Thread: Adikted - Selecting A Tile With Mouse Arrow

Default Adikted - Selecting A Tile With Mouse Arrow

I have an idea how to improve Adikted a bit, to make it easier to jump to a certain tile more easily. How about the ability to select a tile by clicking on it with the mouse arrow? That would be so nice. How do you think it would be possible to make this work?

~ Matt

Default Re: Adikted - Selecting A Tile With Mouse Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmcast View Post
    I've used Adikted before and I recall it being a command prompt type utility. So I'm not sure if this would be possible, maybe you would need a GUI.
    ADiKtEd is based on s-lang library, so the question is whether s-lang supports mouse input - if it does, then this is doable.

If s-lang can't support that, it is still possible to make SDL-based editor (SDL is a graphics-based library) and there we have mouse support.

There is even an example application published (the file name says docs, but there's also an app inside) which uses ADiKtEd that way - but it is not a complete editor, it only allows to view a map and put temples.

Default Re: Adikted - Selecting A Tile With Mouse Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    ADiKtEd is based on s-lang library, so the question is whether s-lang supports mouse input - if it does, then this is doable.

If s-lang can't support that, it is still possible to make SDL-based editor (SDL is a graphics-based library) and there we have mouse support.

There is even an example application published (the file name says docs, but there's also an app inside) which uses ADiKtEd that way - but it is not a complete editor, it only allows to view a map and put temples.
    Thankies for the answers. Just wundering if it was even possible.