Thread: Save the Savior

Spider

Default Save the Savior

Playing the Good Campaign, and got to 'Save the Savior' level. Beaten the enemy keepers, and the whole level is mine, but no victory declared. Looked at the script, and it said I win when I own an Avatar. But I never saw one! The prion at the top of the level was open & empty. I think the green keeper was very aggressive, and he broke into the (allied) blue dungeon early on, and attacked me through the blue dungeon. From torture of his creatures I saw quite early on that the prison was empty. I don't know what happened to the avatar, but in the logfile it said something about kinky torture as a job, which is odd, as he was unallied player so if green broke down his own door to the prison, he'd have been a green avatar wouldn't he? For info, I defeated blue, and then used armageddon to defeat green (I didn't see an avatar at the time). Not sure if that's relevant.

I decided to re-play the level. I modified the script to KeeperFX enable it, and make the whole map visible so I can see what's going on. Unfortunately, the ally_players script is now broken as KeeperFX has the extra parameter to switch alliances on and off, so blue & green were enemies. Green quite quickly conquered blue, and realising what had happened I abandoned the level.

I know Mefisto has made some changes to the computer player's behavior, and I'm wondering if this has caused green to break down his own door? Or is it just creatures becoming angry? Green has nowhere to expand his dungeon at all, surrounded by impenetrable rock, and next to an allied dungeon.

Anyway, I need to re-try the levele again to see whether the avatar survives. If he doesn't the level can never be completed.

Happy Christmas all!

Dayo

Spider

Default Re: Save the Savior

Just re-played, and it's verified. A blue Orc knocks the door down to the prison containing the unallied Avatar. Interestingly, the Avatar vanishes, and doesn't end up in either the green or blue dungeon. Anyone know why this is? I assumed if a blue Orc knocked the door down, the Avatar would join the blue keeper?

Anyway, it would seem this level is now broken.

Dayo

Warlock

What about putting the Avatar's prison behind a guard post and a lava tile?

Spider

Flying creatures could still release him. Maybe if the avatar was owned by player0 and imprisoned, it wouldn't matter if the door was broken down? This has been used in a few levels if I recall. Would need to remove the armageddon spell.

Mapmaker

If he belonged to Player0 to begin with, it would mean the criteria IF(PLAYER0,AVATAR>0) would be met at the beginning of the level, defeating the point of hiding him within the enemy dungeon. Maybe concealing the Avatar off in impenetrable rock then cause the need to call Armageddon to claim him would be more successful?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrmcast View Post
    Is this true? When I played KeeperFX (though it's been at least about a year I think) I don't recall flying creatures managing to get past the guard-post-on-the-coast trick unless I possessed them to fly over the guard post myself. Am I just remembering this wrong or was this changed in a recent version?
    Currently this is the case - but it should be treated as a bug, and I'm hoping to change it sooner or later.

Spider

I'm not sure that is a bug. I'd expect flying creatures to get over a guard-post?

Seems like a reason to rush through this level with a transfered creature. I took a Horny from the last level and headed directly for the Avatar. With him and Horny it´s also easy to defeat the two enemy keepers. But it´s not necessary to transfer the Avatar as in the next level there is already one.