Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question on how to have keeperfx with vanilla stats for AK

Default Question on how to have keeperfx with vanilla stats for AK

Today I tried the old method of playing Ancient Keeper through DosBox and DKGold, and the resolution change and horrible pixellation makes it pretty hard to enjoy (especially after playing keeperfx for so long)

And I was wondering if there was any way to make KeeperFX (im using 0.42 R809 Patch currently) have the original stats for units to make the Ancient Keeper campaign completable, or at least more reasonably so, such as reinstating the dexterity bug (for the mission with the two avatars and the tonne of Hornys)

Edit: Whilst I know there have been options such as reduce overall stats for each unit to stop the dexterity from spilling over 255, I feel it'd just be interesting to go into DK with old bugs and all and see if I can do it (but running in the much cleaner fx environment)

Oh and did anyone notice on AK the level where you only have the Mistress, when she hits level 10 it would appear her strength just keeps increasing as she got hit by a boulder when I was in possession mode and the boulder broke on the Mistress.

Cheers, Psy.

P.S If this has been covered before in another thread, my apologies.
    Last edited by psymonpsyko; September 24th, 2013 at 16:56.

Default Re: Question on how to have keeperfx with vanilla stats for AK

Quote Originally Posted by psymonpsyko View Post
    And I was wondering if there was any way to make KeeperFX (im using 0.42 R809 Patch currently) have the original stats for units to make the Ancient Keeper campaign completable, or at least more reasonably so, such as reinstating the dexterity bug (for the mission with the two avatars and the tonne of Hornys)
    This is done with rules.cfg command:
    Code:
    PreserveClassicBugs = RESURRECT_FOREVER OVERFLOW_8BIT CLAIM_ROOM_ALL_THINGS RESURRECT_REMOVED
    In r809, this should already be present in campgns/ancntkpr_cfgs/rules.cfg. If the dexterity is not overflowing, then there could be a bug in implementation of "OVERFLOW_8BIT" option.

Quote Originally Posted by psymonpsyko View Post
    Oh and did anyone notice on AK the level where you only have the Mistress, when she hits level 10 it would appear her strength just keeps increasing as she got hit by a boulder when I was in possession mode and the boulder broke on the Mistress.
    I don't recall any code like that. Maybe the boulder was already banged up a bit, ie. it hit wall or corpses several times.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Dungeon Keeper works pretty well under Dosbox ensuring you have set it correctly to use a dynamic computer with high cycles. You should play the high resolution without too much troubles.

And I know about the Ancient Keeper problem. I'm actually replaying it with stats modified, but it seems to be useless now that mefisto has brought the changes. Am I right, mefisto? Other than that, prepare to have some changes in the campaign for the best.

About the mistress level (I assume you're talking about "Fortress of the Sun"), the stats of the mistress increase after some battles so it may be possible a boulder won't even kill her.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    Dungeon Keeper works pretty well under Dosbox ensuring you have set it correctly to use a dynamic computer with high cycles. You should play the high resolution without too much troubles.

And I know about the Ancient Keeper problem. I'm actually replaying it with stats modified, but it seems to be useless now that mefisto has brought the changes. Am I right, mefisto? Other than that, prepare to have some changes in the campaign for the best.

About the mistress level (I assume you're talking about "Fortress of the Sun"), the stats of the mistress increase after some battles so it may be possible a boulder won't even kill her.
    Yeah ill see if i can capture it next time I play it, longest part on that level is destroying the archers but as soon as you get life drain you can blitz through. I think it was after popping the wizards being hit by a boulder would at most take off 60% health.

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    This is done with rules.cfg command:
    Code:
    PreserveClassicBugs = RESURRECT_FOREVER OVERFLOW_8BIT CLAIM_ROOM_ALL_THINGS RESURRECT_REMOVED
    In r809, this should already be present in campgns/ancntkpr_cfgs/rules.cfg. If the dexterity is not overflowing, then there could be a bug in implementation of "OVERFLOW_8BIT" option.
    I think this isnt working properly, im on level 6 of ak where you have to destroy the hero heart with an avatar, but he gets taken out really quick by the horned reapers. In the strategy guide it seems to imply that the avatar should be able to handle them easily so i think something is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by _David_R View Post
    I think this isnt working properly, im on level 6 of ak where you have to destroy the hero heart with an avatar, but he gets taken out really quick by the horned reapers. In the strategy guide it seems to imply that the avatar should be able to handle them easily so i think something is wrong
    It's most likely because of change in the increase of dexterity.

In KeeperFX you get 15% for every level, in original it was 35%. So the values doesn't grow enough to be overflowed.

Ah right. Is there anything i can edit to change this back? Frustrating being totally stuck on this level haha

Quote Originally Posted by _David_R View Post
    Ah right. Is there anything i can edit to change this back? Frustrating being totally stuck on this level haha
    Try version after r874, ie. a nightly build from tomorrow - the increases should be reverted to original in config files of that build.

If this won't help, we'll have to find a way to either modify the level or change other parameters to make this battle possible.

Just to confirm, this seems to be fixed now

cool cool ill give the latest nightly a try.