Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Texture by Ninja

Default Texture by Ninja

Hi, I am a new user the forum and I would like to join to the project War for the Overlord. Thereby I intend to create tekxture to models 3D. Exemplary I created the texture of the floor and the wall in the Library:

What do you think about them? I wait for opinions.

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

Default Re: Texture by Ninja

The top texture looks pretty good, like the flooring for the Village houses.

sorry, but why would the library wall be a grey pebble texture with a satanistic sign on it?

stick to the theme!

as for "intending" on doing the texturing for my models , i'd suggest you prove yourself a bit more first...show me some UV mapped Textures you have done.

As it stands now at the moment It's me and Synesthesia that will be working closely together to create the multitude of maps needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Blutonium View Post
    sorry, but why would the library wall be a grey pebble texture with a satanistic sign on it?

stick to the theme!

as for "intending" on doing the texturing for my models , i'd suggest you prove yourself a bit more first...show me some UV mapped Textures you have done.

As it stands now at the moment It's me and Synesthesia that will be working closely together to create the multitude of maps needed.

You know Dungeon Keeper is famous for such motto: "It′s good is by bad". And the devilry approaches under Satanism. For this I placed on her the pentacle. I made the second texture of the wall of the library, when does not please to you that, perhaps you will take advantage of her. I wait for opinions.

I created also the texture of wall and floors of the shakedowns, this first texture is the floor and this second are the wall:

I wait for your opinions.
    Last edited by Ninja; November 14th, 2009 at 17:09.

1. You should draw pentagrams on diffuse textures - instead, it should be different texture with alpha channel that is applied to decals.
    2. Your textures look like detail maps. For that they may fit, as for the diffuse texture, therese little sense in drawing brick wall in photoshop - instead, you should take a photo of it.
    3. Provide normal maps and specular maps along with diffuse maps, and test in on 3d objects in standart game lighting environment.
    4. Check out how textures in other games look like (for example, you can unpack Doom 3 textures with WinRar)

Sorry that so long I did not answer but I did not have too much on this the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kopavel View Post
    2. Your textures look like detail maps. For that they may fit, as for the diffuse texture, therese little sense in drawing brick wall in photoshop - instead, you should take a photo of it.
    I do not use photoshop, I use corel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kopavel View Post
    I made tests of my textures on the simple model 3D.
    3. Provide normal maps and specular maps along with diffuse maps, and test in on 3d objects in standart game lighting environment.
    I made tests of my textures on the simple model 3D.

I don't really know about the occult symbol... Not all evil stems from that kind of thing you know.

As for the wood I think it looks ok, but maybe you could add a little bit of wear and tear?
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"

Quote Originally Posted by A New Room View Post
    As for the wood I think it looks ok, but maybe you could add a little bit of wear and tear?
    Of course I can Tomorrow you see the new wood texture.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dotted

Quote Originally Posted by A New Room View Post
    I don't really know about the occult symbol... Not all evil stems from that kind of thing you know.
    The biggest problem is that it is a religious symbol, I don't think we should include any religious symbols what so ever.

Yeah why is it when people hear evil they immediately think devil worship? Evil is blatantly an equal opportunities employer
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you are…"