Thread: imp won't carry spellbooks

Default imp won't carry spellbooks

Hi everyone..
    I'm playing the "Ancient Keeper campaign" and i have a little issue.. In some missions when i find spellbooks to put in my library, i can't get the imps to carry the books, they just ignore them, i've tried everything but nothing seems to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

PD: Sorry if my english sucks, i'm from Argentina.

Default Re: imp won't carry spellbooks

Quote Originally Posted by Xavit View Post
    I'm playing the "Ancient Keeper campaign" and i have a little issue.. In some missions when i find spellbooks to put in my library, i can't get the imps to carry the books, they just ignore them, i've tried everything but nothing seems to fix it.
    Actually, this is part of the puzzle in one of the levels.
    While in KeeperFX this behaviour is fixed, there is a special option which "enables classic bugs" for Ancient Keeper. So in Ancient Keeper, like in original DK, if you'll take over a spellbook which lies in a room, it becomes yours and imps won't carry it.

So to solve the puzzle, you must somehow make it that the book is not in a room when the tile beneath it is claimed...
    Good luck!

Thank you very much for the answer!, but i still can't find the solution, i'm in the "FORTRESS OF THE SUN" where the "destroy walls" is custody by an avatar. In previous levels (like the one with 2 librarys or so) i've been able to solve the book puzzles, but in this one i can't see how! I have no library to build, the spellbook is not under one room.. i dont know, is just to get in to a secret realm, but i realy don't want to miss that..

Thanks again

Ok, so the problem is not with imp not carrying the spell, but with the fact that you can't reach that spell needed to get special box?

To get Destroy Walls spell, just dig there and kill the avatar, after you won the level. Avatar will drop enough money to use the new spell.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

If the imp cannot carry the Destroy Walls spell, make sure the path to your already built library is free: no locked doors, no lava in the path... so that your imp can carry the spellbook.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    Ok, so the problem is not with imp not carrying the spell, but with the fact that you can't reach that spell needed to get special box?

To get Destroy Walls spell, just dig there and kill the avatar, after you won the level. Avatar will drop enough money to use the new spell.
    I've done that, dig in there and kill the avatar, but no matter what i do, the imp don't seem to know the spellbook is there.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    If the imp cannot carry the Destroy Walls spell, make sure the path to your already built library is free: no locked doors, no lava in the path... so that your imp can carry the spellbook.

The path is clear already. Is not the first time this happens to me in this campaign, before I could solve in other ways.

Anyways i've now moved on to the next stage. I will leave this for now and try again in other time.

Thank you very, very much guys for attention and the help!

It would seem that there really is a pathfinding bug then.

If you still have a saved game from that level, please attach it - that should allow to debug the issue.

Ive encountered this problem too, uploaded a save game to the issue tracker

Ok, now I see.

I fixed that in r910; but you'll have to restart the level to make the change work.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: StanleySweet Raptr ID: stanleysweet

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    Ok, now I see.

I fixed that in r910; but you'll have to restart the level to make the change work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanislas Dolcini View Post