Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Giant Worm

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

Default Re: Giant Worm

Ah, lol. Then the concept of the Wyrm goes through the walls without 'digging' it out could be in effect here.

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Hey guys. A Old suggestion from the past of 2009!

I took my time to rework this into a actual Neutral Hostile.

I cleaned up most of it's stats, changed a skill, and now I wait for opinions.

Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: popgunpigeon

Yay... wyrmy.

So it can dig walls in the manner of imps and dwarves, but it can also use self-sealing tunnels to quickly explore through it? As such that also makes this rather a unique form of scout unit as well if somehow converted.
    Last edited by MeinCookie; August 20th, 2011 at 09:23.
    {RPG} Creature Page: Here | My Maps, My Comic

Not even Vermillion reads the OOC threads

Current Awakening Creatures

8 :Creatures Dispatched | Creatures Killed: 9

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by MeinCookie View Post
    So it can dig walls in the manner of imps and dwarves, but it can also use self-sealing tunnels to quickly explore through it? As such that also makes this rather a unique form of scout unit as well if somehow converted.
    Yeah, the Worm can dig like the Imp/Dwarf, I'm just wondering if it should do that when dropped next to the highlighted dirt or like it's main job...

And yeah, the Worm can 'dig' through walls with the self-sealing tunnels to quickly explore.

Gamer IDs

How big is it btw?

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

How big is it btw?
    It's no longer the size of like 3 tiles.

It's about as big as the Spider, maybe slightly bigger.
    Least I'm guessing the size.

Gamer IDs

Okay, going through again would it be feasible to turn 'maggot spew' into a means of reproduction? Since the creature is neutral and no longer big enough to swallow a bile demon whole. If the creature is knocked unconscious when a maggot is attached there is a chance it will continue to grow and become another Wyrm? Even if the wyrm is in possession a Keeper, the new wyrm will always be hostile neutral.

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Okay, going through again would it be feasible to turn 'maggot spew' into a means of reproduction? If the creature is knocked unconscious when a maggot is attached there is a chance it will continue to grow and become another Wyrm? Even if the wyrm is in possession a Keeper, the new wyrm will always be hostile neutral.
    That's a possible idea, but it's also possible that can be abused as well. There are 8 maggots spew'd out, and if each manages to get a kill, you got like 8 Worms that you can capture and convert.

Gamer IDs

True, depending on how much damage they do, though that could be quite rare. Add to that that even if the enemy dies there might only be a chance that it will grow.

Also you could code it so that each subsequent generation of Wyrm has a higher resistance to conversion by torture. In their natural reproduction as hostile neutrals this makes them even more formidable. In non-natural reproduction in the service of Keepers it makes them less abusable and such.

Furthermore, to avoid similar abusing of ghosts you could make it so each new generation of Wyrms is less likely to die in torture. Pretty quickly you will have a torture chamber full of creatures that won't die and won't convert, the only thing you could do is either kill them, drop them in a combat pit (which at this rate I get the impression isn't in WftO) or drop them back into the environment.

This would stop at least several methods of abuse, straight spam and ghosts, and you wouldn't have to worry about skeletons either because Wyrms are non-human. Furthermore, you wouldn't want them to keep reproducing because pretty soon you'll have a crisis on your hands and cumulatively they'll be really hard to subdue.

EDIT ~ The only problem I see is someone dropping armies of neutral hostiles on the enemy instead of engaging them themselves.
    Last edited by MeinCookie; August 21st, 2011 at 07:01.

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

-Snip-
    Hm... How about, the Worms that are 'created' from 'Maggot Spew' are unconvertable, and killing them in the Torture Chamber yields no ghosts. Or rather, that the newly made Worms are hostile to everything, including each other, and they can't be imprisoned.

Though, this sounds like alot of work for the Coders, eh?

Besides that, the Mandrake suggestion has a skill that can create another Mandrake, though it's at Level 10, and has a 3 minute cooldown. :3