Thread: I could use a helping hand

Imp

Question I could use a helping hand

I'm a bit rubbish at this sort of thing but I fiddled with the resolution got it running well at 1920x1090. However I find that in game the health indicators are too small, the mouse hand seems a bit off when trying to pick up or select minions, and when looking at the map in the main campaign has the little border image all crazy in the middle and not moving. Can any one help me with this please, is there a way to change the resolution of the UI and the Map selection or is it one of the 5 resolutions in the Config File and I just don't know which one? Any direction at this point would be greatly appreciated thank you in advanced

Default Re: I could use a helping hand

Quote Originally Posted by sephxtr View Post
    is there a way to change the resolution of the UI and the Map selection or is it one of the 5 resolutions in the Config File and I just don't know which one?
    There is no way to change UI resolution in KeeperFX. Such thing just hasn't been programmed yet.

KeeperFX works best at resolutions which are close to the one if was originally designed for - 640x400.

Imp

Well that is a shame because it looks wonderfull other then a few issues i listed before at my max resolution, now something else I wanted to ask that the instructions were not very specific on is how to I make it full screen while at the lower resolution that was my actual issue that led me to put it at the max setting for my rig.

how to I make it full screen while at the lower resolution that was my actual issue
    You just select a lower resolution in launcher and it should work. If you've selected several in-game resolutions, you can switch them with alt+r.

If a resolution doesn't work, then your monitor probably refuses to display it.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Dungeon Keeper isn't suited to be run in high resolutions, unfortunately. Better run the game in 640x480 if the classical 640x400 doesn't work.

And yup, if a resolution doesn't work, it's because your video card doesn't allow it. Nowadays, video cards rarely support resolutions lower than 640x480 because it's kinda "too small".

Say, mefisto, would it be troublesome to actually enlarge the control panel on the left to be 480 pixels high so that it could allow the display of more creature spells in query or possession mode?
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Imp

yeah the game runs perfectly well even the possession spell, its just the map to select my levels and the ui including health flowers that are teny tiny other then that this is probably the best the game as ever looked if i do say so my self, oddly doing the 000x000x00 set up which as ive read is the full screen set up at any thing lower still puts it in a window, so the only way i can even have it display in full screen is to use the full 1920x1080x32 set up for every thing or it essentially plays in windowed mode only it still acts as if in full screen so i can move my mouse out of the box with out alt tabing out. On a other note, mefisto your clearly a man of talent ever think about taking your skills to tackle a keeper fx styled mod for DK2 mostly to simply address the horrific stability the game has with any thing above windows xp. I'm not nearly talented enough with code to go pokeing around and trying to figure out why the game crashes the way it does on my rig I've sadly given up and keep track of the GOG progress on putting out unoffical patches but maybe you have some ideas?
    Last edited by sephxtr; September 25th, 2013 at 03:40.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    Say, mefisto, would it be troublesome to actually enlarge the control panel on the left to be 480 pixels high so that it could allow the display of more creature spells in query or possession mode?
    I'm occasionally thinking about scaling it, but for now that would be a large undertaking.
    Also, the first step would be to scale the whole panel by integer value (x2,x3,x4 etc). Enlarging it down to the height of the screen would be a second step, and I think it's far less important.

ever think about taking your skills to tackle a keeper fx styled mod for DK2 mostly to simply address the horrific stability the game has with any thing above windows xp
    For now I'm not planning any work on DK2. We don't have any debug symbols from it, and that makes it far more difficult. I don't think anyone besides GOG engineers is able to fix DK2 - that's a full-time job.
    Last edited by mefistotelis; September 25th, 2013 at 14:30.

Imp

Well here's too hopeing the fix it some time soon! cheers mates

Spider

I know that previously Mefisto said that to make more map viewable in a higher resolution would be to give players with larger monitors an advantage. I can see that point, but I do think that given how prevalent large screens are, that it'd be cool to see more map at a higher resolution? DK1 was written when monitors were very different to today. Thoughts?

Dayo