Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Worst Level Eva

Default Worst Level Eva

I want to know, out of all the levels in dk and dd, what level has caused you the most trouble, or stressed you out the most.

Mine is a tie between elves dance cause it always crashes, and skybrid trail cause it ends the game, and no one wants that, right?
    Last edited by dk2player; October 22nd, 2009 at 21:49.

Default Re: Worst Level Eva

Orginal campaign: Sleepiborough (level 14), the most sloppy level of the campaign. Even though the enemy can attract dragons and bile demons, you can simply enclose yourself from them and wait till they run out of gold. Apparantly someone forgot to place some gem blocks.

Deeper Dungeons: Kari-Mar (3rd level), I'm not sure if I named the right one. The main annoyance are boulder traps, boulder traps, and yes, even more boulder traps.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Original Campaign-
    I can't say... maybe level 20 cause what you said (And the huge invasion at the end, but that's half the fun... manipulating them to the enemy... hah!) or possibly level 16 but only from my early years when I didn't really know how to deal with the keeper and invasions... I do now...

Deeper Dungeons-
    I don't remember the name, but it is a favorite and annoyance. Most levels here are affected by how I play them, but one that is trully annoying is the second last level, the one where you begin with a spider and kill a wizard who stole your magic. The green keeper is the annoyance, but I won with imps claiming his dungeon slowly...
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    Original Campaign-
    I can't say... maybe level 20 cause what you said (And the huge invasion at the end, but that's half the fun... manipulating them to the enemy... hah!)
    Yes, I always felt the last battle was a little bit anti-climax because it was obvious where the enemy would spawn and it was easy to prepare and defend from. They should have left bouldertraps and lighting traps out of the last level.
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; October 23rd, 2009 at 19:08.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper: I have a few, mainly the 11-20 section of the campaign. Namely 12, 14, 18 and 20. Elves Dance (12) is quite boring and the text tells you that the heroes to the south are strong, despite being all level1. (level error?) Sleepyborough (14) is badly built. Blaise End (18) was frustrating beyond belief (I claimed the portal, but blocked it off with a locked door, restricted my creature amount to 20, and used the spare as weakening the enemy) and Skybird Trill (20) was fun with the avatar, but was thoroughly frustrating because of the enemy keeper killing me 49/50 times.
    Deeper Dungeons: I have only been able to run this enough for beating level 1. (I have read a walkthrough for the DD's and 3, 11 and 13 sound insane!)

DD
    I donĀ“t like Dixaroc, but had no problem winning it.

DK
    I dislike level 20, because it goes tilt more than not.
    I dislike 4 of the Specials levels very much. I played out only 2 of the 5 Specials levels. But I play for fun, not by having more problems than washing my dishes.

The Moon level is the worst level ever.
    Can I say that here?
    Last edited by dragonfist; November 7th, 2009 at 23:52.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfist View Post
    The Moon level is the worst level ever.
    Can I say that here?
    If so I agree.

Otherwise, Tulipscent. You can just barge into the blue dungeon instantly, have the alarm traps of the opponent keep his high leveled orcs busy while you're destroying his heart.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Consoles Suck XFIRE ID: Searingflame2 Steam ID: Admortis

Otherwise, Tulipscent. You can just barge into the blue dungeon instantly, have the alarm traps of the opponent keep his high leveled orcs busy while you're destroying his heart.
    Lol, you're right, i just finished that level in 2:53 (making sure to get the transfer creature for my faithful Horny, of course. I've had him since level 9 - i'm doing a speed run!)

Other then that, Blaise End EASILY. Biggest load of shibbits of a level, in my opinion. To be quite honest i SUCK and this one takes me a millenia + 10mins after hell freezes over.

Imp

The final level of Deeper Dungeons is something else indeed. If you've seen the walkthroughs on my DK Millennium site, you'll notice one for that map is still missing after more than a year, because I just can't get up the will power to slog through that map again with the aim of doing a write-up on it.

It certainly doesn't help either that the script is completely broken. This leaves me with a major dilemma - do I do a write-up for the map as-is, with it messed up, or should I do a write-up for the map with a fixed script? Does it even make enough difference?

The level is just poorly designed IMO. You're supposed to have to tear down the Avatar's castle, and instead, his dwarves tear it all down for you. You can block all the heroes out of your dungeon and smash them all with boulder traps. What a boring conclusion to an otherwise excellent expansion pack.

Imp

Level 16 no contest lol... all levels before that are a breeze... though have to play lv 17-20 and deeper dungeon yet.