Thread: EA and Mythic Studios will port Dungeon Keeper to iPad, iPhone and Android devices

Question EA and Mythic Studios will port Dungeon Keeper to iPad, iPhone and Android devices

...and it will be a free-to-play game (with its in-app purchases, of course).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ededb8c94acbbf18bc343283f86b8e8d.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	1166

Sources:
    News on Android Police - Blog post on ea.com - Official site and Twitter.

Thanks to K100 on D-K.net forum for this info.
    Last edited by Yohabro; August 21st, 2013 at 18:59. Reason: Added links, picture. Text reformatted.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: EA and Mythic Studios will port Dungeon Keeper to iPad, iPhone and Android device

I dunno how but they somehow got the DK icon messed up. It's a Horned Reaper, not a Skeleton. There's also the lack of an appropriate slogan. I don't know how you can forget these things for a game/franchise that you own.

Why does everything have to look so god damn retarded as well? It's like they went the DK2 route and took things a step further in ruining the original atmosphere.

Why do I even care? I'm honestly not that surprised at this point.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Default Re: EA and Mythic Studios will port Dungeon Keeper to iPad, iPhone and Android device

Nomenclature fix: it's not a port. If it was a port it might have actually been pretty interesting.

This, though...by Iove, that art style just looks bad. Way too colorful and bright for the setting and series. It just looks ridiculous.

The Awakening

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

If it was an actual port, as Moth said, it would be pretty interesting.

I don't think this even counts as a remake, I'm calling it a spinoff.
    Which is sad, since I think a remade version of DK1 could be pretty neat, but nope... Super goofy bile demons, reptile imps with candles on their heads, Mr.Chin Reaper and that... Is that a troll?

*Grumble*

Unhappy Re: EA and Mythic Studios will port Dungeon Keeper to iPad, iPhone and Android device

Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    Nomenclature fix: it's not a port.
    Err... yes And it's worse: it's a reboot. I guess we have to fear the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Yohabro View Post
    Err... yes And it's worse: it's a reboot. I guess we have to fear the worst.
    No, it's not a port. A port is taking an original game and adapting it to different hardware. This isn't an adaptation, it's an entirely new game, so it's not a port.

Call it a reboot, a spinoff, or a pile of dung for all I care, but it's not a port.
    Last edited by Mothrayas; August 22nd, 2013 at 17:53.

The Awakening

Default Devastating news from the Overworld [Dungeon Keeper for IOS and Android]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=N9g_WcgLH6o

EA should burn in the depths of hell, this is how they bring Dungeon Keeper back?!!?

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Devastating news from the Overworld [Dungeon Keeper for IOS and Android]

Quote Originally Posted by ReaperZ View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=N9g_WcgLH6o

EA should burn in the depths of hell, this is how they bring Dungeon Keeper back?!!?
    There is already a thread on this and I've merged your post with the current thread. Be more wary of this. Also, this isn't a fanmade game and wouldn't go in the Other Fanmade Games forum regardless.

Onto the actual subject, I find the ability to just move everything around after placement to be so lame. Having to carefully plan your dungeon is half the fun, and now that element is gone. I suppose they're just trying to cater to casual gamers but whatever. There's not much else to say on the matter that wouldn't be closer to the lines of speculation. Well, there is one thing. The designs still suck.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!