Thread: Vampires causing disease and extinction of dungeon?

Default Vampires causing disease and extinction of dungeon?

So now I played through the original campaign with KeeperFX 0.43 and latest patch and then started Deeper Dungeons. I noticed something that I haven´t seen some years ago when playing the original game: It seems that the vampires cause disease?

At first I noticed in Skybird Trill that the creature count of the enemy keeper was decreasing after a while. I didn´t attack him but after a while he only got one creature left. Strange. I was able to walk in his dungeon with a possessed horny and destroying the heart without resistance(not counting some imps that were nearby the heart). In the original game there was always strong resistance as he had an army of level 10 vampires, he also used chicken and disease on my creatures so it was not possible to destroy the heart that easily.

After completing the level I started Morkardar from Deeper Dungeons, the enemy keeper here also has a lot of vampires. I noticed that his creature count was also decreasing at a certain point of time. I checked his dungeon with Sight of Evil and noticed that most of his creatures were diseased. After a while all except for one were dead so it was easy to destroy his dungeon.
    Before I noticed the disease in his dungon I tried to attack him with the converted samurais which easily took down his level 1 vampires however for some reasons they also got infected by disease - but the enemy campires hadn´t disease at this time...as I didn´t notice the disease of my samurais most of my creatures also became sick so I loaded an older savegame just to find the situation with his decreasing creature count as described above.

Any reaons for this? Maybe it is a bug that the vampires cause disease?
    Savegames of the both levels can be provided if needed.

Default Re: Vampires causing disease and extinction of dungeon?

Sacrificing vampires causes disease, right?

And do you know what computer player does when his creature is angry?
    (Computer assistant does exactly the same).

There's even a bug for this problem:
    https://code.google.com/p/keeperfx/issues/detail?id=135

Ok, so the problem seems that the vampires are becoming angry due to permanent dropping in the workshop(mentioned in other topic) and then disease is spread in the dungeon, right?

Maybe it is possible to fix it in a way that the enemy keeper doesn´t drop his creatures in the workshop. I noticed that behaviour also in Mistle. As the enemy there has skeletons they don´t get angry but there is a constant flow of skeletons from his hand in the workshop even when it´s full. As AI keepers don´t use the stuff from the workshop at all maybe it would be an idea to disable this. Only other way seems to be disabling the annoyance of the vampire when being dropped in the workshop.

I tried to fix dropping creatures in not_do_jobs rooms in r907, needs testing if the new code works properly.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: StanleySweet Raptr ID: stanleysweet

Quote Originally Posted by mefistotelis View Post
    I tried to fix dropping creatures in not_do_jobs rooms in r907, needs testing if the new code works properly.
    Updated my thread the build is now available.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Just to mention, in the original Dungeon Keeper, there was that bug where, if two natural enemy creatures would engage in battle, the computer player could disease his own creatures because of the fight. This could happen often in Skybird Trill since the computer player is the only one who can attract warlocks and vampires, thus resulting as natural fights.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Yes, I also noticed the warlocks in the both levels. However I can´t remember any situation when there were fights between them and the vampires. Often I noticed that he doesn´t have warlocks for whatever reason. In Morkardar the keeper had no warlocks but a lot of vampires that were constantly dropped in the workshop.

I installed the patch and it seems to work fine now . Was way more fun to attract the enemy creatures into my dungeon with a lot of traps and having them eaten by his bile demons...

Another thing I noticed that the keeper still runs out of money after a while, doesn´t create new imps and wastes a lot of money for call to arms on my territory. IIRC this also occurred sometimes in the original game.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    in the original Dungeon Keeper, there was that bug where, if two natural enemy creatures would engage in battle, the computer player could disease his own creatures because of the fight
    Yup. In KeeperFX, computer player just ignores fights between its own creatures (which could also be improved, but is already better than what original DK did).

Quote Originally Posted by Noanechu View Post
    In Morkardar the keeper had no warlocks but a lot of vampires that were constantly dropped in the workshop.
    Computer player kills his imps quite often, so he gets vampires, who are taking out warlocks.
    We would need computer player to somehow recognize "ok, the lair on the left is for warlocks, and the one on the right is for vamps".
    Then, it would be easy to just let it "pick up both fighting creatures and put each one into correct lair".
    It is doable, just requires some thinking.

Maybe the slap rate of the enemy keepers imps should be reduced or better disabled at all. I noticed in the original game as well as KeeperFX that AI keepers often slap their imps too often that a lot of them have only little health left. The slapping seems to occur random and doesn´t make that much sense at all. Especially when it kills the imps.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

I thought imps shouldn't be the graveyard feeder anymore in KeeperFX. This would solve the problem I think.
    As for sorting natural enemy creatures for the computer player, well, natural enemies automatically choose their lairs to avoid being with their opponent. Of course, if there's just one lair, the computer cannot really do something about it, except perhaps for triggering an event to build another lair. Then, once 2 lairs are built, we could perhaps try to make a function to count the amount of lair of a certain creature inside a lair room. I dunno if it's feasible though. If the amount of warlock lairs in a lair is greater than in the other one, it's easy for the computer to get the idea. Then, once a fight occur between two creatures, make the computer to take each fighting minion and drop them in their respective lairs.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...