Thread: This is beyond a joke!

Warlock

Default This is beyond a joke!

Ok, I'm on the 7th level of Djzeear's 10-level campaign, and I can't fucking win! Within a couple of paydays, a wave of 3 level 9 swarm on my position every half payday. Naturally, since my creatures are shit at this stage, they get wiped out.

How the fuck am I supposed to win this?

ETA: I amended the level script to reduce the swarm strength to level 6, just so I can win this.
    Last edited by Hades; July 11th, 2013 at 17:23.

Default Re: This is beyond a joke!

O my...

Why, man, why? Imho, that's are was one of the funniest levels from this campaign. To be honest, 3 level 9 monks on each payday is a hard challenge for this level, but it very good practice experience for fast reaction unit management. Actually monks can be knocked out by warlocks and orcs only! Well, you are did it in any case. My congs.

Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by VoidWeaver View Post
    O my...

Why, man, why? Imho, that's are was one of the funniest levels from this campaign. To be honest, 3 level 9 monks on each payday is a hard challenge for this level, but it very good practice experience for fast reaction unit management. Actually monks can be knocked out by warlocks and orcs only! Well, you are did it in any case. My congs.
    Seriously? Three Level 9 monks will chew through any low-level bases, especially when they come in waves.

Absolutely. In this level you are must act is a VERY accurate and fast, but if you have time to training up creatures enough for the fist highlevel wave encounter, than you are practically win. I play in this level long time ago but that may help for you:

1. Iirc, few first monks waves is a lowlevel waves, so those madmans is not possesse all set of their devastating spells. And you have some time enough for prepare you creatures IF they are not fall in first encounters.
    2. Iirc again, monks pack is a passive wandering some time before they are begun arrive at your Heart, so you must attract they as early as you can for more time reserve before next payday. In other side you are not have enough time to restore you forces for the next battles.
    3. Most important in-battle things are:

a) monks are incredible devastating in close combat, so you must pay most attention on you orcs and immediatly castling they.
    b) monks are very quick falls by concentrated "Meteor shower", so as saying: Divide and Rule!
    c) monks are must be slowed down as long as it possible.

Sorry again for my poor speech, but i hope that is will be helpful for you.

Upd.
    Oh, i can mistake but in my memories are Spiders is available for you; if that's right then Spiders is a most helpful units in this level, so they are most precious for keep alive.
    Last edited by VoidWeaver; July 12th, 2013 at 00:49. Reason: Grammar.

Warlock

It's obious that Djzeear intended to have modified creature texts for this campaign (and Lord Vexer), judging by the level scripts, but I still managed fine for some reason.

Spider

This campaign does have custom creature config files. So does his 6 level campaign. I just had a quick look, and the HORNY cfg file is not the same for the 2 of them, so they aren't identical.

The 25 level campaign doesn't have specific creature configs. Should it have? Would it be better to copy one of the 6 or 10 level creature files, as an interim measure? Or was it written for default DK settings?

Quote Originally Posted by dayokay View Post
    The 25 level campaign doesn't have specific creature configs. Should it have? Would it be better to copy one of the 6 or 10 level creature files, as an interim measure? Or was it written for default DK settings?
    The 25-level campaign was released without modified creature.txt. I left that file in every campaign which had one, even though KeeperFX can't read this file. So you can check every campaign by just looking for that file in the folder where levels are.

Iirc, he 25 level campaign doesn't have any specific configs and that's um, the initial condition for it.

What about other creature.txt based Djzeear's campaigns (such as: 6\10 level campaign, Quest for the Hero, Lord Vexer), they are have very individual settings and copy some creature.txt from one to another one may a create serious troubles. I would not recommend did it.

by mefistotelis.
    Last edited by VoidWeaver; July 12th, 2013 at 20:53. Reason: Grammar.

Quote Originally Posted by Hades View Post
    How the fuck am I supposed to win this?
    By playing it with the intended creature.txt modification.

Spider

As has been stated, the creature modifications have been implemented into the 6lvl & 10lvl DzjeeAr campaigns (there are posts related to this from a long time ago). Does this re-create the campaigns as you intended them? Or were there other config changes needed too?

Worth pointing out that Hades states both "how the fuck am i supposed to win this" and "...I still managed fine...". Seems he worked it out,

Dayo