Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kasabian Campaign - Episode 1

Beetle

Default Re: The Kasabian Campaign - Episode 1

I don't think Lucifer was attacking, I think he was mining the gold on the edge and one of the hero slow cannon saw his imps, thus sealing his fate. Harken never attempted to fight back the heroes really other than when it was too late. I redid the level and this time neither of them came out of their areas. This will make a more interesting challenge. I just find it funny they both derped badly and died for it.

I jumped ahead to Save Me and I find this level pretty easy so far, we both killed Green keeper after a few assaults from Lillith and i finally attacked when she did as well. Now that I have a gem I am just going to sit back and watch her and Bune duke it out. The way I see it, I am unsure what would be better for me. To fk Lillith over and hope she dies, or help her kill Bune, only for her to turn on me. I am feeling I shoudl let Lillith die since she is closer to me and Creatures are more threatening to me then Skeletons which die easily and Vampires which I could just use the water against them.

Still getting my ass kicked in Hysteria, that one might take me a while to master, it seems like the instant I take Purple's outpost with the portal. EVERYONE freaks out and goes all out on me. The last few times I restarted when I saw everyone's Cta at my heart and watched as 100s came at me.

Curious to see how Stockholm Syndrome will play out. From what your little description of it says. It is basically another Madness. Wonder what the surprise is.

Ok I am wondering, Green Keeper died to the Lotl and his heroes in Stockholm, I am wondering if I should count that as a win or not lol. I heard a massive battle going on, then the screen just went black as if I won.
    Last edited by Shonji; November 22nd, 2013 at 22:14.

Hey Skarok,

This is amazing, so much work went in to this. Can't thank you enough. Playing these levels is like I've never played the game before, bravo.

I want to ask you what you think of my set up, and if it's OK for your campaign. I'm using the newest GOG version of DKII (version 1.7), with the newest GIM (General Improvement Mod). The GIM apparently reverts DKII back to version 1.5, and I can verify that by the beefed up Keeper AI.

So do you think this will work as long as it's v1.5? The AI in your campaign seem to be extremely competent.

My other question is: Even if I load the maps via the command line, will the "Improvements" in the GIM mess with your map's custom settings?

I'm using the GOG version and GIM as a workaround only because I simply CAN'T get the stand alone version of DKII to work, even the one you linked to, it just crashes at the menu on open every time.

Thanks for your time (and tech support!)
    Dave

Beetle

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper_Dave View Post
    Hey Skarok,

This is amazing, so much work went in to this. Can't thank you enough. Playing these levels is like I've never played the game before, bravo.

I want to ask you what you think of my set up, and if it's OK for your campaign. I'm using the newest GOG version of DKII (version 1.7), with the newest GIM (General Improvement Mod). The GIM apparently reverts DKII back to version 1.5, and I can verify that by the beefed up Keeper AI.

So do you think this will work as long as it's v1.5? The AI in your campaign seem to be extremely competent.

My other question is: Even if I load the maps via the command line, will the "Improvements" in the GIM mess with your map's custom settings?

I'm using the GOG version and GIM as a workaround only because I simply CAN'T get the stand alone version of DKII to work, even the one you linked to, it just crashes at the menu on open every time.

Thanks for your time (and tech support!)
    Dave
    I had the same problem in the past. GIM won't work, I tried for a couple days trying to get it to work.
    Last edited by Shonji; November 22nd, 2013 at 22:11.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Skarok

Quote Originally Posted by Shonji View Post
    I jumped ahead to Save Me and I find this level pretty easy so far, we both killed Green keeper after a few assaults from Lillith and i finally attacked when she did as well. Now that I have a gem I am just going to sit back and watch her and Bune duke it out. The way I see it, I am unsure what would be better for me. To fk Lillith over and hope she dies, or help her kill Bune, only for her to turn on me. I am feeling I shoudl let Lillith die since she is closer to me and Creatures are more threatening to me then Skeletons which die easily and Vampires which I could just use the water against them.
    Yeah, Green is only really a problem if you chose not to ally with Lillith. As to whether you want to help her or not... well it depends really. Sometimes it'll be easier to deal with Buné after their fight, but sometimes Lillith might become a pretty big threat to you. It can go both ways really. If you're lucky they'll both be rather weak after their confrontation though, in that case it should be pretty easy to win. Also, make sure to look for the Hidden Realm extra for MK Ultra!
    Still getting my ass kicked in Hysteria, that one might take me a while to master, it seems like the instant I take Purple's outpost with the portal. EVERYONE freaks out and goes all out on me. The last few times I restarted when I saw everyone's Cta at my heart and watched as 100s came at me.
    Weird. Though I have noticed that the AIs on Hysteria seem to be very passionate about aiding their allies when they are in their need. Like they actually communicate with each other and try to help others in danger out. No idea why they do this on just this map though.

Curious to see how Stockholm Syndrome will play out. From what your little description of it says. It is basically another Madness. Wonder what the surprise is.
    Oh, Stockholm Syndrome certainly has a few surprises. Especially the area were most of the fighting with Damballa will happen is pretty interesting.

Hey Skarok,

I have to thank you. Always glad when people enjoy my maps!

Honestly, I'm not quite sure. Shonji said he had a lot of problems trying to get it working with that. However, I'd suggest you just copy the files over into your game and give it a try yourself. Maybe it'll work for you. If not, try using the 1.3 version I linked in this thread.
    Nope, it wouldn't really matter that much, as the level variables and globals are stored separately for each map.
    Hm, did you try to change the Anti-aliasing setting as I mentioned above? This seems to be a pretty good fix for most of the problems people have with 1.3. Or if you can get into the menu, turning off Hardware Acceleration.
    There is absoluetly nothing wrong with DK Mobile, whatsoever.

Beetle

I allied with Lillith, together we dropped Green, then I allowed Lillith to fight Bune by herself. She was winning the battle, that was when I started getting sneaky. I noticed as long as 1 or less of your creatures are in her heart room, she is fine. So I got an imp into her dungeon, and a combination of the 1 imp and Tremor, I broke down the wall north of her heart so it was a 5 wide space instead of just 1, then I placed my entire army with Cta in the room above her heart and waited, I saw that Bune was just about to die, and rushed all my troops at her heart. I was hoping she would have left a few creatures behind to finish him, but she didn't. So my army is pounding her heart in when she tried to save herself. Her army was tough but wasn't big anymore due to Bune, so she was able to kill a good chunk of mine but I had more creatures than her so they kept beating the heart until she died. At that point I had to Cta up to Bune and finish him off, his heart literally was in the 0% state. I am laughing that she didn't leave a single creature to hit it one more time...

As for Stockholm, I was surprised. I won the level without really doing anything. When the cutscene that shows that Damballa is attacking the Lotl, I knew those two were battling. What I didn't expect was my screen going dark as if I won. I was just starting to fight the Heroes and apperently the Lotl was able to kill Damballa and that was it. I don't know if this happens often or very rarely, or if something messed up. I was expecting a big battle, but didn't think the Heroes would win lol.

I just attempted Apocalypse Please and.....those two Keepers are brutal. I completed the sub objective to get Kabel to ally with you....only for him to die about 5-10 minutes later due to their combined assault on him. Then they did the same to me and just slaughtered me. Holy crap xD I thought Kabel was really strong, but I guess not strong enough to survive 2 Keepers.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarok View Post
    Honestly, I'm not quite sure. Shonji said he had a lot of problems trying to get it working with that. However, I'd suggest you just copy the files over into your game and give it a try yourself. Maybe it'll work for you. If not, try using the 1.3 version I linked in this thread.

Perhaps I should clarify. When I asked "will it work" what I mean is, will the level function properly. The program runs fine, I can load at least the first level, and Rex's campaign replacement levels and any other custom levels. Everything seems to function properly but just worried it won't function like your DKII v1.3. I know the best thing is to get your copy working, I'll give it another shot.

Hm, did you try to change the Anti-aliasing setting as I mentioned above? This seems to be a pretty good fix for most of the problems people have with 1.3. Or if you can get into the menu, turning off Hardware Acceleration.
    Yea I saw you mention "setting Antialiasing to 0", where can I set this? I've been using my NVIDIA control panel to tweak the anti-aliasing and threading settings like some have mentioned here but that does not help.
    What are the compatibility settings in your link?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Skarok

I allied with Lillith, together we dropped Green, then I allowed Lillith to fight Bune by herself. She was winning the battle, that was when I started getting sneaky. I noticed as long as 1 or less of your creatures are in her heart room, she is fine. So I got an imp into her dungeon, and a combination of the 1 imp and Tremor, I broke down the wall north of her heart so it was a 5 wide space instead of just 1, then I placed my entire army with Cta in the room above her heart and waited, I saw that Bune was just about to die, and rushed all my troops at her heart. I was hoping she would have left a few creatures behind to finish him, but she didn't. So my army is pounding her heart in when she tried to save herself. Her army was tough but wasn't big anymore due to Bune, so she was able to kill a good chunk of mine but I had more creatures than her so they kept beating the heart until she died. At that point I had to Cta up to Bune and finish him off, his heart literally was in the 0% state. I am laughing that she didn't leave a single creature to hit it one more time...

Ah, so you pretty much waited until Lillith lost her use to you before moving in for the kill! A pretty good tactic, but depending on how strong her forces are at that point, maybe a pretty risky one. Looks like it worked out fine in your case tgough. Did you find the Hidden Realm special for MK Ultra?
    As for Stockholm, I was surprised. I won the level without really doing anything. When the cutscene that shows that Damballa is attacking the Lotl, I knew those two were battling. What I didn't expect was my screen going dark as if I won. I was just starting to fight the Heroes and apperently the Lotl was able to kill Damballa and that was it. I don't know if this happens often or very rarely, or if something messed up. I was expecting a big battle, but didn't think the Heroes would win lol.

Weird, that NEVER really happened to me. And I just tested the map again a few days ago. Are you sure the game didn't just crash? Even if Damballa manages to lose most of his forces in the fight against the Lotl (which he never really did for me), the various traps he has should be more than enough to keep the Heroes out of his dungeon. Actually, I think the Mentor should've said something about you losing to the Heroes, as you only really win this particular level if you kill Damballa, not the Heroes.
    I just attempted Apocalypse Please and.....those two Keepers are brutal. I completed the sub objective to get Kabel to ally with you....only for him to die about 5-10 minutes later due to their combined assault on him. Then they did the same to me and just slaughtered me. Holy crap xD I thought Kabel was really strong, but I guess not strong enough to survive 2 Keepers.
    Yeah, if they team up, they'll be unbelievable dangerous. Whilst Kobal can winn against Blue on his own, he stands no chance against both of them at the same time, even with his army of 1st class units. Depending on whether Blue and Green start attacking together they< might even be able to minimize the loss of their creatures by a lot, which also makes a difference later on. All in all you really need to apply a lot of strategy to bring them down, whilst being careful to never take them on together. They will smite you if you allow them to join their armies!

Perhaps I should clarify. When I asked "will it work" what I mean is, will the level function properly. The program runs fine, I can load at least the first level, and Rex's campaign replacement levels and any other custom levels. Everything seems to function properly but just worried it won't function like your DKII v1.3. I know the best thing is to get your copy working, I'll give it another shot.

Well, if it works fine with the Improvement Patch for you, by all means go use that! That'd probably be easier than to go through all the extra hassle by getting version 1.3 to work. Pretty much the only difference you'll notice is, that with the Improvement Patch basically using 1.51, the AI will use the Combat Pit more actively compared to 1.3. Some Keepers might be a bit more challenging compared to how I tested them in 1.3. Aside from that I don't really see any problems, as the important Data for the levels is stored separately from the rest.

Yea I saw you mention "setting Antialiasing to 0", where can I set this? I've been using my NVIDIA control panel to tweak the anti-aliasing and threading settings like some have mentioned here but that does not help.
    I'm not 100% sure as it's been some time since I last did this, but you should find an entry about DKII somewhere, there you have look somewhere under 'Video'. Shonji might actually know more about this as he recently did this while it's been a few years for me.^^
    There is absoluetly nothing wrong with DK Mobile, whatsoever.

Some Keepers might be a bit more challenging compared to how I tested them in 1.3. Aside from that I don't really see any problems, as the important Data for the levels is stored separately from the rest.

I guess I'll just let it be then. Thanks again, will be playing these for a while.

I had the same problem in the past. GIM won't work, I tried for a couple days trying to get it to work.

I can outline how I merged the newest GOG DKII (2.0.0.32) with the GIM (0.43B). I didn't follow all the GIM installation instructions. The result is, great stability and it never crashes. I can crank it up to 1024x768 with 32-bit colour settings AND true hardware acceleration, it looks better then EVER. Plus best of all I get the old 1.5 Keeper AI which is much better then 1.7.

I can outline how I merged the newest GOG DKII (2.0.0.32) with the GIM (0.43B). I didn't follow all the GIM installation instructions. The result is, great stability and it never crashes. I can crank it up to 1024x768 with 32-bit colour settings AND true hardware acceleration, it looks better then EVER. Plus best of all I get the old 1.5 Keeper AI which is much better then 1.7.
    Please do.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmcast View Post
    I don't actually have the GOG version of DK2, so if you will explain how you did this I can add GOG version support to the mod. I only had access to the patch.dll GOG file from the French http://dungeon-keeper.net/ website. Did you have to hack anything in the game installation?

No hacking. I basically installed the new GOG DKII (payed for it), then followed your manual installation instructions, except step 3. Load the DKII.exe, not anything else. Seems to work out of the box like that.

I also add ' -32bitdisplay -32bittextures -nointmouse' to a shortcut.

I can't get anti-aliasing to work however much I try. Even tried editing the config.ini file. Any ideas?

If you encounter a black screen due to the hardware acceleration, this is a work around, but only works if you have a NVIDIA Control Panel as far as I know.

My system is:
    win7 pro x64
    nvidia geforce GTX 660
    Last edited by Keeper_Dave; November 24th, 2013 at 07:08.