Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: No mouse cursor

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Default No mouse cursor

It's just to report that some people and members on forums I visit STILL encounter an invisible/absent mouse cursor at the level selection screen (the overview of the land). I was wondering if this could be fixed soon.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Default Re: No mouse cursor

Do lots of people have it?

I can't find any coding error.

The cursor seems to work fine on my machine.

This means it's hard for me to fix this. I mean, how to fix an error if I can't see if it's fixed or not?

The last debug version logs some info every time the cursor is set - could anyone make the log file when the cursor is gone?
    Last edited by mefistotelis; October 26th, 2009 at 22:12.

This problem needs to be fixed, it also happens during gameplay and renders the game unplayable, it ramdomly happens and when it does it seems like the game will no longer accept cursor movement and only clicking seems to respond, the only way to fix this right now is restart the application. Also how do you force the game to make a log as the log dosen't seem to be changing.
    Last edited by Hyzoran; November 7th, 2009 at 03:41.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyzoran View Post
    how do you force the game to make a log as the log dosen't seem to be changing.
    You must download the debug version and overwrite original keeperfx.exe and .dll with it.

Yeah, I've encountered this problem too. Any suggestions on how to stop and/or avoid it

EDIT: If this helps any, this is the log file of everything that happend up to the curser dissapearing: http://www.box.net/shared/fg6lgux6s7
    Last edited by dk2player; November 8th, 2009 at 17:28.

I checked the log; I can see that offset used for mouse cursors was first at 0124F9B2 (land selection), then went to 012232C6 (that must be start of the game), and then it suddenly jumped to 07361464.

When the cursor disappeared? Was it near end of the logging?
    Maybe it was when you switched resolution?

I changed resolution at the beginning of the level. then I played through, and it wasn't untill after my lair was built that the mouse dissapeared. but I could still click, just not move it.

and after it dissapeared, then I exited out.

I bought a Computer some days ago, having Vista.
    It was not possible to install Dungeon Keeper.
    Than I would read some advice, that KeeperFX runs Dungeon Keeper on Vista. I tried it, unzipped it over a non working Dungeon Keeper installation in Vista, and it worked! Me happy, that was soon destroyed, by this mouse problem. That I encountered, when I accessed Play Free Levels. Where not only no mouse, but also no levels where visible. So I installed a level set having *.lif, also didn't work. No levels to see in Free Play Levels. *.lif is a Deeper Dungeons format and is also used by the Editor. I had pasted my complete levels map into the keeper directory though.

But I can't use KeeperFX. Although KeeperFX can handle Dungeon Keeper, because except for the mouse, KeeperFX makes Dungeon Keeper work 100% in Vista. I wonder if there is an older version of KeeperFX, that doesn't have the mouse bug. I must say though, on my previous XP Computer, that is broken now, I played KeeperFX a lot, and there is also a problem with the mouse disappearing there, when it was made to become the hand of Evil. Like when throwing Imps in the Temple or Creatures in front of a door. Any how, I also tried to play a Campaign with KeeperFX in Vista, there also the mouse disappeared. Funny thing, my previous computer broke down, because the mouse gave up, but I would buy a new mouse, the mouse also gave up in Windows XP

In Interviews I would read that this "Hand of Evil" was inplemented later in the Game.
    If there is an older KeeperFX version that works on Vista, I would like very much to hear from that.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonfist View Post
    I bought a Computer some days ago, having Vista.
    It was not possible to install Dungeon Keeper.
    Than I would read some advice, that KeeperFX runs Dungeon Keeper on Vista. I tried it, unzipped it over a non working Dungeon Keeper installation in Vista, and it worked! Me happy, that was soon destroyed, by this mouse problem. That I encountered, when I accessed Play Free Levels. Where not only no mouse, but also no levels where visible. So I installed a level set having *.lif, also didn't work. No levels to see in Free Play Levels. *.lif is a Deeper Dungeons format and is also used by the Editor. I had pasted my complete levels map into the keeper directory though.

But I can't use KeeperFX. Although KeeperFX can handle Dungeon Keeper, because except for the mouse, KeeperFX makes Dungeon Keeper work 100% in Vista. I wonder if there is an older version of KeeperFX, that doesn't have the mouse bug. I must say though, on my previous XP Computer, that is broken now, I played KeeperFX a lot, and there is also a problem with the mouse disappearing there, when it was made to become the hand of Evil. Like when throwing Imps in the Temple or Creatures in front of a door. Any how, I also tried to play a Campaign with KeeperFX in Vista, there also the mouse disappeared. Funny thing, my previous computer broke down, because the mouse gave up, but I would buy a new mouse, the mouse also gave up in Windows XP

In Interviews I would read that this "Hand of Evil" was inplemented later in the Game.
    If there is an older KeeperFX version that works on Vista, I would like very much to hear from that.
    You don't need to rely on KeeperFx to get Dungeon Keeper to work on Vista, I got it to work fine, by not running it in compatability mode at all because when i ran it in compatability mode it would not work, But here are the list of solutions that might help:

Try running it in Compatability mode for Win 95, Win 98, or Win 2000.
    Try doing the DEP trick.
    Try Using Microsoft Application Compatability Toolkit
    Try Using KeeperFx (Checked out in your case.)
    Try not Running the game in compatability mode
    Try "Run as Admin."
    If all else fails, Try Dosbox and use the Dos version of the game. (Not reccomended as the Dos version has hell alot less features than the win version.)

Hope this helps until the mouse problem is solved.