Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Succubus

Default Re: Succubus

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    I wonder what you'll think of the Dungeon Keeper Succubus.
    Are there any actual pics of it so far? I quite like the one on the first page (apart from that face, hahah :P).

Is the concept on the first page still accurate? I don't know how far it's progressed since then, I've only recently started following this project and a lot of these threads are confusing due to edits and pictures that stopped working.

If it is, I feel like it looks a lot like a Mistress with wings. I would worry about the readability when in the isometric view.

Yeah, the concept art is already quite different from what's on the first post here. But I don't think there'll be problems seeing the difference between Mistresses and Succubi in isometric view anyway.

The Awakening

Well, readability isn't so much about seeing the difference as it is about seeing what's going on as fast as possible. If a lot of creatures use the same color palette or have similar silhouettes, and you move your view across a battlefield, you'll have a lot more trouble seeing what's going on. It can also become easier or harder to read due to screen resolution or other graphic settings. If you have two blurs of similar shapes and colors, you're more likely to mistake one for the other if you have two clearly rendered creatures of similar shapes and colors, which of course means that the person with the better gaming machine has an unfair advantage.

Just my two cents. And anyway, if it's been changed like you said, it's a moot point.

The Mistress has bright red hair which stands out and the succubus doesn't, so I don't think it'll be much of a problem.

The Awakening

Fair enough, I'll take your word for it. Still, readability is something the devs of WftO might want to think about when designing or modeling and texturing creatures, if they haven't already. Especially considering everything takes place in a dungeon where everything is likely going to be a bit darker and muddied for atmosphere.