Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New map

Spider

Default Re: New map

I've put the level into the main 'levels' folder i.e. not in the campaigns folder. I then edited ddisk1.lif to add this file to the end of the deeper dungeons list. It doesn't appear in free-play levels when I load DK1. Any pointers to what I'm doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by dayokay View Post
    I've put the level into the main 'levels' folder i.e. not in the campaigns folder. I then edited ddisk1.lif to add this file to the end of the deeper dungeons list. It doesn't appear in free-play levels when I load DK1. Any pointers to what I'm doing wrong?
    1. Start the original campaign, enter first level, then exit and check the list again. Such levels can be only played when original campaign is active, and somehow my code seem not to change the campaign automatically.
    2. You shouldn't need to change ddisk1.lif, as this level has its own .lif file.

Spider

OK that's sorted me out. All working. Thanks Mefisto.

I have started the level. Enjoying it a lot. Liked the start with the Knight, and had to try a few times with a re-load, as my Knight FPS skills were found wanting! I see yellow tiles with no yellow keeper, but assume that's intentional? Strangely, one of those tiles I cannot claim, as my imps refuse to do it. I also have some strange dragon behaviour at times - they seem to be lost / frozen, but they eventually move, or I move them. I haven't encountered blue or green yet - I am just about to I think, so only a partial review. Will post more as I make progress (I have to do some work now!).

Incidentally, the logfile is spammed with messages about the Flies being unable to move (player 2 if I recall correctly). Just for information.

Nice work!

Dayo

Warlock

Yeah, the Yellow Keeper bit was intentional so that you'd have to go the other way to break out of the hero base.

The idea was that you would have to take over the 6-blocks of gems, then you'd have the Blues and Greens come knocking (For some reason refuse to train when a scavenger room is nearby)

Warlock

I'm going to finish this level soon, but I want to find a way for the Blues and Greens to be completely neutral (i.e. they won't break out) until the Hero bastion is attacked.

Next update will have a stronger hero presence.

Warlock

New revision up: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/51qrec76v7ub5jb/Osgfi8sQq-

ETA: Main points:

- Stronger hero presence (i.e. hero drops occur on some islands after you capture the)
    - Flies have been removed
    - Rival Keepers are encased, and won't attack until you move on the main hero base.
    - Hero drop next to your base
    Last edited by Hades; July 24th, 2013 at 21:37.

Warlock

bump?

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Script errors:

- Put REM in front of commenting lines. It's been 2-3 times I told you that, why don't you do it?
    - QUICK_INFORMATION doesn't have a third parameter. You first specify the number, then the message. By adding the player at the end, you make QUICK_INFORMATION commands not showing in-game.
    - You forgot ENDIF when we claim the Guard post.
    - SET_FLAG commands are wrong once again. It must be: SET_FLAG(PLAYERX,FLAGY,Z) where X, Y and Z are numbers.
    - In fact, concerning flags, some flags are totally useless. And it is also useless to set a flag to 0 since it has this value at the beginning of the map.
    - You have too much ENDIFs in your script. Way too much.
    - A lot of NEXT_COMMAND_REUSABLE commands are missing.
    - One of your timers, TIMER0 of PLAYER0, isn't even triggered at all.
    - Capital letter at the beginning of a sentence.
    - ) missing at the end of a command.
    - IF_AVAILABLE command is wrong. Must be IF_AVAILABLE(PLAYER0,POWER_IMP == 0)
    Code:
    IF(PLAYER0,TOTAL_CREATURES < 2)
        IF(PLAYER0,KNIGHT == 0)
            LOSE_GAME
        ENDIF
    ENDIF
    - Here, if we have a creature and it is not a knight, we lose?
    - It is required to get 2 guard posts in order to make it available to build. Is it intended? (Same goes for Workshop and Scavenger room, but it's less important)

About your map:
    - It is impossible to claim the yellow path. Why?
    - Action point 1 is a bit misplaced. Is it intended?
    Last edited by DragonsLover; August 26th, 2013 at 09:59.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Warlock

I intended the Yellow path to be "allied" to PLAYER0, like Duke Ragereaver did with Frostsorrow Glacier.

The was always intended to be kept alive throughout the level.

As for Action Point 1, it's supposed to trigger the Avatar's arrival.

I thought I had largely fixed the coding in the level.

Anyways, here's the new version: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/51qrec76v7ub5jb/Osgfi8sQq-