Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: General Improvement Mod - A New Unofficial Patch for DK2

Default Re: General Improvement Mod - A New Unofficial Patch for DK2

1.51 works in multiplayer.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Hey Wyrmcast, maybe you can add an option to scroll out more then the standard version does. That would be awesome.
    greetings

Quote Originally Posted by KnutM View Post
    Hey Wyrmcast, maybe you can add an option to scroll out more then the standard version does. That would be awesome.
    greetings
    The required bytes for version 1.3 and 1.7x are known, see here http://keeperklan.com/threads/1051-U...ll=1#post39956 and http://keeperklan.com/threads/1051-U...ll=1#post40006 (preferable solution).

For 1.51 they can be similar found.

@Wyrmcast: beside, do you contacted timeslip?

So I decided to give this mod a go. Color me surprised when it turned out I can't even get past level 1. When I kill the lord the gem drops but Horny never shows up to collect. I'm pretty sure some intense music is supposed to start playing when you breach his little room as well, but that's not happening either. It's like there's a trigger missing or something to make all of this happen, maybe a bad or missing call somewhere?

Using the latest GOG release and latest version of GIM. Followed the installation instructions to the letter (including skipping step 3).

Seems to be purely a map script problem. Kind of weird to encounter considering how blatant it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmcast View Post
    I have a question for you, when you defeat the Lord of the Land on level one does he seem to die instantly with a pool of blood coming out of him right after the goblins get his health down to zero or does the Lord just get incapacitated with one health petal remaining (like as a creature that can be taken to a prison)?
    IIRC he died instantly. However,

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmcast View Post
    And another question: Do you know what .exe file you're using to run the game? Are you using the one that came with the mod or one that came with the GOG version?
    This was the real problem. GOG's shortcut was still pointing to their own DKII-DX.exe file, rather than the standard DKII.exe file. Changed the shortcut and played the game with the right exe this time. Everything worked fine then. Though I did lose GOG's snazzy graphic patch, which is a shame. Game runs slightly slower and the 1024x768 screen is stretched across my 16:9 screen again now, but ah well.

I don't suppose you've found a way to integrate GOG's graphic patch into your mod's exe yet?

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pruvan View Post
    IIRC he died instantly. However,
    In the script, you win the game if the Lord is"Dying" (unconscious), rather than "Killed". In later versions of DKII, Lords and Kings were hard coded to always "Die Instantly", meaning they never fall unconscious and thus can never meet the "Dying" condition. The GIM doesn't do this, but as you state below that the GOG shortcut was pointing to their own .exe, there's the final answer.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

So I would assume that this means you'll have the Maiden and Elites and such functional, then? You'll just have to work backwards in a sense by trying to reverse some of the 1.7 features like Lords dying instantly. If you can do that then there probably is no more reason for me to not combine my patch with the GIM.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

The new GOG patched exe doesn't seem to be working properly. In the Graphics Options menu in DKII the Direct3D setting no longer points to GOG's HW acceleration patch, but to a "fake device". When starting a game (campaign/pet dungeon/skirmish) I'm getting severe unplayable lag again, as caused by Nvidia drivers.

Maybe the 4gb_patch changed a little too much indirectly. Seems the most likely cause I recon. I'm also not sure if you really need 4gb of RAM to play a game this old. Seems pointless IMO.

Also there's this weird little bug when I start the game. The cinematic for Bullfrog's logo doesn't start playing, and the game gets stuck until I try alt-tabbing out. Then the cinematic either plays or skips (depending on whether it detected my button press as a desire to skip the cinematic or not I assume), and the next cinematic plays normally (wizard with portal gems, etc...). Though none of this is game-breaking and is easily skipped past.

I checked and it looks like DragonsLover's file is slightly outdated. His patch.dll file is from June 2012, the latest one from GOG is from November 2012. This seems to be causing the problem.

I've uploaded the latest GOG files here:
    http://rapidshare.com/share/5FF6CA76...59D0AFB14D9BCB
    Just click "to Download" in the center of the screen and you'll be taken to a page where I've uploaded the file. Just select it there and then click "Download selection".

You can check out the difference for yourself. I recommend using the latest files obviously, as an Nvidia user GOG's patch is a must-have to be able to play.
    Last edited by Pruvan; December 16th, 2013 at 22:34.

Hello, I wanted to just say great job on this unofficial patch! I love it. (Big creatures, big prizes. I love it!)

I do however have a few questions of mine I want to ask
    I am running the GOG version of DK2 on Windows 7 64-bit with an Nivdia GTX 460 and my questions are:
    When I run the original DKII.exe file my main menu has very low fps when I use this patch (I use the GOG version of the game) and I wonder if that could be fixed?
    When I run the GOG.exe file (DKII-DX.exe), the version number says 1.7 instead of 1.5 with the original .exe you provide and I wonder if the AI is fixed with that .exe and in the graphics options it says my Direct3D device is a "Fake Device", should that be an issue? The game runs fine in the actual game

Thank you very much for your time and making this patch!