Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mercenary

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Swordsman

Damn it, why the hell does everyone like this thing? I'm confused >.> How come nobody said anything earlier?
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Demon Spawn

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Damn it, why the hell does everyone like this thing? I'm confused >.> How come nobody said anything earlier?
    I've joined only recently but perhaps people missed it because there were more suggestions.

Anyway I like it because of it's simplicity. The Knight is really strong and the Barbarian and Giant are just weird. A more simple yet medieval hero sounds nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Airandius View Post
    I've joined only recently but perhaps people missed it because there were more suggestions.

Anyway I like it because of it's simplicity. The Knight is really strong and the Barbarian and Giant are just weird. A more simple yet medieval hero sounds nice.
    I think it could be replaced with something that stands out more. Something that's at least interesting like a Fly.

Tesonu is napping!

Demon Spawn

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    I think it could be replaced with something that stands out more. Something that's at least interesting like a Fly.
    How is a fly interesting. Or a bug. I pretty much pick them up as soon as they enter and drop them in the portal again. Or kill them. Most useless creatures in the entire game.
    I guess the bug can be used to get mistresses but whatever. Not worth it.

How is a fly interesting. Or a bug. I pretty much pick them up as soon as they enter and drop them in the portal again. Or kill them. Most useless creatures in the entire game.
    I guess the bug can be used to get mistresses but whatever. Not worth it.
    Well it is just like a disgusting insect. Its more that it stands out appearance wise. It looks more interesting and does has its advantages. A simple swordsman... I don't know, it doesn't seem very interestng to me.

Also, you seriously don't know the usefulness of Flies? They're early scouts, and faster than Hell Hounds. Useful in levels like Tickle. Plus if you save 2 of them, you can research Destroy Walls instantly...

Tesonu is napping!

Demon Spawn

You could make it a gladiator. Random armour and weapons.

You could make it a gladiator. Random armour and weapons.
    Um, I already made a Gladitor.

Tesonu is napping!

Massive bump and revision. Revision on demand, since people liked this idea. (What is the matter with you you people!?)

Anyways, this used to be a Swordsman Neutral, but now it is a Mercenary Hero. What are your thoughts?

Tesonu is napping!

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

The reason why something so characterless, so generic as a stony-faced man with a sword and without a full set of armour, is attractive is because not everyone is memorable, some people are just bland. He's just guy doing his job, and you've all seen him... he does it well, but you don't look at him. He just stands in the background chopping at peoples legs. Swordsmen are cool like that.

Mercenaries are different - they are collecting scalps. Everyone looks at the Mercenary. Instantly there is intrigue... who is he working for, can we trust him? Everyone always watches the Mercenary. Dunno where I'm going with that... ... but if anyone gets the jump on you....

I quite honestly liked him merely because he wields a big-ass knight sword in the early game, and the guy knows how to use it. He reminded me of the swordsmen in Stronghold 2, which is quite simply for me the ideal replacement for the Guard. That is why I liked it.

Tangents aside.

Completely randomly... this revamped suggestion gives me the vibe of the Demoman in TF2 - though really all classes are mercenaries. An eye-patch could suit him, along with facial scaring - cuts, and maybe unshaven. Since he is a hero, but also a bit of black sheep, dressed in a dark shade of grey. Give him a frown. That's unless you want to give him a helmet. I know you generally have your own ideas here.

Stats seem fine from what I know, that is all I can say there.
    Last edited by MeinCookie; October 4th, 2011 at 12:26.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9