Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Post New Maps here

Default Post New Maps here

Ok, so, I know most of you know this, but just to refresh your memory, here's how you upload your maps.

Go to a site we all know: Box.net
    Use the Email: [email protected]
    Use the pass: keeperklan

Click DK2 Maps, then upload.

Make sure your map is compressed into a .zip or .rar file, and don't forget all the files, including the thumbnail.

Then you just look for your map in the compressed file and upload that. Then click the blue arrow next to the name, and click link to the file. copy and paste the link, and post it here, then everyone can see your map.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

Default Re: Post New Maps here

Hmm maybe something a bit "easier" could be done for this, whats the filesize of an average map?

About 85 kb if you add a readme and a thumbnail. 66kb for just the map alone

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

could probably just post the maps as forum attachments

you dont need to use jonny´s box account. you can create your own one and post the links.

Quote Originally Posted by Ðârk Âñgêl View Post
    you dont need to use jonny´s box account. you can create your own one and post the links.
    yeah, but why make your own when one is already up.

i created my own because i have a better overview then, and can better control uploaded stuff. and i dont need to learn jonnys email by heart

copied from old forum.
    here is a little collection of my maps

biggy:
    http://www.box.net/shared/pdbqleacvd

my first playable map was big war, in the single version you have to fight loads of heroes, but i overdone and placed too many heroes and parties, so the map was buggy. later i fixed it and made a 2player map out of it, 2 players in alliance fight all the heroes, it got the name biggy.
    actually you would need hours to finish that map, because its rly big and has very many heroes (if you play without possession).

downfall:
    http://www.box.net/shared/jez5asxqyt

its a 1v1 map, its big and needs much time. the map is divided by unbreakable walls in 2 parts, 1 part for each player. in the middle is a big base with heroes, and you can only get to the other part of the map (to the other player) if you come through this base (there you will find some specials). so its like, if you want to win, go through it and attack, if not, just wait until the other player goes through the base and you dont need to worry you will be rushed in some mins, you can take much time for training of whatever you want. both players can also go together through the base and meet in the middle.

massmurder:
    http://www.box.net/shared/c2i8jkvlrk

some already know this map. its a 3v1 map, the yellow player is alone and allied to heroes. the yellow player has many advantages like mana vaults, portals, lvl increase objects etc. the other 3 players are sometimes attacked by heroes. their aim is to kill yellow, but first they have to go through the huge base of heroes.
    this map might be fun if it wouldnt crash so often on multiplayer -.-
    but i guess its unstable because of the many creatures and stuff.

2vs3 map:
    http://www.box.net/shared/1h7ocnz3ab

wanted to see if a 5 player map would work on multiplayer and had the idea to make a 2v3 map. unfortunately it didnt work for us to play this map on multiplayer, only 4 could join. but you can play it on skirmish, if you are bored, there are some heroes to kill on the map.

two hearts:
    http://www.box.net/shared/oh7foesc8p

2player map. red and blue are allied, they are in one dungeon surrounded by unbreakable rock, there are only some entries to the dungeon. the 2 keepers are attacked by hero waves, wave by wave heroes get stronger and more. the 2 keepers have to hold their dungeon and to help each other.

onslaught remix: (4 players)
    http://www.box.net/shared/bantx7n67z

someone had the idea to make onslaught map for 4 players, so i did.

there was 1 more map i made, but i lost it because of reformating comp icon_sad.gif its was just called 1v1v1 by DA.
    i also remaked the capitol 1v1 and 2v1 maps we wanted to use in war for the overworld (tournament), but no idea where they are.

here are my maps, in here your find:
    http://www.box.net/shared/4guaenikle

Improved maps: I had an idea to redo the offical maps, but with more nuetral creatures, traps, good, and each keeper with built dungeons and a gem block. Might not be good mutiplayer maps, but they can get prety interesting.

Dk2players campaign: My first campagn I made. 6 levels. (in order to make all of them skirmish, I had to add a secound player, but ignore him.)

Battle of the 4 keepers: a 4 player map with little gold, and 1 gem block. Everyone claims their dungeon infront of them, and the contecting bridge. get to the middle, and you get the gem. This can cause major imp battles, so always be on your guard.

Defence: My 100th map. This is simple. Use the traps laid out for you to prevent your enemy to gain ground.

Kindom of the wizards: You are tring to control all kingdoms. This is the first. The wizards have devised a devious plan to kill you using your own friends against you. Build your dungeon, collect your heros, and burn the wizards to the under-ground.

Kindom of the Giants: The secound kindom. A nemisis as combined forces with the good to help with his ruling, for some gold. Now you much have a choice, Kill the keeper, or travers through the lava to the kingdom, and earn your new minions for future battles. Which ever you choose, deadly conquences will emerge. > : )

More to come, trust me.
    Last edited by dk2player; September 4th, 2009 at 02:33.

Why not have a Sub-Section to this Mapmaking area and call it 'Map Releases'.

It allows people to create their own thread for a map or several maps.

Then we have a user-created Index thread which links people to each thread as a URL'd title listing.

When there are 10-20 map releases, they can be put into a map pack of which can make use of this box thing. (I'll supply a second download via ModDB)

The Map Pack download links can be posted underneath the listings etc.

If you supply the area, I'll supply the continually updated, easy to read and usefully formatted Index thread.