Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Let's play Dungeon Keeper

Talking Let's play Dungeon Keeper

Hello there folks.

I thought this would be a nice place to introduce myself and say hi. So... 'HI' :P
    I am Damage and I love Dungeon Keeper 1. I got this game back when I was still a kid and I played it quite extensively. Of course time has moved on, quite a lot by now, but I felt nostalgic and wanted to play this masterpiece again. So I did, and I made video's about it. Nice video's, or atleast I say so myself and I thought this would be a nice place to share those with you.

I am just playing the original campaign with no mods or any fancies, but technically it isn't Dungeon Keeper but KeeperFX since I couldn't get the setup files on the CD to run in this era of 64bit stuff. Still my aim is to keep the experience as close as possible to the original Dungeon Keeper, for the sake of my own nostalgia. So what can you expect from this? Well me harassing your ears with bad english, while dispatching all the goodly heroes of goodlyness to their goodly demise

Here's a link to the playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...iDeUE2bjhuhvtY

And here's a list with links to the videos. I hope you'll enjoy watching it ;-)

Last edited by Damage; March 3rd, 2014 at 00:29.

Default Re: Let's play Dungeon Keeper

1. - Eversmile

Another great game from my childhood. We get to play the bad guys for a change and thus we live by the credo of: "It's good to be bad". We play the first level of the original campaign which is really more a tutorial to get a grasp of the basics of the game. Totally not needed for me, as I've played this countless of times.

Still we manage to break this very first level already by screwing around with the scripts, but all in all, we manage to complete it. It would be quite the achievement to fail this level honestly. In any case, our path to terror and tyranny has been set, and with the help of our mentor, we will continue on with it.

2. - Cosyton

After a succesfull start in our campaign of evil, we continue on to the second level. Cosyton, it's called and it's also part of the tutorial series. That means that we won't face any real dangers in this level either, and we get introduced to a new room type and a new creature to play around with. I like them hellfrogs, do you like them too?

3. - Waterdream Warms

Another tutorial level and here we get introduced to magicians and the library. We also discover some long expired, though very useful goodies which were very very well hidden in the map... ahem. Still the goodly heroes of goodness don't stand a chance against our minions and we crush them utterly, and quite quick aswell.

4. - Flowerhat

This is one of my favourite levels. It's the first one where you have gems at your disposal and the enemies keep to themselves. I loved to get every creature up to level 10 and them waltz over the enemy. Of course that would make for a pretty bad video, so we bring the fight to the goodly heroes of goodlyness. I wonder how that will end... :P

5. - Lushmeadow-on-down

A quiet backwater is what we're here to destroy according to the mentor. And destroy it we will, but this level has something new for us to battle: An enemy keeper. We also do not have any gems, so we're on limited resources, as is our enemy. On the campaign map it says this is a tutorial level, but in the learning curve, this level is like a mountain. Will we be able to climb it?...

5.1 - Moon level

The very first bonus level we attempt, it's the famous Full Moon level which is only playable when... you guessed it... it's a full moon. Quite a nice level and quite different from the usual kill every other thing in the realm. We were doing amazing with my special strategy for this, till all the dorfs started knocking at our door...

6. - Snuggledell

We have started with the real meat of the campaign, atleast according to the banners on the campaign map, because there's no longer this ominous 'T' on them. We're still getting introduced to new stuff though and Snuggledell has some very kinky things for us to discover and use...

7. - Wishvale

We're on an island of sorts with very limited amounts of gold. Good thing we get a barracks to lure in those oddly colored creatures. Cheap and strong they are, weak and goodly are our enemies. Weak and ready to die, but it doesn't stop there. We're also saying 'hi' to another enemy keeper...

8.- Tickle

Lot's of new things for us to play around with in this level. New rooms, new creatures and heroes, we will have our hands full. On top of that there is this enemy keeper out there that needs to be dealt with. All of it will require time, our evil brilliance and gold... lots of gold. With no gems in direct reach, will we able to succeed our evil plans...?