Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: v1.8 - Is it worth my time?

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: v1.8 - Is it worth my time?

Quote Originally Posted by Bj007pro View Post
    You've just swapped the whole conversation around, said 1.73 gives me lag and 1.7 is fine while playing 1.8 online. Not visa-versa.
    No we didn't? Also you didn't actually say that 1.7 is fine if playing against 1.8, or that 1.7 is fine if you use the 1.8 patch. I'm not sure which of these two statements you're trying to say here, but either way, you didn't say either of them previously.

I've several times played multiplayer with other people that have 1.8, 1.73 & 1.7
    unfortunately 1.73 gives me lags while playing but still great with the other versions above!!
    And even if you did say it previously, the statement is incorrect. You can't really play a game between two different versions of the game to my knowledge. And if you meant that 1.7 works with the 1.8 patch, that statement would also be incorrect. Since you're applying the 1.8 patch, it's no longer the 1.7 version but 1.8 version. Ergo, it isn't the 1.7 version of the game that is working but 1.8 instead.

What I'm curious about is how you managed to get a game on game ranger with 1.8. As far as I know, there isn't really anybody on there who plays 1.8. Most people I know of seem to use the Silver Edition, which is 1.73.

You find it's really necessary to post that?
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    No we didn't? Also you didn't actually say that 1.7 is fine if playing against 1.8, or that 1.7 is fine if you use the 1.8 patch. I'm not sure which of these two statements you're trying to say here, but either way, you didn't say either of them previously.
    Yeah I did, but anyway what's the point of still talking about this when you're not believing me....

And even if you did say it previously, the statement is incorrect. You can't really play a game between two different versions of the game to my knowledge. And if you meant that 1.7 works with the 1.8 patch, that statement would also be incorrect. Since you're applying the 1.8 patch, it's no longer the 1.7 version but 1.8 version. Ergo, it isn't the 1.7 version of the game that is working but 1.8 instead.

What I'm curious about is how you managed to get a game on GameRanger with 1.8. As far as I know, there isn't really anybody on there who plays 1.8. Most people I know of seem to use the Silver Edition, which is 1.73.
    While I wouldn't of said it if it was a false statement, would I???

You find it's really necessary to post that?

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Yeah I did, but anyway what's the point of still talking about this when you're not believing me....
    Where then did you state this then? Give me a direct quote. Perhaps I missed the comment, or perhaps you believed you mentioned it before but you didn't communicate it properly, which is why the message wasn't received. Judging by the way you write and communicate in general, the latter is actually quite possible.

While I wouldn't of said it if it was a false statement, would I???
    You are quoting three points at once and your response fits perfectly with two out of three of those points, with the last point being an almost perfect fit, so how do you expect me to know what exactly you are trying to reply to? The problem with it being an "all of the above" response is that it's actually a very vague response for some of the points.

Also yes you can easily make a statement which is false, simply because you do not realize it is false and believe it to be true.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Where then did you state this then? Give me a direct quote. Perhaps I missed the comment, or perhaps you believed you mentioned it before but you didn't communicate it properly, which is why the message wasn't received. Judging by the way you write and communicate in general, the latter is actually quite possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bj007pro
    I've several times played multiplayer with other people that have 1.8, 1.73 & 1.7
    unfortunately 1.73 gives me lags while playing but still great with the other versions above!!

You are quoting three points at once and your response fits perfectly with two out of three of those points, with the last point being an almost perfect fit, so how do you expect me to know what exactly you are trying to reply to? The problem with it being an "all of the above" response is that it's actually a very vague response for some of the points.

Also yes you can easily make a statement which is false, simply because you do not realize it is false and believe it to be true.
    I think before I type, so... Yeah!!