Thread: Instant Gas

Default Instant Gas

Description: Summons a cloud of deadily gass on a place that does damage over time to your enemies, it can hurt also your own creatures that are near by. Naturally those who are immune for gass, like bile demons, won't get effected by this spell.

Damage potential: Low-medium, since it does damage over time, it would not kill enemies as fast Keepers would like to see them, and it's unlikely the enemy will stay at the position for this spell to reach his full potential damage. Also that this cloud hurts your creatures aswel is a hiderance.

Ps: if this idea is taken under consideration, a better name can be debated.

I was on the fence about this one, but it is too much like the gas trap so sadly it will be moved here - Kyle
    Last edited by kyle; October 19th, 2010 at 18:39.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Default Re: [Spell] Instant Gass

Hm. The problem is, they all should differ in some way. For example. What difference except visual graphics from Fire Burst trap? same DoT. I suggest adding a stun over time, and making less damage. Imagine a group of enemies hitting the trap and poof! Fire in the hole! Flashbang! They are stunned and/or barely moving (Attack speed and defence ratings may be affected) and your brave squad rushes in and wipes them out while they are helpless.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

I was a bit worried it might look a bit on the 'Inferno' spell from DK2. But I would classify this spell as a lower offensive level compared to the 'Inferno' one.

I'm a bit... well not exactly sure how to say it, skeptical about a secondary ability. What about a weak damage over time that lasts for serveral seconds AFTER leaving the cloud?

Download it here!

Download it here!

Hm, only if it takes like 1/3 of creature's life. If it takes like 1 petal, why bother building =) You see, the main point is not to make it super uber powerful,. it has to be plain useful, not like make-and-forget. You have it but youd never use cuz it's crap. We have to think carefully about each spel so that we WOULD like to use it. not like Blah, Gass trap is like 1500 but it's crap, so I wait till I have 3000 to build Inferno.

Default Re: Instant Gas

From what I understand I don't think you realize this is a SPELL, not a TRAP.
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; August 31st, 2009 at 07:57.

Download it here!

Download it here!

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Ragereaver View Post
    From what I understand I don't think you realize this is a SPELL, not a TRAP.
    (Covers under a rock)

I'm sorry.

It's okay mate. Better late than never.
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; August 31st, 2009 at 09:29.

Download it here!

Download it here!

I have an idea, how about a spell that makes an enemy creature have flatulance. It would cause damage to the creature it is cast on and stun it, and cause lesser gas damage to nearby creatures. It could be cast anywhere, so you could use Sigh of Evil and then cast it on a creature in an enemy Keeper's dungeon. And if you cast it on an enemy Bile Demon there could be a bonus to damage or area of effect. So the main difference between this inferno would be that it can be cast anywhere for weaker damage and a stun on a creature. Also it would be funny...

If you're going to use DK1 version of lightning spell or use the DK1 tremor spell this spell might be redundant though.

I wouldn't mind if this replaced the lightning spell. It would be a lot fairer compared to an instant strike burst damage spell.