Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: General Improvement Mod - A New Unofficial Patch for DK2

Default Re: General Improvement Mod - A New Unofficial Patch for DK2

Whenever I launch DKII.exe, it enables the Hardware Acceleration again, even if starting the game with -software. As I have an ATI graphic card this makes impossible to run the game with custom resolutions.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmcast View Post
    I'm aware of this, it's a problem with either 1.51 or the non-GOG version of the game. You just have to decide if you'd rather use the DKII-DX.exe or the DKII.exe, like what kind of trade-offs you'd rather have.
    It's a problem with 1.51. I tried vanilla 1.51 the other day and it had that very same problem.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jerkakame Steam ID: JERKAKAME

If you want to play kasabian campaign without black screen: quicksave when you start the map, then restart the game and turn off hardware accel. Load game, and click Restart level if you want to see the intro cutscene.

I used to just replace level1 with each kasabian map first until I found out I could just quicksave and restart, weh.

Fly

I have downloaded the latest release recently and have noticed that there is a bug in it. If for example the enemy keepers built a magic door and I would gladly destroy it and get into his area, dungeon... my creatures don't want destroy it simply and in this time I lost many creatures.

I don't know if somebody else has also this problem. I'm using v.1.51.

Quote Originally Posted by Stone_Knight View Post
    I have downloaded the latest release recently and have noticed that there is a bug in it. If for example the enemy keepers built a magic door and I would gladly destroy it and get into his area, dungeon... my creatures don't want destroy it simply and in this time I lost many creatures.

I don't know if somebody else has also this problem. I'm using v.1.51.
    Yeah, the creatures just keep trying to run into the door, but never seem to actually want to destroy it. I did found however, that warlocks and dark elves attack the doors normally

Fly

Quote Originally Posted by Zabii View Post
    Yeah, the creatures just keep trying to run into the door, but never seem to actually want to destroy it. I did found however, that warlocks and dark elves attack the doors normally
    So I think this isn't a bug. The magic door has probably get a new function. I'm sorry that was then a wrong remark and thank you Wyramcast for this updates. Keep it up!

I installed the mod on my GOG version of the game but I've been having some problems. The 1.5 version of the game works fine but the 1.7 version AI doesnt seem to work correctly. I noticed that they never seemed to built treasuries, lairs, hatcheries, and libraries. I checked the game settings and for every skirmish map these four rooms are all set to no under availability. I can still build these rooms but for some reason the ai doesnt seem to be able to.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Jerkakame Steam ID: JERKAKAME

I know the AI is terrible in the 1.7 official version, by default. But I'm not sure what's the deal, with those rooms being disabled in 1.7.

I mean I've noticed this also, that in the 1.7 version, the AI cannot build the basic rooms like the lair, in skirmish. But I'm not sure why that is.

It would be helpful to me if someone could play the game, in unmodded 1.7. See if it does this in the regular 1.7 game, and then tell me. Maybe I can fix this.

I noticed that too, and when I modified swiss cheese and saved it with a different name and the bots built lair and hatcheries like normal in 1.7.

I didnt modify it much, just added a creature in my base.

Quote Originally Posted by Fun View Post
    I installed the mod on my GOG version of the game but I've been having some problems. The 1.5 version of the game works fine but the 1.7 version AI doesnt seem to work correctly. I noticed that they never seemed to built treasuries, lairs, hatcheries, and libraries. I checked the game settings and for every skirmish map these four rooms are all set to no under availability. I can still build these rooms but for some reason the ai doesnt seem to be able to.
    The thing regarding the rooms, that's in normal 1.7. I remember that one. I remember it being fairly inconsistent about when the bug would happen as it could happen to any Skirmish or maybe even Multiplayer map. I think ultimately it had something to do with different availability settings across multiple keepers, causing the game to bug out with certain maps. Either that or it was just a random bug, I only used 1.7 when I was younger so I don't quite remember.

Tesonu is napping!

Thanks for the information, I thought it had something to do with the 1.7 .exe, because the levels' data works just fine with 1.5.
    It might be with how the .exe files handle the level data. I know that in 1.3, the game always refers to Red Player for the default global settings of a S/M map, but doesn't check for things like Skeletons/Vampires in the Creature pool due to them not being available by default. I was thinking that perhaps 1.7 doesn't handle that properly and bugs out. If I'm not mistaken, there were a few instances where the game would lock availability settings with only Lair, Hatchery, Training Room, and Library being available or some other small combination of rooms and such. I believe those rooms are also the default available rooms whenever you start a new map in the DKII Editor.

Tesonu is napping!