Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: MULTIPLAYER RULES

Default MULTIPLAYER RULES

It's time for us to make a general concept of what we assume as "multiplayer rules".

Think about the game as a whole. Try not to include your personal tastes, make it as objective as possible.

Think about what makes this game imbalanced. For instance, Black Knight rush. Because of superoverpowered nature of this creature it becomes the 95% win tactics for most of the players, and a 95% lose for those who do not use this.

Think about means that could limit and/or prevent players from making hundreds of Black Knights and winning easily. Like, restricting the building a combat pit of not more than 5x5 (6x6?) tiles.

Think of every imbalanced detail and write them here. I will gather the most objective and reasonable ones, and we will finally have a v 1.0 of rules of playing online, that will (Hopefully!) make this game more manifold and as such, more fun.

Here is the form for you to organize your ideas to make them more visible and simple to understand:

Category: spell/creature/room/trap/gameplay
    Problem: "what particular problem you see in using this creature/spell/room/trap or gameplay element"
    Possible solution: "what would you suggest to neutralize/lower the annoyance of this problem"

EDIT: Here how we should have our discussion. Post an issue. Discuss it. When we will find it more or less important, I will pick it and add to the list. After the discussion is over, please delete your posts to have the thread tidy.
    It is for the benefit of all of us, so please, have some respect and understanding.

Please, abstain from spamming in this thread. Thank you.

Issues so far:

Category: Creature
    Type: Rouge
    Problem: At Level 8, using invisible. While he can be defeated in first person, the keeper must notice him. He can take out alot of creatures with his high level damage/invisible combo.
    Possible Solution: Solved. Invisibility could travel to level 10 as an ultimate spell. Invisibility is very powerful, and rogue, being fragile, has serious damage (his damage is equal to Blak Knight's), and is able to cause a lot of problems. a pack of invisible rogues are deadlier than a pack of dark angels. Rogues train very fast, and a pack of rogues can go to lvl 8 in no time.
    ---
    Type: Vampire
    Problem: They can easily be spammed, and when you possess them at high levels, you can do serious damage for a LONG time. Monks can get rid of them, but how often do you have those?
    Possible Solution: Limit the building of a graveyard to 6x6 tiles will eliminate the need to change the decomposing value. Kill all the goblins and flies you wish, you will still have a fixed amount of vampires.
    ---
    Type: Black Knight
    Problem: I think it is obvious. They are too damn powerful.
    Possible Solution: Limiting the pit to 5x6 tiles. Not only will it decrease the amount of BK, but also prevents the player from mass-rushing through levels getting an uber strong army fast.

---
    Type: Dark Angel
    Problem: No Problems. His uberness is balanced by expensiveness and limit of 2 per building. A meaningful counterweight.
    ---
    Category: Gameplay
    Type: Generating xtra creatures
    Problem: Create 7x7 Prison, sell middle. Drop them in, they are trapped. Slap them to anger them, they rebel. Capture, and get 2 more. Then convert or repeat.
    Possible Solution: Set rebelling chance to 0%. Instead, increase the Leave %. Should work.
    ---
    Category: Gameplay
    Type: Sacrifices
    Problem: Unlimited amount of generated creatures leading to zerging.
    Possible Solution: TBA.
    Last edited by DragonsLover; November 3rd, 2011 at 13:26.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

Default Re: MULTILPAYER RULES

REMINDER FOR FUTURE POSTS:

Please, consider the human factor. Solutions like "restrict X creature to N amount" won't really work, because someone will cheat anyway. Solutions should be provable. If you can't think of such solution, post the problem anyway, together we'll deal with it.
    Last edited by Hapuga; November 1st, 2009 at 13:54.

No, altered maps do not crash if you don't use extremes, or, f you alter data that is not that relevant in the gaming process.

This is my second thought. A competition/ladder should be held on a PREMADE set of EDITED/created maps.

Trust me, this is the best way to eliminate cheating.

For example, We take Swiss Cheese. We make changes, and call it

Swiss Cheese L1 meaning Ladder 1 or C1, for competition 1 respectively.\

EDIT: solutions edited, please comment.
    Last edited by Hapuga; November 1st, 2009 at 14:30.

i find it good, that the mass decides what rules should exist, which shouldnt. there were people who invented rules themselves and forced all to agree.
    but i think if you keep doing like that, you will have loads of rules, and there might be problems to remember all, then someone cheats accidently.
    and i think you judge the game a way too hard, you criticise many creatures,.. i mean dont we like the game they way it is ? of course there is no balance if noob plays a pro, thats in all games. but i am sure, that a pro vs pro game in dk2 is always balanced, or noob vs noob.
    whatever.. the mass decides.

a agree with solutions like: max. cize of room (combat pit and gravey.).

i disagree with max. 1 temple. getting dark angels is not like getting knights. you need much money and time, and you rarely can get many dark angels in online games. i would set the max. number to 2-3 temples.
    Last edited by Ðârk Âñgêl; November 1st, 2009 at 18:15.

Catagory: Creature
    Type: Black Knight
    Problem: I think it is obvious. They are too damn powerful.
    Possible Solution: Limiting the pit to 6x6 tiles. Not only will it decrease the amount of BK, but also prevents the player from mass-rushing through levels getting an uber strong army fast.
    6x6 is still too big,
    you get about 15-16 b knights (dont remember exact) with that size, too many.

lol, my multiplayer doesn't work

Quote Originally Posted by Ðârk Âñgêl View Post
    6x6 is still too big,
    you get about 15-16 b knights (dont remember exact) with that size, too many.

12 ? are you sure ? i remember it was more, you have 9 or 8 when its 5x5, so it cant be 12 with 6x6. have you checked it ?
    it would be still too many
    imagine you have 1 portal, and you have an army full of knights.
    Last edited by Ðârk Âñgêl; November 9th, 2009 at 20:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Ðârk Âñgêl View Post
    12 ? are you sure ? i remember it was more, you have 9 or 8 when its 5x5, so it cant be 12 with 6x6. have you checked it ?
    it would be still too many
    imagine you have 1 portal, and you have an army full of knights.
    miscalculated. yes, there are 16.

you are right. decreasing to 5x6. now it's 12.

Nay, 12 is not that bad, believe me. 12 is okay.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

When I was younger, I used to play with my brother. But I didn't call it a real game since the thing he did was build a Combat Pit, then a Library to get the heal spell and stuff so that he leveled some level 8/7 Black Knights, and would group them together and come into my Dungeon. Wasn't totally fair, cause I wasn't playing like that. 9 Knights did the trick. And that's a 5x5. I suggest maybe a 4x4 (4 BK) or 4x5 (6 BK).
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!