Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: General Improvement Mod - A New Unofficial Patch for DK2

Default Re: General Improvement Mod - A New Unofficial Patch for DK2

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    What changes did you do in the editor to have that kind of effect with the lighting?
    I did notice the training room in particular is bright even when the walls were not reinforced (When the imps put the light torchers on it)

As short notice, the unlimited zoom bytes for the DKII version 1.51 used in GIM were identified (pretty easily)
    http://keeperklan.com/threads/1051-U...ll=1#post46762

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jerkakame Steam ID: JERKAKAME

Default Freeze lvl11b

Thanks to you I can finally play DK2 1.5 without crashing, but it did freeze on level11b, everytime at the same place . After some reasearching and reloading over 20 times, I saw the green imps claiming the dead pink keepers heart, so I watched them too see if it froze before they finished, and it did. So I killed the imps with one creature and lightning and let my army finish greens heart. And it didnt freeze , so I guess it was something with the green AI claiming the dead pink heart. And yea I did finish that map even with the 1.5 AI and in a 3 front war with 3 keepers at the same time.

Anyway, Im grateful for this patch mod and I recommend it to all my DK2 player friends.
    And I copied the Globals file and renamed it to "patch" all the other custom maps I have.

Impressive work! I have one question: Is it possible to play the Frosty's Maps (with attracting heroe's) with the 1.5 version or do these portals not work?

Is it normal that despite stat changes actually applying to the game (Prices, creature stats, etc.) after updating the mod, the removed maps still appear on my skirmish map select screen (The Tantanoid maps)?

Yeah, those still appear on the skirmish select screen. Should I just try reapplying the mod again?

EDIT: I fixed it, seems I had to just copy the map subfolder of the new mod and apply it on ALL my file copies of DK2 I keep just in case.
    Last edited by Zabii; March 7th, 2014 at 21:59.

Ah, you fixed the Mercenary Hero Portals, thanks ! One problem tho, every Hero except Knights (I believe) are stuck after getting attracted, they just chill somewhere under the Portal.

they do not have the "climb up" action like evil creatures have, and they cannot escape the portal. Mercenaries do not work with the normal portal.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Hapuga View Post
    they do not have the "climb up" action like evil creatures have, and they cannot escape the portal. Mercenaries do not work with the normal portal.
    I saw this problem before on past versions of the mod, that all heroes were getting stuck when they arrived through a normal portal, but I simply picked them up from the creature portraits and drop them somewhere out. The AI also seemed to do this and it all worked fine.

Also, I'm curious to know what is your idea with removing the warlocks' "ability" to generate mana while on the temple. Shouldn't they be like one of the only few that can do that (Seeing as they are some of the few who rely heavily on magic and can "somehow" be able to generate mana to you)?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jerkakame Steam ID: JERKAKAME

I have seen on some maps where the portal are bigger than normal, and creatures can walk up and down the edges, could that be a possible fix for the heroes getting stuck in portal? 4x4 portals. They attract as many creatures as a normal portal.