Training Cost: Moderate
    Wage: Above Average
    Gold Held: High
    Unit Type: Hero

Skills

Level 1: Melee
    Level 6: Grenade
    Level 10: Hibernation*

Hibernation* Passive Ability. This allows them to regenerate 50-80% more Health when sleeping at the Lair.

Special Abilities:
    Madman
    The Viking will use Grenade, regardless of whether he's being possessed or not. (As Grenade is sort of like a Possession Only Ability)

Information

Author's Note
    The Viking is another old suggestion of mine. He's definately taken quite the revision as this variation of him is definately nothing like his original form. I only decided to revise him because Kyle liked the concept of a Viking a lot and bugged me about adding it so I thought of a role for him to fit. I've turned him into a Standard Tank, counterpart to the Bile Demon.

About the Viking
    The Viking is a tough and powerful warrior that is about as barbaric as a Barbarian. It is said that the Viking traveled across the sea from a far away land before setting foot here. He then met the Barbarian and joined him in a long adventure inside a Dungeon Keeper's domain. The Viking had the time of his life slaying the Dungeon Keeper and stealing his riches, and so he decided to join the Barbarian's side. To the Viking, it was also a journey that opened up many new lands for him to explore.

Behavior in Dungeon:
    Vikings usually will spend their time Training, as they enjoy a lot of battle. After they've trained, they often will go off and explore areas filled with water, if there are any that is within their reach. They dislike Guarding, being that they're a bit impatient. While they will tolerate it for a while, they'll start getting annoyed if left Guarding for a long period of time. They are no good at Researching and will refuse to do so. While they know a bit about Manufacturing and are willing to do it, their ability isn't enough for them to make anything truly worthwhile. They also don't gain much happiness at the Temple.

Vikings like hanging around strong warriors like themselves, and to that extent they hang around Barbarians and Giants. They get along with Barbarians the best though, considering that they're just as barbaric as the Vikings themselves. They dislike most Magic Users a tad due to their fragileness, but have no trouble working with them at all as long as they give him good support. Amongst the Creatures, they really have no one to quarrel with. Being that most Creatures are pretty chaotic, the Viking fits well alongside them.

Inside a Dungeon with good maintenance, the Viking shouldn't give anyone a Problem at all. They require nothing truly special or out of the ordinary. The things that can annoy a Viking quite a lot would be a lack of either food or payment. These needs aren't considered special because every Dungeon needs a good supply of food and money to keep it running. If there's ever a time where a Dungeon lacks either, he'll be the first to complain about it without a doubt. It should be noted that the Viking doesn't get upset when walking over his allies' corpses, because he's used to this kind of thing being that he's lost many friends out at sea.

Behavior Outside of Dungeon:
    Vikings aren't normally found inside Hero Fortresses, because of their dislike of Guarding. Instead, they can be found within the Invasion Forces. They also can be found exploring large bodies of water.

Behavior in Battle:
    Standard Tank
    The Viking has a very simple use in battle, which is to stay in front of everybody else and take the hits while whacking whoever happens to be in front of him. He also uses Grenades which can possibly damage some enemy support units, but in smaller rooms, it can bounce around walls and then who knows where it will explode. This can effectively cause a lot of chaos in battle sometimes when Units are being knocked around due to the explosions.

Strengths:
    • Large Health makes him an Effective Tank
    • Pretty Easy to Handle
    • Can Scout Water Areas

Weaknesses:
    • Low Recovery makes him take a Long Time to Recover his Large Health
    • Takes a While to Train
    • Grenade Can Be Counter Productive At Times

Jobs:
    The Viking will Train, and then Explore Water. He will not Research, and while he will Guard, he will start getting annoyed if left Guarding for a long period of time.

If Angry, the Viking will either Destroy Walls or Destroy Rooms.

Lair and Food:
    His Lair would be a very small wooden boat. When sleeping, he just lays inside on his back with his arms and legs hanging out. It takes up four Lair Tiles. The Viking has no Lair Enemies. He tends to sleep for a very long time.

The Viking gets hungry a little more often compared to the average Creature or Hero, and will eat six chickens.

Loves:
    Fighting
    Water
    Barbarians
    Giants
    Food
    Gold

Hates:
    Guarding
    Researching
    Being Hungry
    Empty Pockets

Character Appearance:
    The Viking would be an extremely buff warrior who weilds a Battle Axe. A possiblty for his appearance would be something like below, except with less/no armor and perhaps a little bigger/buffer.

How Introduced:
    Hero, Early-Mid Game.

Obtainable By:
    Hero Portal, Sacrifice, Torture, and Neutral

Attraction:
    25 Tiles Hatchery
    20 Tiles Training Room

When Neutral, he's usually found in large bodies of water.

Sacrifice Combination: Bile Demon + Dragon
    Hero Sacrifice Combination: Barbarian + Barbarian

Entrance Effect
    Water floods the portal, and the Viking rises up with the water while inside his boat. Once the water gets high enough, the Viking steps out of his boat before smashing it to oblivion, and the water's level starts lowering rapidly.

Torture:
    The Viking's head is being forced into boiling water, and he constantly struggles against it while trying to get some air.

Stat Value Order (1/10 kinda thing)

Crap
    Extremely Low
    Very Low
    Low
    Below Average
    Moderate
    Above Average
    High
    Very High
    Extremely High
    Extraoridnarily High
    Last edited by Metal Gear Rex; June 17th, 2011 at 09:18.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

LOL, WFTO

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Re: Viking

*ahem*

After asking kyle what he thought of Keeper_Infernal's Viking, he told me he liked the concept of it. Unfortunately, in its form at the time, it was an overpowered cross between a Dwarf and a Giant and I saw no real reason to consider adding it in. But Kyle wanted me to try and think of some kind of revision to make it a unique unit so it could be added in.

So after looking at what Hero Units we had already, I noticed that out of all the Tanks that the Heroes have, they were missing one. They were missing a proper counterpart to the Bile Demon. (Standard Tank) And so, this revision was born! (A thanks to Keeper_Infernal I suppose as his Viking got kyle to start bothering me)

I revised my own Viking that I created long ago instead of having Keeper_Infernal revise his because it would be easier to get the proper changes needed if I did so myself, but also because the revised version of the Viking is still my idea.

Are you happy now kyle? Satisfied by my variation of the Viking?

Tesonu is napping!

LOL, WFTO

Whaa,kyle liked my version of a anti-support creature with his special skills,so why dont i see the here?

edit:actually i dont know what kyle likes,i dont even know who kyle is..
    But i bet that he like my viking for those resons,since its preaty much what is diferent between my and your viking.

Lol? xD
    Last edited by Keeper_Infernal; June 17th, 2011 at 10:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper_Infernal View Post
    Whaa,kyle liked my version of a anti-support creature with his special skills,so why dont i see the here?

edit:actually i dont know what kyle likes,i dont even know who kyle is..
    But i bet that he like my viking for those resons,since its preaty much what is diferent between my and your viking.
    Kyle is the project leader of WftO. You know. The project you've been submitting your suggestions to.
    This.
    Whole.
    Time.

And he only liked the concept of a Viking.

Tesonu is napping!

LOL, WFTO

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

Keeper_infernal, I'll be clear here. I very much just liked the concept of the viking so I wanted it to have a cleanup. When it comes to credit for the viking, I wish to give both you and Rex credit for it.

Quote Originally Posted by kyle View Post
    Keeper_infernal, I'll be clear here. I very much just liked the concept of the viking so I wanted it to have a cleanup. When it comes to credit for the viking, I wish to give both you and Rex credit for it.
    Yay

I wish to give both you and Rex credit for it.
    Super yay

Edit:Weit that means the viking wont be a anti-support?()
    he wont have Anchor Grip?()
    He wont even have Lunge??()
    Last edited by Keeper_Infernal; June 17th, 2011 at 10:33.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FOG I Kyle PSN ID: CreamedCustard Steam ID: kylemotherwell

I asked Rex to do the cleanup as he has the most experience at that type of thing, if you feel he should have these abilities you should state why to Rex and he could make a decision from there.

I asked Rex to do the cleanup as he has the most experience, if you feel he should have these abilities you should state why to Rex and he could make a decision from there.
    I think I already stated what was wrong with those abilities in that other thread.

Tesonu is napping!

LOL, WFTO

He seems more tanky than the juggernaut although It seems as if it's supposed to be the other way around.

you dident even talked about the third list of skills i made..