Thread: Exiled Keeper - Upcoming Campaign

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Tyrant Cenobyte PSN ID: Tyrant-Cenobyte

Default Exiled Keeper - Upcoming Campaign

Exiled Keeper is my first foray into creating a campaign for KeeperFX, playing by it's rules.

I originally began to develop a campaign a few years back, before the time of KeeperFX but unfortunately I never got the opportunity to finish it.

As it stands now, the levels below are completed, but are not scripted. I am a bit of a novice when it comes to scripting and I was wondering, if anyone will have some spare time in the next few months to help collaborate. I can do what I can with some of the script for the campaign entirety, but would essentially need an expert to help me. For your efforts you will be credited as necessary.

In terms of difficulty, the overall theme of the campaign is resurgence, therefore you progressively venture the campaign, with some difficulty spikes early on but ultimately culminating into a frenzied, challenging final chapter.

I have nearly finished writing out the lore behind the campaign and the stories within each level and will share them all soon, for now I've included little blurbs for the near-finished below to whet your appetites. I intend to flesh out each campaign with various messages, information and story, so this won't just be a sterile experience. The world-map is also in progress along with voice-overs to accompany before and after each level completed.

1.) Sarakia Dam
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1sarakiadam.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	1251
    "The heroes have succeeded in imploding one of their grand lakes which resides on the surface, causing catastrophic damage to one of our last strongholds in this northern corner of the realm, Sarakia Dam. With the walls now floating debris and all of our rooms in the drink, we are anticpating a siege from all sides. During the cave-in, the Workshop and all of the room schematics and defence designs have been lost and we are not at liberty to repair damages. With creatures from the surrouding areas flocking to you in search of refuge, be cautious of accomodation issues and rivalries between your minions. The last thing you'll want, Keeper, is your minions fighting between themselves when the heroes, satisfied with the damage they've caused, will descend into this realm to mop us what remains."

2.) Kilcorna Cove

Name:	2kilcornacove.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	1252
    "With Sarakia Dam secure from the heroes for now, you've dispatched a small unit of minions on a scouting ship to travel through the fabled Kilcorna Cove. Legends assume a ruined Temple was constructed in the rocks of these cliffs which houses scripture. Scripture that in the hands of your Warlock's could be interpreted into an inherent spell that could free the subterranean from the waters above. Make haste though Keeper as a hero battleship has been spotted to the south, spend your finite resources wisely, as the rocks of this cove are almost free of gold. Prioritize in training your troops and expanding their lairs, as it's been quite cramped for those on-board. Spend too much however, and you'll no longer have the means to bridge towards the docked hero ship. Balance is paramount for you to succeed, Keeper."

3.) Wraithshore

Name:	3wraithshore.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	1253
    "Coming Soon"

4.) Kareigna Isle

Name:	4kareignaisle.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	1254
    "Coming Soon"

5.) Ore Infernalis

Name:	5oreinfernalis.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	1255
    "Coming Soon"

6.) Kor Infernalis

Name:	6korinfernalis.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	133.9 KB 
ID:	1256
    "Coming Soon"

7.) Thrice Tombs

Name:	7thricetombs.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	1257
    "Coming Soon"

8.) Glacial Lore

Name:	8glaciallore.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	96.5 KB 
ID:	1258
    "Coming Soon"

9.) Lament Archive

Name:	9lamentarchive.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	1259
    "Coming Soon"

10.) Kolisseuma

Name:	10kolisseuma.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	108.9 KB 
ID:	1260
    "Coming Soon"

11.) Ravensthorne
    12.) Moordannah
    13.) Scarquill
    14.) Reventos
    15.) Miokarn Valley
    16.) The Bloodmage
    16.) Hathscorn
    17.) Darkwich Wood
    18.) Hallowed Creek
    19.) Temptalia
    20.) Nomad Plain
    21.) Holy Catacomb
    22.) The Kathedral
    23.) Edenian Keep

I'm getting back to work with this campaign just after the new year, but if there is anyone who would like to express their desire to help script this campaign, then please feel free to let me know and we can begin in the next week or so. Thank you.

Spider

Default Re: Exiled Keeper - Upcoming Campaign

I am happy to help with script writing.

Gamer IDs

Excellent, thank you. I'll be in touch with you after the New Year.

Mapmaker

Likewise I could also help. I've wrote over 300 levels for my own personal use over the years.

Hi there. How did development of Exiled Keeper go in the end?

That looks great, but i think the work stopped. What a pity.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Cadellin View Post
    Hi there. How did development of Exiled Keeper go in the end?
    Hey there!

Well I actually got a lot further with this campaign than what was posted here. All of the maps were designed and I added a few more on top. I also had finished writing all the text and lore for the overall campaign and each individual level.

The issue I had was that a lot of the maps became too ambitious and given the limited tools of KFX at the time and my own personal knowledge of scripting (2013), it unfortunately fell through and I got overtaken with other things in life.

It is definitely a project I want to return too. There have been significant improvements and advancements to KFX that may now make some of my crazy ideas a reality now, it would just essentially boil down to when I'd have time to dedicate to getting back to the project. DK is my all time favourite game so there is no way I'd never get back to finishing this, it is just in development hell for now haha. I think once a few more breakthroughs are finalised and implemented into KFX then I'll return to the campaign. It was quite a fun story I thought at the time and some of the level ideas were quite innovative if I do say so myself. This will eventually see the light of day. I know it's been 7 years now (crazy) but it will get finished... one day!

I'm glad to hear it proceeded further; I'd definitely love to play it when it is eventually ready.