Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trouble beating Skybird Trill

Imp

Question Trouble beating Skybird Trill

OK, I am using Dungeon Keeper FX and am having trouble beating the final level, Skybird Trill. The problem is, in the early stages of the level, I get this message which says, "What treachery! The Avatar's body could not be found...". Then a few minutes later, before I can train all my creatures to level 10, the Avatar and his minions appear in the west side of the map as well as the other hero gates found in the east of my location.

This happens even before I have a chance to defeat the Avatar which is being held in the prison on the North-East of the map. I thought that the 2nd Avatar and his minions would only appear AFTER I have defeated the Avatar in the prison?

Am I missing something here? I watched some YouTube videos on this level and found that that the 2nd Avatar only appears after defeating the Avatar in the prison. Did FX change the AI behaviour?

Please advise. Thanks.

Default Re: Trouble beating Skybird Trill

I recently modified the script for that level, so most likely I just made a mistake somewhere.

EDIT: Just checked, I don't see any mistake.
    Avatar must have died. Blue player killed him?
    Do you have a saved game, specifically just before the "treachery" message?
    Last edited by mefistotelis; December 8th, 2013 at 11:07.

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    I recently modified the script for that level, so most likely I just made a mistake somewhere.

EDIT: Just checked, I don't see any mistake.
    Avatar must have died. Blue player killed him?
    Do you have a saved game, specifically just before the "treachery" message?
    Thanks for the kind reply. It could be that the Blue player killed him. However, I can't be sure about this.

By the way, I do have a save game for this. The question is, how do I upload the game to this forum? Could you provide me with a step by step instruction on how to go about doing this? I am not too good with computers by the way. Thanks again for the reply.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Skarok

Well, before uploading files on this website it's advised to delete System32 from your computer. It seems to cause problems when uploading files to this website.
    There is absoluetly nothing wrong with DK Mobile, whatsoever.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Here's I think what happened:
    - Blue Keeper imp accessed to the hero dungeon heart, claiming the unaligned flies and beetles
    - Flies and beetles destroyed the hero dungeon heart
    - The priestess and horny that were imprisoned between hero doors got free and they moved along the north-east path smashing the door to attack the blue keeper
    - A fight probably occurred near the enemy dungeon heart, causing the priestess to cast her wind spell and moving the avatar away, or maybe she pushed back where the avatar is and blue creatures started attacking the avatar
    - You know the rest
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    Here's I think what happened:
    - Blue Keeper imp accessed to the hero dungeon heart, claiming the unaligned flies and beetles
    - Flies and beetles destroyed the hero dungeon heart
    - The priestess and horny that were imprisoned between hero doors got free and they moved along the north-east path smashing the door to attack the blue keeper
    - A fight probably occurred near the enemy dungeon heart, causing the priestess to cast her wind spell and moving the avatar away, or maybe she pushed back where the avatar is and blue creatures started attacking the avatar
    - You know the rest
    I played the level the 2nd time and managed to get to the dungeon heart on time before the Blue keeper did. But I got the same message, "What treachery! The Avatar's body could not be found...". I don't get it. Why would the Blue keeper attack the Avatar which was being held as a prisoner?

Imp

Yes, I have finally beaten this level! I played the level the 3rd time and this time I was quick. I guess that the message appears when the Avatar in the prison gets killed. One should not be too slow in this level: D

Quote Originally Posted by Blanchflower View Post
    I don't get it. Why would the Blue keeper attack the Avatar which was being held as a prisoner?
    Actually, he's not really held as prisoner. He is just held on an island surrounded by lava, and that's why he's not escaping.

I wonder how could we prevent blue player from attacking him..

- We could really make him a prisoner; but wouldn't he starve to death? And what if I implement torturing by computer player? Then blue player would have converted Avatar, which also doesn't seem right.

- We could add a script command to create "blacked out area" for computer players - a place which computer players can't influence. But then, computer won't attack human player in that area, which could be easily abused (ie. get an archer and attack heart from distance).

- We could make a temporary alliance between blue and white players (until white heart is destroyed); but in that case, blue player will never attack white players heart (it usually happens quite late, but he attacks sooner or later).

Warlock

What about putting guard posts up at the Hero dungeon doors at the north face?

Imp

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    Actually, he's not really held as prisoner. He is just held on an island surrounded by lava, and that's why he's not escaping.

I wonder how could we prevent blue player from attacking him..
    I watched at least 3 different YouTube videos on how to beat this level and each time, the Blue Keeper did not even attempt to attack the Avatar which was being held in the prison. And they were not using the Keeper FX mod. It is strange that while I used this mod, the Blue Keeper seems to be very aggressive and attacks the Avatar pretty early on.