Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gatherings Day

Default Re: Gatherings Day

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    DK2 can't work with Windows7.
    What, not at all? Because that makes no sense, since I've been running it on Windows7 ever since I reinstalled it a few weeks back.

Hell, it didn't even give me any trouble compared to the shit I through getting other, less old games to work. (Between Knights of the Old Republic II and Black & White, this game was ridiculously easy to get to work).

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Funderbunk View Post
    What, not at all? Because that makes no sense, since I've been running it on Windows7 ever since I reinstalled it a few weeks back.

Hell, it didn't even give me any trouble compared to the shit I through getting other, less old games to work. (Between Knights of the Old Republic II and Black & White, this game was ridiculously easy to get to work).
    Maybe I confused it with DK1. Though I do know a several people who can't get DK2 to work because of Windows7. It could be to certain settings as DK2 is very picky if I recall correctly.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

That may be true, I couldn't get DK1 to work at all until I stumbled on Keeper FX (which is what led me here in the first place).

Imp
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: MeiHu

It does actually. I played DK2 on my desktop back home.
    It took a few tries to sort things out but it works.

Anyway, my question was with how to do that networking thing on Hamachi. I've yet to fumble around with Game Ranger but Tunggle seems easy enough to use.
    All I need help with at the moment is how to get Hamachi set up since Win7 control panel stuff is different from the other OS control panel layouts.

Hey, old time member here who some of you may or may not remember. I occasionally get emails telling me people have downloaded the 1.7 patch file I host on box.net which finally prompted me to head back here. Anyway I just wondered if these things were still going, I tried joining the network and it looked dead, and I don't at a glance see any obvious signs of a scheduled gathering day, but if they are still going I'd love to hop on board and see how much evil/competence I have left in me

So, is this gathering day still going on ?

This place seems dead.....

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
    This place seems dead.....
    The DKII section is fairly dead, yeah. Both in a direct and also relative/indirect manner. Most people who post just pass and go, only coming on to ask a question about multiplayer or something. Most activity comes from KeeperFX and the forum RP.

Tesonu is napping!

So ... is there anyone that still wants this gathering day to happen ? (besides me)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom4z View Post
    So ... is there anyone that still wants this gathering day to happen ? (besides me)
    Not me. I still play DKII but only when I arrange games with another on days we're both capable and willing to play. There aren't enough players to have an event like this, and people are too busy for there to be any one day where even half of them can play. Perhaps stick around and get to know people a bit more before attempting to arrange a game with them.

Personally, I don't play the original game anymore. I only play a balanced patch I made. I really hate the original game due to its severe flaws, despite how much nostalgia it holds for me.

Tesonu is napping!