Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OverWorld Graveyard

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

Default OverWorld Graveyard

I been thinking about the Zombie suggestion, how nobody could of find a good way of getting a Zombie, well here is a random thought.

OverWorld Graveyard
    ---------------------
    Not buildable but is Claimable
    ---------------------

The OverWorld Graveyard is just like the Dungeon Graveyard but it will randomly spawn hostile Zombies.

Graveyards are found quite a long way from a Hero Village.

I haven't worked out the whole thing yet, I will; if people are interested in it.
    Last edited by Evi; January 5th, 2010 at 02:11.

Default Re: OverWorld Graveyard

Interesting idea, Claim it and you get a small force of zombies? I think it would add a new gameplay mechanic for goodlies.

They must defend it to keep the enemy from over powering them, more ideas like this would be great.

Such as an armory, where whichever team holds it, you get +5% dmg and armor

I like where the idea of claiming a room that will help you in a new way, especially zombies.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Let's see this idea developed a bit more. I don't think randomly will work well though. But don't we need to know the zombie abilities? And if there is a day/night time, will it only be at night and then they go away at day?
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Kromeh View Post
    Interesting idea, Claim it and you get a small force of zombies? I think it would add a new gameplay mechanic for goodlies.

They must defend it to keep the enemy from over powering them, more ideas like this would be great.

Such as an armory, where whichever team holds it, you get +5% dmg and armor

I like where the idea of claiming a room that will help you in a new way, especially zombies.
    He said non-claimable.

I don't like the increase damage/armor. Question is why?

Tesonu is napping!

Woopsie, Well my bad. I was thinking a non-sellable/destroyable plot of land that can be claimed and used, me bads. Well whats the point of randomly spawning zombies? goodlies will just spam tons of traps or units nearby lol

Here's my idea. Usually you find them inside a single mini hero castle with heroes guarding it. This is to make sure no zombies get out or a keeper doesn't claim them. You kill the heroes and capture this Zombie Graveyard. Then you get zombies.

For every body you bring, there is a 40% chance it will turn to a zombie. Imps bring the bodies here as priority, but you can lock the door to it/press GUI button to get the bodies to your other graveyard.

If a graveyard is neutral, then a zombie will spawn at a 40% chance for every dead body that decays on neutral land unless it is another zombie/undead creature. These are hostile and attack the nearest enemy (They wander to them, they don't just stand there)

Tesonu is napping!

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Here's my idea. Usually you find them inside a single mini hero castle with heroes guarding it. This is to make sure no zombies get out or a keeper doesn't claim them. You kill the heroes and capture this Zombie Graveyard. Then you get zombies.

For every body you bring, there is a 40% chance it will turn to a zombie. Imps bring the bodies here as priority, but you can lock the door to it/press GUI button to get the bodies to your other graveyard.

If a graveyard is neutral, then a zombie will spawn at a 40% chance for every dead body that decays on neutral land unless it is another zombie/undead creature. These are hostile and attack the nearest enemy (They wander to them, they don't just stand there)
    Bingo! Better than what I could of putted it.

Lets have a little AI to that...

If no enemies are near, the zombie stumbles untill it finds on (in neutral mode)

Kind of like Left 4 Dead zombies, they stand around, lay down, vomit, shamble around. Once an enemy is in detection range, it has a random chance of noticing it every gametick (4 per second on DK 2 maps) The closer it is, the higher the chance.

The way i see Zombies are essentially slower moving Skeletons who can create more zombies by attacking living humans or enemies in general.

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Well, right now we speaking of the room itself, not the Zombies themselves.

After we make this room as good as it can get, we'll start talking of the Zombies in their own thread.