Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread: The Kasabian Campaign - Episode 1

Beetle

Default Re: The Kasabian Campaign - Episode 1

Quote Originally Posted by svenjerring2 View Post
    Thanks guys for all your help!
    Still, one more problem though...
    As I mentioned in the beginning, my reason for venturing out here to get help was that my warlocks wouldn't research rooms.
    Well, I finally got the 1.5 version working, which hopefully would take care of this problem.
    However, when running the game I have to go to option and disable hardware acc. to avoid black dots/flickering during gameplay.
    This would be fine if you wanna play the main game, but you HAVE to do this every time you start the game.
    So when running maps from the Kasabian campaign, ergo directly starting the level from a command line in the shortcut, the hardware option cannot be changed :/

I've tried disabling everything I can in the Nvidia control panel for this particular program and used all the command lines I know in the shortcut settings but still no luck.
    Any ideas?
    I had the same problem, and from what I have gathered, there is simply no way to fix it. Only way would be if GIM had a function that kept hardware acc. off. If I recall correctly, problem with it is something to do with GIM being based off a disk copy of the game I believe, not the GOG version, since the GOG version is different, they actually tweaked the game to make it more functional.

It will work fine for everything else but sadly it is a no go with command line levels. Did you try installing a 1.3 version? It should work fine and give you better results with the game due to it running better. There is the occasional crash so you want to make sure to save often. I will try finding the link again.

Here it is http://www.mediafire.com/download/67...3xmz2/DKII+1.3 Thank Skarok for it

Beetle

Quote Originally Posted by svenjerring2 View Post
    That's too bad :/
    I did download a supposed 1.3 version from a torrent link somewhere here on the forum, but it had me quite confused.
    The autorun.exe was in Russian and for some reason the game menu said 1.7, and if I remember correctly when I added the Kasabian campaign maps to it, the game wouldn't start at all.

Thank you (and Skarok) for the link! Just downloaded it and will give it a try now!

Edit: Woooho, It worked!
    The warlocks are now researching the rooms and all the imps are happy
    Thank you for all your help!
    All of ya!
    It is good to see you were successful. Now it is time to kill some Heroes!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Skarok

The Campaign has been updated to version 1.3.5 and now features a brand new map, "The Aftermath - Mission 1 Devil in the Details"!

Download it here!

Some smaller updates have been made as well, but nothing really noteworthy. I'll probably finish a bigger patch at the end of this month which will, most importantly, fix bugs and include an updated lighting system I created for the 'Abbadon Expansion Pack'. Depending on how things go I might add the 2nd Aftermath map as well at that point.

Also, some updates about the second Episode; I have no plans to start working on one yet, as I'm not really working much with DKII at all at this point, and when I do I mostly work on the Expansion Pack or try to improve the already existing maps of the Kasabian campaign. So the soonest I'll probably start working on it would be at the end of this year if anyone is still interested.
    There is absoluetly nothing wrong with DK Mobile, whatsoever.

Gamer IDs

Another update with a change of plans:

I will not be releasing the second 'Aftermath' map this month; instead I will be focusing on patching the existing levels and working on the balancing of a few levels, including 'Ruled by Secrecy', 'Unsustainable' and 'Stockholm Syndrome'.

What I will be adding are more alternative variants of the existing levels with partly vastly different gameplay. Planned for this release are 'Supremacy Revisited' which will be a bigger and more challenging version of 'Supremacy' for those who have already beaten the campaign; an alternative version of 'Butterflies and Hurricanes'; 'Citizen Erased G'; and maybe a slightly different version for both 'Madness' and 'Prelude'.

If everything goes as planned, I will have the update out on the 10th of April. (Yes, some heavy delays compared to the initially planned release)
    Last edited by Skarok; March 27th, 2014 at 20:36.

Hi Skarok. I just played through the 1st map (Supremacy) and it was absolutely great, very good job. I played it using the GIM v0.95 running DK2 v1.51 and everything was fine.

That first map is really good I can't wait to try the rest.

Hi Skarok,
    I just played the first map using the GOG.com release.

Great job!

I have created a launcher so one would not have to mess around in the command line.
    Place it to the same place as DKII-DX.exe is.
    If you're using a different binary, just do a case-sensitive search and replace all for DKII-DX.exe in the command script.
    You might want to include it in the next update.

Thanks again!

Done the second and the third maps.
    The endgame in the third map was a killer. I did not expect that...
    Great job!

Edit
    I'm on map 7. Follow me. It never ends.
    I banished all keepers, dug every square, but the mission does not end.
    Any clues?
    Thanks!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Csimbi; April 26th, 2014 at 19:32.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Csimbi View Post
    Hi Skarok,
    I just played the first map using the GOG.com release.

Great job!
    Glad to hear you like it! However, I'm not so sure how the Campaign will work with the GOG version, seeing as it is designed specifically for 1.3. It shouldn't cause any major problems I reckon, aside from the AI being a lot weaker due to the 1.7 bug of it not droping its creatures, but if you should run into any problems or want to play it with the proper AI, you can get version 1.3 here.
    I have created a launcher so one would not have to mess around in the command line.
    Place it to the same place as DKII-DX.exe is.
    If you're using a different binary, just do a case-sensitive search and replace all for DKII-DX.exe in the command script.
    You might want to include it in the next update.
    Wow, that's awesome, thanks! I really appreciate it, I had no idea how to even do something like this.^^ I'll be sure to include it within the next update and I'll add your name to the list of contributors.
    Done the second and the third maps.
    The endgame in the third map was a killer. I did not expect that...
    Great job!
    Yeah, it was designed to be somewhat of a surprise. I hope it wasn't too bad, though?
    Edit
    I'm on map 7. Follow me. It never ends.
    I banished all keepers, dug every square, but the mission does not end.
    Any clues?
    Follow Me? You should win after defeating Nexus and killing all the Heroes on the map. Did you leave any of them alive or do you still have some of them in your prisons?

Also, on an unrelated side-note; The reason why I still haven't finished the latest update was that by every single change I make to a map, the AI drastically changes its behavior, even when the updates don't even affect it at all. Since I didn't have much time on my hands and the AI basically forces me to spend quite some time on each map to make them work again as intended, the progress I made has been pretty slow going. I'm not making any promises, but I think I should be able to get a grip on the AI in the later levels of the campaign much easier, so I might be able to release the update at some point during the next month. I'll make a new post once I'm sure I can confidently set a deadline.

I might be able to release the new versions of Supremacy and B&H a bit earlier as a demo version, as I have those maps already finished. Either way, those are assured to be in the next big update, as is Citizen Erased G. The second Aftermath map might take a bit longer, but I'll try to squeeze it in too, if I manage to get it polished in time.

More feedback would be very much appreciated as well! The more feedback I get, the more I can improve the maps per update. And due to the AI I'll have more time to more make bigger changes for the next few updates.

edit: Which will take quite some time, as I am mainly working on the Seats of Power Expansion Pack right now.
    Last edited by Skarok; July 26th, 2014 at 20:09.

Hey!

First of thanks for this great piece of work!

I have a little problem though, or I might just be too bad at playing DK2 (I have only played the original campaign on 1.7 before, so that might be a point :P):
    I can't seem to be able to beat the very first level. The other keeper attacks me way too early (especially when I am the one to encounter him with my imps - he attacks with his full strength straight away) with an army that's twice as big and strong as my creatures are (so basically solely his goblin army matches my entire number of creatures, and they're all level 5 compared to my level 1-3 guys...) - I am barely able to dig out my realm and set up a few traps. How am I supposed to win this? Any hints?

Weirdly I had more time in my first try. I was the one to dig into his lair and even then he refused to attack, although I was unable to beat his army at this point. Poor decisions (fighting in range of his turrets with a weaker army, barely any traps, too many entrances...) on my side made me lose that game though when he finally decided to go for my heart.

Sadly I am not able to play with the 1.3 version you have linked in your last post. It crashes right when the loading screen appears on both my systems (Windows 7 64 and 32 Bit). I am using the 1.7 version with the GIM.
    Last edited by Pendanyk; September 7th, 2014 at 21:31.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendanyk View Post
    Hey!

First of thanks for this great piece of work!

I have a little problem though, or I might just be too bad at playing DK2 (I have only played the original campaign on 1.7 before, so that might be a point :P):
    I can't seem to be able to beat the very first level. The other keeper attacks me way too early (especially when I am the one to encounter him with my imps - he attacks with his full strength straight away) with an army that's twice as big and strong as my creatures are (so basically solely his goblin army matches my entire number of creatures, and they're all level 5 compared to my level 1-3 guys...) - I am barely able to dig out my realm and set up a few traps. How am I supposed to win this? Any hints?

Weirdly I had more time in my first try. I was the one to dig into his lair and even then he refused to attack, although I was unable to beat his army at this point. Poor decisions (fighting in range of his turrets with a weaker army, barely any traps, too many entrances...) on my side made me lose that game though when he finally decided to go for my heart.

Sadly I am not able to play with the 1.3 version you have linked in your last post. It crashes right when the loading screen appears on both my systems (Windows 7 64 and 32 Bit). I am using the 1.7 version with the GIM.
    Hey, i have kinda the same problem, i did also play the normal campaign and some skirmish matches only and did never experience such a difficulty. Would be cool to maybe have some videos or a let's play of kassabian-campaign, showing some average strategies of how to defeat harder enemys and improve my own skill.

Greetings, Deadworker.

Gamer IDs

Supremacy can be a bit tricky if you face the enemy Keeper under unfavorable circumstances. He can get six creatures more than you and can make Skeletons out of yours. On top of that he is also very good ad handling his creatures and won't easily let them be killed. The trick in beating him is to face his army in your own dungeon where you can support your troops with traps, or in a bottleneck position, where his numerical superiority doesn't matter so much. Try to get as many Bile Demons and Trolls as possible to tank his army and get Dark Elves for the killing blows. Once you cut down a good chunk of his army you can attack him head-on.

One more thing that can be helpful is if you only open your dungeon up in one place and try to defend yourself from there. On the other hand if you have more entrances, you might also be able to get him to invade from multiple angles at once, thus limiting the amount of creatures you have to fight at once.

if 1.3 doesn't work, then 1.7 with GIM is the best alternative. It should play mostly the same, a few minor differences aside.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadworker View Post
    Hey, i have kinda the same problem, i did also play the normal campaign and some skirmish matches only and did never experience such a difficulty. Would be cool to maybe have some videos or a let's play of kassabian-campaign, showing some average strategies of how to defeat harder enemys and improve my own skill.
    I actually wanted to do a written walkthrough at some point, detailing some strategies on how to beat each level, but unfortunately I never really got around to do that. Not sure whether I'll do an entire Video Walkthrough, but luckily, I did already record some gameplay from the campaign, which is why I took the freedom to upload it while I'm at it.

This is from "Supremacy" and should give all of you who struggle on this level some ideas on how to approach the enemy Keeper.