Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gatherings Day

Default Gatherings Day

What is a Gathering Day?

It's become really hard to find multiplayer opponents on Dungeon Keeper 2 these days, the official servers are down and the number of active players have decreased. So we've decided to hold a Gathering Day at least once every month. Basically a Gathering Day (GD) is a day when we all gather on the forum and on a specially created Hamachi network to play and talk about Dungeon Keeper 2. This means you're guaranteed to find people to play DK2 online with on a GD!

How do I get involved?

In order to play DK2 online you'll need to make sure your game is version 1.7 and you'll also need to join our Hamachi network. Once you're in the network you can chat to other online players and can arrange to play a game (ie: agree who'll host and then copy the host's IP address into your Address Book in the multiplayer lobby).

Hamachi
    • Download Hamachi 1.0.2.5 from the Hamachi website and install it.
    • Go to the Control Panel (Click Start > Control panel) and in classic view double click on Network Connections.
    • Go to Advanced > Advanced Settings. A window should open and in the top section (under Adapters and Bindings, it should open on Adapters and Bindings anyway) put Hamachi to the top of the list and click OK. This is for Windows XP, it shouldn't be too differant for other versions of Windows.
    • Once you've done this you can join the Gathering Day network by starting up Hamachi and clicking the little triangle symbol and then click 'Join an existing network' and type in the following details when prompted.
    • Network name: Gathering Day
    • Password: skegsis
    There you'll be able to chat with online members, and you'll be able to arrange matches with them.
    • How to play DK2 online - a guide (coming soon)
    Important: Hamachi 1.0.2.5 configuration.

Recent versions of Hamachi have been interfering with DK2 multiplayer, but Dark Angel and Sparda have found out how to play DK2 using the latest Hamachi version (1.0.2.5). After downloading and installing the latest version, here's what you'll need to do:
    • Go to your Control Panel (Click Start > Control panel)
    • Double click Network Connections
    • Go to Advanced > Advanced Settings
    • A window should open and under Adapters & Bindings put Hamachi to the top of the list.
    • You may want to have Hamachi at the top of the list only whilst you're playing DK2.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Version 1.7

So that we're all on the same version of DK2, you'll need to patch your game if you're on an earlier version.Keeper David Patch

It seems that the Dungeon Keeper 2 default exe file causes a lot of multiplayer crashes, and a no-cd crack does reduce the crashability of DK2 online, so a lot of members use the Keeper David Patch (a no-cd crack). If you download it, you're advised to move your original DK2 exe file to another folder - so you can swap them back and forth when need be.
    • Download the Keeper David Patch (KPD) - Only if you own a copy of the game.
    • Simply move the no-cd exe into your Dungeon Keeper 2 folder (Wherever you installed the game > Bullfrog > Dungeon Keeper 2)
    • And when you want to play the game you'll need to go into the DK2 folder and double click the no-cd exe.
    I hope to see you on the network soon!
    Last edited by Duke Ragereaver; August 30th, 2009 at 18:39.

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Dungeon Keeper I campaign: Post Undead Keeper
    Download it here!

Default Re: Gatherings Day

here's a guide to add:

How to play By dk2player

This is a adiquite guide that many noobs can find before going online. This'll make you seem like a pro when you try to host a game, 'cause you'll know what your doing.

Step 1: Download Hamchi/Install Dungeon Keeper II/ Update Dungeon Keeper II to 1.7

Step 2: Update Dungeon Keeper II to 1.73. it is an unoffical patch, so you will not see the numbers "1.73" in your game. But trust me, it works. Most of us use it, so you must too. Just treat it as a crack.
    Put it in (assuming C: is where you installed the game) C:/Program Files/Bullfrog/Dungeon Keeper II.

Step 3: Put Hamahci at the top of your conection list.
    Open Control Panel> Open Network> Go up to advance tab (next to file)> Open Advance Settings> Highlight Hamahci and click the green arrow up.

NOTE: If you try to play other games online, you may need to close hamachi or put hamachi back at the bottom, or you will get connection problems

Step 4: Join any server avalible.

Step 5: Find someone to join/host a game.

Step 6: For those Hosting: You must stay in the game. Wait 8-10 minutes, and if no one shows up, then check to see what's wrong. Leaving the game will cause major problems.
    For those Joining: Search for the game in TCP/IP. Look at the troubleshoot for problems

Step 7: Try to avoid crashing, AND HAVE EVIL FUN C :<
    Trobleshooting:

Hosting:
    Guys just left- Rehost. You crashed without noticing. I told you not to leave the game.
    I.P. Address isn't the same as Hamachi- Go back to Step 3

For Joining:
    Can't Find: Go back to Step 3.
    Can't join: Go back to Step 2.
    I get in, then says host not responding- Host left the game. Try getting another game up.
    Max Players=0- Tell everyone to restart DKII and Hamachi.

When Playing:
    Acts like we won when we start match- Try a diffrent map
    Game Crahsed- Don't: Talk with TAB, Use to many creatures on a map, Have 0 gold/mana, leave the game, ECT
    Do: Talk with the ally button right next to the objective button, Check to make sure everyone has gold and mana, even the comps, stay in the game, ect...
    Last edited by dk2player; September 7th, 2009 at 04:06.

Want a 50 Slot Hamachi Server for this instead of (what I can assume is) a 16 slot.

You of course gain Administrator level on the Network.

It took me to LogMeIn. I didn't say anything about Hamachi.

I am idling on this one (as it is one of the few that isn't called "Full").

I don't see anyway to talk with other people beyond chatting with them alone.

Anyone up for a game?

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: nmjayjay Steam ID: NmJayJay

you can right click on the room and click chat to talk to everyone i think. im on the dungeon master hamachi server and i'll play when im online

Imp
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: MeiHu

I'm using Win7 so I dunno how to do this

Quote Originally Posted by Yoghurt View Post
    I'm using Win7 so I dunno how to do this
    Is there any relevant difference in Windows 7?

The Awakening

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mothrayas View Post
    Is there any relevant difference in Windows 7?
    DK2 can't work with Windows7.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Gear Rex View Post
    DK2 can't work with Windows7.
    Huh, surprising I've never heard about it before then.

The Awakening