Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: KeeperFX CCP

Default KeeperFX CCP

The progress:

If you wish to contribute - hurry!
    Not much time remains before the final release!

More info:
    http://keeper.lubie.org/html/dk_keeperfx_ccp.php
    http://z9.invisionfree.com/Keeper_Kl...showtopic=2603
    Last edited by mefistotelis; October 27th, 2009 at 19:41.

Default Re: KeeperFX CCP

Good thing you took out Extreme Dungeon. I installed these levels this year, tried some, I found them just to horrible to play. These Ancient Dungeons are very great maps though, I played about half of them some 10 years ago. They take up a lot of time to play, and as said in the description, it's more like puzzles than Dungeon Keeper. Nikolai's castles are also fun, especially the first time when played. Dzjeear's 25 level campaign is very great, I was compleet impressed when I played them the first time. He has put his own story with his campaign, many people will enjoy it. Burdened Imp are also great levels, nice balance between easy and hard, but most go tilt easy, and one of these levels I was not able to play, Waterspring River, because the engine goes bezerk form the start, because there are to many fortified walls and traps. They are so nice though, that I would agree with the risk that they hang, and play them again. The KDK levels I played several times this year, they are very great real Dungeon Keeper style maps, very very stable, none went tilt. I had to repair level 9 in KDK though, Flies in the net. An Unded bug is there with the door where the first heroes are. You might want to update that map in Adikted, before you publish it.

The destiny of the Ninja I found terrible. No lair, no imps, no bridges, 2 samurai that kill each other off once they become angry, but maybe some one else likes them. Twin Keepers is the most awe some campaign ever. Not all levels are great, but so well done, I love those levels. Real Dungeon Keeper they are, with a Japanese Budo character. The other Japanese level pack is fun, because they are so easy. They will be great in KeeperFX, because you can skip levels there...

I hope your website stays online. I want to make a campaign, but I'm not sure whether it will be finished this winter. I would get inspiration for it some 2 weeks ago, and started sketching yesterday. I'm working on a Campaign extending the story of the level I made this year. I made that level to hard I think, I haven't even won it myself in the final version...

Ok, will check that KDK level.(edit: fixed it! you were right!)

It will be easy to add new campaigns to KeeperFX CCP, so you should be able to add your campaign without problems.
    Last edited by mefistotelis; November 15th, 2009 at 08:46.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: dragonslover

Yeah, Extreme Keeper (and Ultimate Dungeon Killer) aren't really campaigns, but new levels to play. I corrected those levels and will soon make them available, with a nice total of 111 new unbroken levels!

As for Evil Keeper, I'm doing my best to get a free time.
    I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Gamer IDs

UP!

Just a question : What's "Speaker Intro Script" already?

Now, I'm gonna work to do the English In-Game Plot and Messages of Evil Keeper. And later, I'll do the English voices.

"Speaker Intro Script" is the text script for level introductions.
    It is marked "+/-" because you said that you have it, but you have never sent it to me.

If you ask me, the spoken level introductions are more importand than in-game messages.
    But it's your choice.

Gamer IDs

Okay. Well, if you want it, I can send it to you. All the sentences have been translated by a friend of mine.

I'd like to do the voices, but the screen of my computer is now dead, and I must wait for another one to be able to work and record.

Also, I have something else to suggest, I don't know if it's done already in KeeperFX : I know that you used dd1text.dat for the in-game texts. Could you separate it in two different text data files : one for the in-game messages for the campaign and one for the general texts (main menu, tooltips) so that, when you do a new campaign, you don't have to send the text data file that also contain the general texts, but just the texts reserved to the campaign, and all that in different languages?
    I ask this, because it becomes a bit complicated for doing so many text.dat/dd1text.dat files for every campaign I'm correcting actually in both French and English languages. How does it work for now?

Quote Originally Posted by DragonsLover View Post
    I know that you used dd1text.dat for the in-game texts. Could you separate it in two different text data files : one for the in-game messages for the campaign and one for the general texts (main menu, tooltips) so that, when you do a new campaign, you don't have to send the text data file that also contain the general texts, but just the texts reserved to the campaign, and all that in different languages?
    The campaign texts ARE separated from GUI texts for the game.
    But in original KeeperFX there's only original campaign, and this campaign have texts set to the same files as GUI texts, so it's not noticeable.

Try changing [strings] section in the "keeporig.cfg" - you will notice that only the in-game messages will change.

The 'campaign' strings are used for level names, objectives and information messages. Credits file may use the campaign texts too, but originally it doesn't. I'm thinking about expanding their use to names of creatures, spells, traps & doors, rooms - but I'm not completely sure it it's a good idea.

Everything else, like menu texts, tooltips etc will be used from 'gui' texts, which are always fxdata/gtext_<lang>.dat, and their names can't be changed.

This is how the [strings] section looks in my "Evil Keeper" campaign:
    Code:
    ; Text strings file used for ingame info messages and objectives (not for GUI)
    ; The file can contain up to 1024 strings, separated by null character.
    ; If there's no file for current language, then first entry is selected by default.
    ; If your campaign supports only one language, you may comment out all lines but one.
    ; If the campaign doesn't use custom strings file, then leave this section unchanged.
    [strings]
    ENG = campgns/evilkeep/text_eng.dat
    FRE = campgns/evilkeep/text_fre.dat
    GER = campgns/evilkeep/text_ger.dat
    If you're using experimental KeeperFX CCP, I could send you the whole Evil Keeper campaign ready to use.
    Last edited by mefistotelis; November 26th, 2009 at 22:12.

Progress:

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Will players easily be able to change/add their own campaigns?
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!