Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread: General Improvement Mod - A New Unofficial Patch for DK2

Default Re: General Improvement Mod - A New Unofficial Patch for DK2

Ok so I have the DK2 v1.7 GOG version and I installed GIM mod and now have the following issues: -in skirmish the map Siege ends as soon as starts (every room trap etc is missing)
    -in skirmish the AI is unable to build lair, hathery, treasury and libary (on every map they are set to not available and cannot be changed) though for me they are available. Some help?

Hello,

I have returned after a hiatus of about a couple years.

I want to create a stripped-down 'basic' version of this mod with at least the most controversial balance changes removed. People were rather evenly divided at the former time about the balance changes: some liked the changes, others hated them, and it created a lot of unnecessary forum drama which I didn't want to participate in. But I myself am not sure about most of the balance changes anymore, as it has been a long time since I have even played Dungeon Keeper 2, and the balance changes were quite extensive. I'm going to be reviewing them and probably going to release a stripped down version soon.

Maybe I will even break this mod into three parts:

1.) The raw base game with none or almost none balance changes.
    2.) A pack with 'essential' game balance fixes that almost anyone can agree on.
    3.) The current full version of GIM, as-is and unmodified.

------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by OrchanGamer View Post
    Ok so I have the DK2 v1.7 GOG version and I installed GIM mod and now have the following issues: -in skirmish the map Siege ends as soon as starts (every room trap etc is missing)
    -in skirmish the AI is unable to build lair, hathery, treasury and libary (on every map they are set to not available and cannot be changed) though for me they are available. Some help?
    Here is a late reply.

I remember having some sort of problems with the Siege Map. It's not really compatible with the mod and at any rate I think it's a broken/boring map. It's supposed to be removed from the modded version of the game, so if you're playing it that means you had to have copied it into your map folder deliberately. I don't support this map.

Unable to build Lair, Hatchery, Treasury and Library in maps is a common problem. If I remember correctly, it has to do with the game version. If you're using the 1.7 game version, try 1.5. If you're using 1.5, try 1.7. Then get back to me if you still have the problem. I think it's a 1.7 version stupid bug.
    Last edited by Wyrmcast; December 23rd, 2016 at 02:44.

That's great. There's a lot of interest in your MOD.

You could also check if the one currently uploaded here is actually the latest/best version you made or that I've uploaded an outdated version.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmcast View Post
    Hello,

I have returned after a hiatus of about a couple years.

I want to create a stripped-down 'basic' version of this mod with at least the most controversial balance changes removed. People were rather evenly divided at the former time about the balance changes: some liked the changes, others hated them, and it created a lot of unnecessary forum drama which I didn't want to participate in. But I myself am not sure about most of the balance changes anymore, as it has been a long time since I have even played Dungeon Keeper 2, and the balance changes were quite extensive. I'm going to be reviewing them and probably going to release a stripped down version soon.

Maybe I will even break this mod into three parts:

1.) The raw base game with none or almost none balance changes.
    2.) A pack with 'essential' game balance fixes that almost anyone can agree on.
    3.) The current full version of GIM, as-is and unmodified.

------------------------

Here is a late reply.

I remember having some sort of problems with the Siege Map. It's not really compatible with the mod and at any rate I think it's a broken/boring map. It's supposed to be removed from the modded version of the game, so if you're playing it that means you had to have copied it into your map folder deliberately. I don't support this map.

Unable to build Lair, Hatchery, Treasury and Library in maps is a common problem. If I remember correctly, it has to do with the game version. If you're using the 1.7 game version, try 1.5. If you're using 1.5, try 1.7. Then get back to me if you still have the problem. I think it's a 1.7 version stupid bug.
    Glad to hear. I appreciate your decision and am glad that you decided to revisit the mod.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Thanks guys. I wasn't sure this website was still this active.

I've been preoccupied the last week or so, so my reply is a bit late.

I already made an unofficial patch for DK2 official version 1.7 based on a stripped-down version of GIM. But I need to either reinstall the game to test it, or someone else will need to test it for me.

Quote Originally Posted by YourMaster View Post
    You could also check if the one currently uploaded here is actually the latest/best version you made or that I've uploaded an outdated version.
    Yes, you uploaded the latest version I released.

There actually was another later in-progress version that I never released, but I deleted it.

--------------

Edit

I re-attached some old GIM versions to the op.
    Last edited by Wyrmcast; December 30th, 2016 at 01:01.

When i play on GIM it crashes my sytem at random moment i even cant finish 1st lvl of campaign cuz pc start rebooting.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jerkakame Steam ID: JERKAKAME

Welcome back Wyrmcast, I missed following your work.

I was never bothered with any radical changes, Im only bothered by one thing: Removing stuff

I think all the official maps should be left in, and I would suggest having two versions of the maps with mercenary portals. A 1.5 version without the mercenary portal and a normal 1.7 version with your improvements.

Hey Wyrmcast!

I just want to say I don't play DK2 without your mod ever since this forum introduced me to it.

If there's one thing you can do for me, one thing at all, it's to lower the rate at which torture kills creatures.

Call me a powergamer, but I can't stand losing 90% of my heroes to torturing unless i'm loaded with heal spells and watching every second.

Especially my fairies. Gotta have an evil fairy squad wherever possible.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: impboy44 Steam ID: impboy44

Quote Originally Posted by damedog View Post
    Hey Wyrmcast!

I just want to say I don't play DK2 without your mod ever since this forum introduced me to it.

If there's one thing you can do for me, one thing at all, it's to lower the rate at which torture kills creatures.

Call me a powergamer, but I can't stand losing 90% of my heroes to torturing unless i'm loaded with heal spells and watching every second.

Especially my fairies. Gotta have an evil fairy squad wherever possible.
    If you want to keep the vanilla gameplay - DON'T copy the Data folder when installing the mod.

...but i like some of the gameplay changes :P