Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Horned Reaper

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default The Horned Reaper

I'm curious, what exactly do we know about Horny, and Horned Reapers in general? And I also have a theory that Horny did appear in DK1. But I'd like to know more.

Horny-

In the last level, inside the Avatar's castle, you find a level 10 Horned Reaper. I am guessing this is Horny. He could also be the Horned Reaper in the videos.

Horny must have desired to destroy the Avatar, and fought against him but was defeated and imprisoned. He was then tortured for information, until you rescued him. He then decided to join you in the combined desire to slay the Avatar.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Default Re: The Horned Reaper

I doubt the Horned Reapers in Skybird had anything to do with the Horny in DK2. I simply think the developpers WANTED to add the icon of Dungeon in the final battle because the only way to summon Horned Reapers, via sacraficing was unavailable because you coudn't get mistresses. And because Horned Reapers train slow they coudn't bother to place a low level one.

I will add the rest of my thoughts about Horned Reapers later.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Ragereaver View Post
    I doubt the Horned Reapers in Skybird had anything to do with the Horny in DK2. I simply think the developpers WANTED to add the icon of Dungeon in the final battle
    I know that, but there isn't an official story on what happened between DK1/DK2 with the Horned Reapers, so we have to make one up. What I stated is simply made up, yet (Hopefully) believable. As a side note, it is funny when you have a level 1 Horned Reaper sleeping in his lair next to a level 10.

Please do tell of your thoughts, though, I really am curious on how much information can be gathered on the Horned Reaper. I'll right down more of my thoughts when I organize them a bit more.

Tesonu is napping!

I think the main question about horned reapers is that should it be one ultra powerful summoning creature or an entire rare race

Quote Originally Posted by natchoguy View Post
    I think the main question about horned reapers is that should it be one ultra powerful summoning creature or an entire rare race
    The point of this is not ingame but to find out how much we know about Horned Reapers in general.

Tesonu is napping!

Well, I know 3 things

1.) horned reapers love to kill

2.) Horned reapers are only acsesable through temple sacrafices

3.) <insert another thing>

3) they can not not kill anything in less than a minute

4) like your imps they are made of mana (EVIL MANA!) because they can only be obtained by summoning/temple sacrifice and in DK2 do not leave bodies (Well, he leaves the realm but so what?)

I'll might address the nature of horny in some chapters of the Rp, it would be cool to have him as a prominent figure in it.

And Obviously Grim is his far more successful friend for Reaper college.

In DK2 he is shown to be intelligent and plotting, not a dumb brute at all: he's the one that collects all the gems.

Horny certainly is motivated to getting into the over world.

And, the mentor (Who we know even less about) seem to trust Horny with our gems, in fact, as he allows Horny and not you to hold them it seems like the Mentor trusts horny more than you.

Although it's difficult to belie Horny is in league with the Mentor, as Horny does not seem to be the sort of thing that would enter a partnership, and we need to collect the talisman before we can summon him anywho.

How is the Talisman related to Horny anywho? Was it built to banish him (The last of the Horned Reapers) and then scattered across the land so that it could not be rebuilt to re summon him?

ALSO! When your dungeon heart is first made in a real it shows Horny's symbol on the ground where your heart brakes through. How is your individual Dungeon Keeper Voodoo connected to him? Some body (presumidly the Mentor) gave you a grater connection to Horny in DK2 than other keepers might have.

Possibly theory!

The Mentor's end is actually to get him self a body, and he's been manipulating Dungeon Keepers up and down the underworld for centuries to build him self a strong enough host. Horny is this desired host.

The Mentor bistowes some guy with Dungeon Keeper status with a deeper connection to Horny than most, and helps him conqueror the whole of what's-that-place; re fore the Horny talisman, and enter the over world.

Remember "Land is power, keeper" by having you control the whole of the underworld you can summon Horny to be all the more strong. And maybe some where in the over world the mentor has set up his Give Me Your Body ritual.

Quote Originally Posted by Who-horny View Post
    Possibly theory!

The Mentor's end is actually to get him self a body, and he's been manipulating Dungeon Keepers up and down the underworld for centuries to build him self a strong enough host. Horny is this desired host.

The Mentor bistowes some guy with Dungeon Keeper status with a deeper connection to Horny than most, and helps him conqueror the whole of what's-that-place; re fore the Horny talisman, and enter the over world.

Remember "Land is power, keeper" by having you control the whole of the underworld you can summon Horny to be all the more strong. And maybe some where in the over world the mentor has set up his Give Me Your Body ritual.
    That actually sounds like a great idea to use for WftO.

Tesonu is napping!