gem, Built up army and just went for Purple, didn't bother with Blue. They were stupid and dropped their entire army right on top of my army so I killed 90% of them before they really even started attacking. The only part that scared me was when they sudden got a large group of creatures, I saw some level 10s in there that worried me, that small group wiped out about half of my army, but it was in the heart room so while they killed a lot of my army, the other half killed the heart. Was a fun level, but liek you said, pretty easy.
    I'm surprised you managed to defeat Purple here without taking the portal from Blue. Did you use the stuff from the Hero cavern? The thing that makes this level so easy is that you have basically all the time in the world to deal with Purple if you want to, so you can just prepare everything until you're absolutely 100% ready. I knew this would make it somewhat easy, but it's also ho I intended the map to play out.
    Every single time....Hades killed Gregory or Green Keeper, in turn totally cutting me off from Blue, which had the gems....The time I finally won, Hades attacked, wiped out Green's army, I killed Green and very fast set up a Secret door right next to Greens old Lair. That stopped Hades for now, I then went to Yellow which I found to be incredibly easy. But then I started running into money problems, and I didnt go far enough in Green's dungeon to dig to them. I was able to claim a few tiles ahead, and Baracade myself before Hades's Imps got to me, did that twice and was able to dig and kill Blue. I ended up assaulting Hades up his western path and that was a brutal fight, I swear he had like 30 Skeletons.... I am glad that level is done with is all I can say.
    I usually attack Green at that long hallway as soon as I see Hades attack his outpost and seal it off with a Secret Door. In theory you could also attack him yourself and seal the place off before Hades attacks, but it's a bit easier to just wait until Hades deals with his creatures.
    However, this most likely leads to him building up his huge shock troop division of Skeletons and Vampires. You said you attacked from the west, so I guess you saw his huge Prison and Graveyard complex?

Btw, what happened on Explorers? You said you found it to be almost as difficult as Animals?

His base and troops were all 5s and 6s, and I noticed he had like 7 Reapers which scared me, but he never attacked me, I ended up doing a couple Magic Doors and behind one of them were 5 Boulders, got him to drop his entire army in front of the Magic door, sold it, and 5 Boulders later, he had barely anyone alive. Boulders are very nice now
    Hm, investing in Boulders would certainly be useful here. In the video I mentioned he totally tricked me to build all my defenses on the East of my dungeon with a quick diversion with dozens of Salamanders, and when they were build he just came directly from the North and bypassed them completely, ultimately bringing me down very very quick. I could upload it if I can find it again.
    I am currently on Citizen Erased, doing F version first, I find this one to be the most interesting to start with, will take me a while to get through all of these.
    Ah Citizen Erased, the probably most random maps in the campaign! The AIs will react completely different almost every time you play the level. Plus I think it's the only map I've got that features 5 different Keepers. (Albeit one will be the replacement for another on different map variants). How's it going with this map?

As for Big Freeze, I literally did nothing and both Keepers died. I am just building up my base and watching my creatures train, and I hear that Lucifer has died, I laugh and keep going on. Then I hear that Harken died as well. At that point I was cracking up to the max. Both keepers dead and I didn't even need to lift a finger. Once I got access to the Gem, I once again went almost all First Class creatures and easily wiped out the Heroes.
    Huh, weird. The first Keeper to move into the lake gets attacked by the Hero Invasion. Whilst they both most likely survive this, it's very possible one of them might actually fall if the Heroes catch him unprepared. No idea why the other one died as well, though I suspect that Harken did breach the fortress and got his as kicked by the Lotl and his troops. Eventually they must have followed him back to his DH I guess. Seems like you got really lucky, as this is a pretty dynamic map. Pretty much anything can happen, so it's actually possible that the next time you play it, Lucifer manages to conquer the Heroes and maybe even Harken.

Beetle

My tips would be to claim all the gold to the east of your dungeon on Yellow's island as quick as possible before he takes it and then to launch an attack on Purple's outpost. After that I'd take down Yellow, followed by Green. (Which will most likely lead you to Purple again, as he likes to rush in for the portal of his dead ally). Avoid contact with Blue at all costs, don't anger him until the others are dead! Keep your Heroes alive and explore to find some more. They're superior to their creature counter parts and will be a great help with dealing with bigger forces. If Green or Yellow should try to attack you at some point, be sure that it'll be a tough fight. If you think victory is impossible, try to intercept his troops before they reach the CTA at your dungeon and sacrifice some minions to keep the fight somewhat away from your dungeon until the other Keeper removes his flag. A few traps on the surrounding areas are a good idea to keep your domain more secure from these raids. You should also play fairly aggressive and secure as much Gold as possible. You don't want to run out of it before at least four Keepers are dead.
    I will try that this time around when I go back to it.

I'm surprised you managed to defeat Purple here without taking the portal from Blue. Did you use the stuff from the Hero cavern? The thing that makes this level so easy is that you have basically all the time in the world to deal with Purple if you want to, so you can just prepare everything until you're absolutely 100% ready. I knew this would make it somewhat easy, but it's also ho I intended the map to play out.
    I think the only reason I won was because while he had about 50 creatures vs the like 35 I had, he dropped them on top of my entire army, so I killed about 30 of them before they even got up, I also had an entire army of all First Class creatures which I am sure played a huge factor. And no, I didn't bother with the Hero Cavern. I built a few doors and an alarm trap incase they dug out of their area, but they never did. I got my Vampires and Skeletons from killing my Goblins and Salamanders and a few Vampires from the Portal.

I usually attack Green at that long hallway as soon as I see Hades attack his outpost and seal it off with a Secret Door. In theory you could also attack him yourself and seal the place off before Hades attacks, but it's a bit easier to just wait until Hades deals with his creatures.
    However, this most likely leads to him building up his huge shock troop division of Skeletons and Vampires. You said you attacked from the west, so I guess you saw his huge Prison and Graveyard complex?
    Yes.....yes I did. I understood how he had so many now. There was like fking 6 4x4 Prisons and I saw about 3 4x4 Graveyards. I am like..........wow. At least Skeletons die fast, so once they were all gone, it was an even fight, it was a pain doing those battles to get the Skeletons killed though.

Btw, what happened on Explorers? You said you found it to be almost as difficult as Animals?
    Skeletons.....Skeletons are the reason it was annoying. They kept charging outside my base and drew the attention of the large Hero party. I tried doing doors and traps, but the small parties that attacked kept breaking them all. Not to mention Vampires suck pretty badly before lvl3 or 4 when they learn drain, doesn't help when I see them die in a single fight.

Hm, investing in Boulders would certainly be useful here. In the video I mentioned he totally tricked me to build all my defenses on the East of my dungeon with a quick diversion with dozens of Salamanders, and when they were build he just came directly from the North and bypassed them completely, ultimately bringing me down very very quick. I could upload it if I can find it again.
    That would be funny to watch, but yeah in my case he never did anything, he just was training and built a massive Casino.

Ah Citizen Erased, the probably most random maps in the campaign! The AIs will react completely different almost every time you play the level. Plus I think it's the only map I've got that features 5 different Keepers. (Albeit one will be the replacement for another on different map variants). How's it going with this map?
    So far I have beaten F and B. In F I literally did next to nothing in F. Loki kept attacking me but I kept slaughtering his troops since ranged units and pretty tough now. And Astarte was the main powerhouse in this map. They killed Baal and Moloch. Never bothered me which was funny. During an assault Astarte had on Loki, I got right next to their heart without gettign noticed and started to attack it, Astarte finally tried to defend it after a while but it was already too late, the heart was at the very critical state (<10%) so I killed it before they did much. Then I just killed Loki which had nothing left from the attack from Astarte.

In B I think the thing that save me was 4 Magic doors in a row. The creatures have a hard time getting close enough to hit it, and they never usually have enough damage to destroy one until ranged fighters get close. Baal died first by Astarte again, but luckily I snatched a few Heroes from him before dying, a Guard,Knight,Elf. I was hoping he would live longer so I could take more, since I got rid of my Mistresses and went full Hero army. After that, all 3 Keepers were going after me, but like I said, Magic Doors are amazing. They kept holding them back and all their armies kept killing each other trying to get to my doors. Astarte almost got me since she managed to break down all 4 doors, but thankfully my blockers were able to keep them in the small corridor and my ranged units took them out fast. I rebuilt my Magic doors right as Astarte started to attack me again. At this point I had a little surprise for her. While she was busy trying to break my doors, I made a small little trap fortress right next to her heart. Busted the walls down and dropped everything I had right in her heartroom. She tried to counterattack but all the sentries and lightning traps made short work of her army while I beat her heart down. Once she finally died I more or less won, with 3 dungeons under my control, I just went all out on Loki since he was the next threatening, I lost most my Heroes in the fight with him but still managed to kill him, then just put a Cta on Moloch's heart and watched as my creatures beat into him, he was able to hold out for a while but my first big attack on him took out most of his army, and with 4 portals spitting out troops, even if lvl1, they eventually overhelm his last few defenders.

Huh, weird. The first Keeper to move into the lake gets attacked by the Hero Invasion. Whilst they both most likely survive this, it's very possible one of them might actually fall if the Heroes catch him unprepared. No idea why the other one died as well, though I suspect that Harken did breach the fortress and got his as kicked by the Lotl and his troops. Eventually they must have followed him back to his DH I guess. Seems like you got really lucky, as this is a pretty dynamic map. Pretty much anything can happen, so it's actually possible that the next time you play it, Lucifer manages to conquer the Heroes and maybe even Harken.
    I turned the reveal all cheat on to watch what was going on once I heard the Lotl freaking out. Lucifer broke out first, and it was early too, I think I was only like 5-10 minutes into the map, and a good 30 something Heroes attacked him. He had no chance in hell, only a few Wizards and Elves died in the battle. Then Harken broke out while the Heroes were going back to the castle and they saw his imps trying to dig the gold near my dungeon(Which I found funny since he had about 200-300k worth of gold near him) So they started to attack him, he beat the attack but lost like 5 of his 10 DA's. Then I just went back to my own dungeon, and like 20 minutes later I hear massive battle music, I look around and like you said, the entire inner fortress of Heroes were attacking Harken, he got beaten in the battle, took a good amount of the Heroes with him, but not enough, they eventually got to his heart. I just found it funny how it went from a 2 keeper enemies to just the Lotl and I didn't do a thing.

Gamer IDs

Skeletons.....Skeletons are the reason it was annoying. They kept charging outside my base and drew the attention of the large Hero party. I tried doing doors and traps, but the small parties that attacked kept breaking them all. Not to mention Vampires suck pretty badly before lvl3 or 4 when they learn drain, doesn't help when I see them die in a single fight.
    Ah, I see. That's why I keep my Skeletons in a Guard Room and try to have as few entrances into my dungeon as possible. The Vamps are actually not that hard to train up imo, there are enough low level Heroes around and with the Protect spell it's hard to lose them there. The explorer groups are a different thing though, as are the Fairy attack groups. If I recall correctly their attacks were more than enough to take out a high level vamp if they teamed up. How did it go with the two Keepers btw? I remember Kimaris being somewhat of a slog with his Inferno spell, but rather manageable while Malphas could really mess you up if you didn't capture the other Portals before confronting him.
    That would be funny to watch, but yeah in my case he never did anything, he just was training and built a massive Casino.
    I think I could upload it later today.
    In B I think the thing that save me was 4 Magic doors in a row. The creatures have a hard time getting close enough to hit it, and they never usually have enough damage to destroy one until ranged fighters get close. Baal died first by Astarte again, but luckily I snatched a few Heroes from him before dying, a Guard,Knight,Elf. I was hoping he would live longer so I could take more, since I got rid of my Mistresses and went full Hero army. After that, all 3 Keepers were going after me, but like I said, Magic Doors are amazing. They kept holding them back and all their armies kept killing each other trying to get to my doors. Astarte almost got me since she managed to break down all 4 doors, but thankfully my blockers were able to keep them in the small corridor and my ranged units took them out fast. I rebuilt my Magic doors right as Astarte started to attack me again. At this point I had a little surprise for her. While she was busy trying to break my doors, I made a small little trap fortress right next to her heart. Busted the walls down and dropped everything I had right in her heartroom. She tried to counterattack but all the sentries and lightning traps made short work of her army while I beat her heart down. Once she finally died I more or less won, with 3 dungeons under my control, I just went all out on Loki since he was the next threatening, I lost most my Heroes in the fight with him but still managed to kill him, then just put a Cta on Moloch's heart and watched as my creatures beat into him, he was able to hold out for a while but my first big attack on him took out most of his army, and with 4 portals spitting out troops, even if lvl1, they eventually overhelm his last few defenders.
    Looks like you had quite some fun in B. Getting all the Keepers to attack you certainly makes things interesting, especially when you prepared yourself for a siege.
    I turned the reveal all cheat on to watch what was going on once I heard the Lotl freaking out. Lucifer broke out first, and it was early too, I think I was only like 5-10 minutes into the map, and a good 30 something Heroes attacked him. He had no chance in hell, only a few Wizards and Elves died in the battle. Then Harken broke out while the Heroes were going back to the castle and they saw his imps trying to dig the gold near my dungeon(Which I found funny since he had about 200-300k worth of gold near him) So they started to attack him, he beat the attack but lost like 5 of his 10 DA's. Then I just went back to my own dungeon, and like 20 minutes later I hear massive battle music, I look around and like you said, the entire inner fortress of Heroes were attacking Harken, he got beaten in the battle, took a good amount of the Heroes with him, but not enough, they eventually got to his heart. I just found it funny how it went from a 2 keeper enemies to just the Lotl and I didn't do a thing.
    Huh, Lucifer never attacked that soon into the game for me. If he really attacks as early as ten minutes into the game, he will obviously get destroyed. Harken tends to go after the southern Gold depot you start off with, no idea why he does this sometimes. Usually he'll use his CTA to clear out the Heroes, but if Lucifer really died that soon, I can see them being powerful enough to push Harken off.