Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: v1.8 - Is it worth my time?

Default v1.8 - Is it worth my time?

Hello,

I've had a quick look around and I don't think anyone has asked this before. What does everyone think of the unofficial v1.8 patch (link below)?

http://games.softpedia.com/get/Patch...al-Patch.shtml

Thanks!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Skarok

Default Re: v1.8 - Is it worth my time?

Not really, as it is based on the shitty 1.7 version of the game. Anything above 1.51 has a broken Multiplayer (aside from 1.73), errors in the campaign levels and a completely broken Keeper AI. Get version 1.3 or 1.51 instead, they'll be much better in pretty much any possible way. These versions are missing the Elites which are OP anyways, and that nonsense Jack-in-the-Box trap though. But I'd trade those things in for an actually stable and good working game any day.
    There is absoluetly nothing wrong with DK Mobile, whatsoever.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Skarok View Post
    Not really, as it is based on the shitty 1.7 version of the game. Anything above 1.51 has a broken Multiplayer (aside from 1.73), errors in the campaign levels and a completely broken Keeper AI. Get version 1.3 or 1.51 instead, they'll be much better in pretty much any possible way. These versions are missing the Elites which are OP anyways, and that nonsense Jack-in-the-Box trap though. But I'd trade those things in for an actually stable and good working game any day.
    Don't forget the total waste of potential that was the Maiden of the Nest and her literally broken Poison spell.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

I've several times played multiplayer with other people that have 1.8, 1.73 & 1.7
    unfortunately 1.73 gives me lags while playing but still great with the other versions above!!

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bj007pro View Post
    I've several times played multiplayer with other people that have... 1.7
    Impossible. 1.7 Multiplayer is literally broken and unplayable. You get the 0 Players glitch every time, where basically after someone joins the game the max players will flash red and say 0 Players, not allowing you to enter the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bj007pro View Post
    unfortunately 1.73 gives me lags while playing but still great with the other versions above!!
    Perhaps another reason not to use 1.73? I find 1.73 to be very crashy and unstable. I'd stick with earlier releases. It allows for a much more stable game, and you're not really missing much as far as new features go with later releases.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Impossible. 1.7 Multiplayer is literally broken and unplayable. You get the 0 Players glitch every time, where basically after someone joins the game the max players will flash red and say 0 Players, not allowing you to enter the game.
    Sounds like someone hasn't heard GameRanger before.....

Gamer IDs

FYI, Rex has Gameranger and used it several times for DKII. You know that programs like these are the only way to play DKII online in general? The version your playing is irrelevant, you'd still need Gameranger or Hamachi for it to work

FYI, Rex has Gameranger and used it several times for DKII. You know that programs like these are the only way to play DKII online in general? The version your playing is irrelevant, you'd still need Gameranger or Hamachi for it to work
    I Said I have GameRanger

Gamer IDs

Yeah, as do we. Doesn't change the fact that 1.7's MP is broken. You'll get that glitch either way, unless you use the modified 1.73 which is pretty unstable.

Yeah, as do we. Doesn't change the fact that 1.7's MP is broken. You'll get that glitch either way, unless you use the modified 1.73 which is pretty unstable.
    You've just swapped the whole conversation around, said 1.73 gives me lag and 1.7 is fine while playing 1.8 online. Not visa-versa.