Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Temple

  
  1. #1
    Imp RothTFP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    26

    Default Temple

    -Temple-
    The temple has an altar this time. You can put a creature (yours or a slave) on it. Then put another creature who sacrifices the one on the altar, using a ceremonial dagger and praying. The creatures who perform sacrifices gain vast experience. Sacrificing the right creatures will have a good or a bad effect.

  2. #2
    Tentacle
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,239
    Gamer IDs

    Steam ID: Evifire

    Default Re: Temple

    Quote Originally Posted by RothTFP View Post
    -Temple-
    The temple has an altar this time. You can put a creature (yours or a slave) on it. Then put another creature who sacrifices the one on the altar, using a ceremonial dagger and praying. The creatures who perform sacrifices gain vast experience. Sacrificing the right creatures will have a good or a bad effect.
    Sounds like a cheap way to get a high leveled creature, just sacrifice one of your weak creatures and drop the one you want to give the exp to...

  3. #3
    Hellhound dk2player's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In your head :O
    Posts
    724

    Default Re: Temple

    I say that the a creature can drop a prisoner or imp into the temple pool and gain some xp, but doesn't do it often. And not every creature can. and only below level 4.

    then again, that is still a way to avoid the trainning room.

    And here's what I say the temple sacrafices should be:

    2 of any creature: Gain the lesser of creature

    1 creature, (and 1 creature) and spell- hero version of creature(s).

    1 horny/vampire/ghost/skeleton/black knight/chicken/spider- Sick creatures

    2 fly's- all manufacturing done

    2 beetles- 1 spell reasearched

    1 bile demon- extra chickens in hatchery, but die after about 10 secounds


    Thoses aren't offical, just a quick pick


    I AM DK2PLAYER! HEAR ME PLAY DK2!
    Random mentor quote: Chickens are good Keeper. They provide the right nutrition and a good entertainment underground

    WARNING: There is a $500 fine for trolling and complaining

    WUJU STYLE!!!!

  4. #4
    Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,624

    Default Re: Temple

    Quote Originally Posted by dk2player View Post
    And here's what I say the temple sacrafices should be:

    2 of any creature: Gain the lesser of creature

    1 creature, (and 1 creature) and spell- hero version of creature(s).

    1 horny/vampire/ghost/skeleton/black knight/chicken/spider- Sick creatures

    2 fly's- all manufacturing done

    2 beetles- 1 spell reasearched

    1 bile demon- extra chickens in hatchery, but die after about 10 secounds


    Thoses aren't offical, just a quick pick
    Oh how creative...
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

    The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

    LOL, WFTO

  5. #5
    Imp RothTFP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Temple

    I liked the previews DK sacrificial pool. But it lacks evilness.
    In this case the Keeper just has to put a creature for the "priest" role and any other creature to be sacrificed will be in que to the altar (Maybe chained on a pillar).
    The bigger your temple the more creatures can be put in que. In other DKs a 3x3 temple was the same sacrifice-wise as a 10x10.
    As for the combinations, the player should find them somehow. Maybe as a research result, or as hidden scrolls found throughout the underworld.

  6. #6
    Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,624

    Default Re: Temple

    Quote Originally Posted by RothTFP View Post
    I liked the previews DK sacrificial pool. But it lacks evilness.
    In this case the Keeper just has to put a creature for the "priest" role and any other creature to be sacrificed will be in que to the altar (Maybe chained on a pillar).
    The bigger your temple the more creatures can be put in que. In other DKs a 3x3 temple was the same sacrifice-wise as a 10x10.
    As for the combinations, the player should find them somehow. Maybe as a research result, or as hidden scrolls found throughout the underworld.
    How does praising the Dark Gods so they can reward you with greater powers to unleash on all your enemies lack evil? It is the symbol of the Horned Reaper. Don't believe me? He's decorated with his evil killing grin on the walls.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

    The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

    LOL, WFTO

  7. #7
    Imp RothTFP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Temple

    I was reffering to the pool. The pool lacks evilness. Especially the DK2's one is like I want to hang around in there with a margarita on hand. The idea of an altar makes it more ceremonial, than tossing a crowd in a peaceful pool.
    If there is a concept I am not aware of, concerning Lovecraftian-style chthonic gods, so the pool idea must stay then my ideas are to design the place of sacrifice as:
    1. A rift leading to the abyss (No water, just blackness)
    or
    2. OK. Let there be water. However it would be better if the water surface was dynamic. So that when a sacrifice is executed the water reacts by boiling.
    3. Water again. When a creature gets sacrificed a dozen of arms reach it and drag it into the depths.
    Last edited by RothTFP; October 21st, 2009 at 02:36.

  8. #8
    Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,624

    Default Re: Temple

    Quote Originally Posted by RothTFP View Post
    I was reffering to the pool. The pool lacks evilness. Especially the DK2's one is like I want to hang around in there with a margarita on hand. The idea of an altar makes it more ceremonial, than tossing a crowd in a peaceful pool.
    If there is a concept I am not aware of, concerning Lovecraftian chthonic gods (Cthulhu, Leviathan, Dagon, Hydra), then my ideas are to design the place of sacrifice as:
    1. A rift leading to the abyss (No water, just blackness)
    or
    2. OK. Let there be water. However it would be better if the water surface was dynamic. So that when a sacrifice is executed the water starts to boil.
    How does blood water sound? Keep in mind we are trying to please the dark gods, not piss them off and screw ourselves.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

    The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

    LOL, WFTO

Similar Threads

  1. Temple Recipes
    By Patrician in forum Dungeon Keeper 1
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: November 15th, 2015, 09:40
  2. Temple Recipes
    By dk2player in forum Dungeon Keeper 2
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: January 30th, 2015, 02:58

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •