Thread: KeeperFX bug? Enemy using lightning spell in MY TERRAIN at the start of the level

Ghost

Default KeeperFX bug? Warlocks attack my imps, and sometimes another warlocks

EDIT: THE POST TITLE IS WRONG. I CANT CHANGE IT... It is not the enemy, it is my own warlocks.

I was playing Berbata (level 4 from Deeper Dungeons) with KeeperFX 0.42 and r753 nigthly build applied and I saw a strange behaviour. My own warlocks are killing me creatures on the library near the start of the level - imps and warlocks.

This is my savegame:
    https://mega.co.nz/#!nc8l3QZL!GRBaZj...dGUmrtETBHvFuQ

If you load it you will hear the warlock attacking sound (the fire ball), sometimes he completely kills an imp, if not, loads again to see it. Also they attack another warlocks. Load the game and spend some seconds watching the library.

EDIT2: ALL THE IMPS YOU LEAVE IN THE LIBRARY, MY WARLOCKS ARE WILLING THEM. WHY?
    Last edited by jomalin; June 28th, 2013 at 10:14.

Default Re: KeeperFX bug? Warlocks attack my imps, and sometimes another warlocks

Quote Originally Posted by jomalin View Post
    My own warlocks are killing me creatures on the library near the start of the level - imps and warlocks.

This is normal behavior.

Creatures with primary job of RESEARCH don't like to be disturbed in library - they will attack passing creatures, and working ones if their primary job is different.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Default Re: KeeperFX bug? Warlocks attack my imps, and sometimes another warlocks

Yup, that's called "Stress job". In other words: build your library where your imps and other non-researchers don't travel often.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Default Warlocks attack my imps, job stress

Digging up, as I think a change is needed here.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    Yup, that's called "Stress job"
    So the problem is that two things in DK are called "job stress":
    - one if when creature does "Stressful job" and gets angry because of that,
    - second is attacking creatures who have different primary job

I think one of these should get a different name. It is confusing as it is now.
    What name do you think should be given to the situation where creature with certain primary job attacks co-workers with different primary job, and gets angry in the process?

Maybe "Incompetent co-worker stress" or "disturbing worker anger"? Any other ideas?

Default Re: Warlocks attack my imps, job stress

I've only ever seen warlocks exhibit this and most of the time it's fireballing imps as they walk through or when they're reinforcing walls. I keep libraries in a separate corner of the dungeon now because of those grumpy 'locks.

Can't think of any short terms for it. Superiority stress.. They're all too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Woudo View Post
    I've only ever seen warlocks exhibit this and most of the time it's fireballing imps as they walk through or when they're reinforcing walls. I keep libraries in a separate corner of the dungeon now because of those grumpy 'locks.

Can't think of any short terms for it. Superiority stress.. They're all too long.
    It's not only that, warlocks will also chase out creatures you've put in the library manually. If you have a level 10 mistress for example from a previous level it would pay to have her assist with the research. However, she will get chased out by level 2 or above warlocks if they are also in the library.

And what about 'Going postal'?

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    And what about 'Going postal'?
    Pros:
    It's short and means exactly what we want.
    Cons:
    I didn't knew the phrase before, and probably many non-native speakers won't understand it.

I will think about it a bit more.

I think there is no proper term in English for this, hence the slang term. In my native language I can think of words that properly describe this, but as this is English I think it's either 'GoingPostal' or using a small sentence to describe it, which won't really cover it. 'WorkplaceInteruptionStress' or 'AngeredByUnskilledCoworkers'

Ok, I like that name, and there are no other propositions - will use it in the game.