Thread: Zombie

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

Default Zombie

This is NOT like what you've seen before... well maybe it is but I have my own ideal for the Zombie.

Health: Medium
    Attack: Medium
    Armor: Low
    Speed: Medium
    Dextarity: Low-Medium
    Defense: Very Low

----------------

Spell Set-

Level 1: Attack
    Level 2: Slow
    Level 6: Arm Toss
    Level 10: Infect

Arm Toss-
    Damage: Low-Medium
    Recharge: 6 Seconds
    Notes-
    Takes off arm and throws it at enemy in animation. Arm grows back...

Infect
    Damage: Very Low-Low
    Recharge: 60 Seconds
    Notes-
    This will only work on Level 1-4 Creatures.
    Creature will Turn to Zombie when they are defeated, turned to dead body, and dragged to the Graveyard.
    Can be cured in Temple
    Turn to Zombie belonging to the Player who owns the Graveyard they turned into (In other words, it works better as a defensive spell)

----------------

Description: Zombies pretty much wander around all day. They don't train unless told to. They cannot research, nor sleep. They do require food often. They like the Workshop and can manufacture at decent speeds, somewhat equal to Bile Demons. Due to their constant hunger, they are best kept near the Hatchery. They like brains...

Anger job is to attack other Creatures for thier brains. He only gets angry if he does not recieve food. He collects no pay, and is bad guard because of hunger. He NEVER attacks undead creatures, and can also raise the happiness of undead creatures. They natually attack all heroes on sight, so best for keepers who don't like converting heroes.

Zombies never run in battle. They aren't very deadly, but are useful as they appose high threats because they are so scary. Like a walking Fear Trap. In battle, they stand on the sidelines, damaging enemies where they can.

Zombies also like to eat unconcious' enemies brains which doesn't allow chance for Skeleton or Ghosts but speeds up time for Vampires.

----------------

Apperance-

A rotting corpse? Seriously, getting online pics is hard cause there's so many and can vary WIDLY so yeah...
    Last edited by Sire; September 24th, 2010 at 23:51.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

Default Re: Zombie

I think this should be a magical zombie not a horror movie zombie so the whole infect idea is a bit bad, just look at the D&D games, all the zombies on those are made using magic not infecting.

Also can I suggeset that they don't wander around like most other creatures but instead just stands around where ever you drop him and only moves to attack other creatures, it's only a suggestion but it would make them very good guards.

somewhere fun (i tell a lie it's actually quite boring, oh I wish I lived in liechstenstein)

I'mnot sure about this one. Although I do like the idea of a mindless zombie wonderingaround my dungeon. I don't think he should eat chickens though. He should eat the enemy. /it would be cool if he stumbled around the same area until he sees someone then he could lunge like the zombies in resident evil. and if he doesn't bite someone for a certain period of time then he crumbles.

Awakening Game Master Metal Gear Rex's Avatar

The Vampire and Ghost are both magical, I kinda wanted him more melee like the skeleton. I'll wait and see for what other people think.

I made him the way he was because of the other undead.

Vampire-Long Survivor Unit with average researcher abilities. Excellent spell-caster.

Ghost-Not great in melee but has good researching abilities. Great Spell-Caster

Skeleton-Melee unit who trains and then guards in the Lair or in the Guard Room if told to.

Zombie-Perhaps a workshop unit, this unit can be used to help the moral of other undead units and is a bit chaotic when he doesn't eat chickens (Daily source of brains) but can also multiply himself at highest level through special means.

Also note that I consider the Zombie a SPECIAL unit. He is a bonus creature, more or less, and CAN be attracted through the Portal in rare occasions. The way to get more is by training him and then making him infect others.

---

@tehbassbiledemon
    I kinda like him eating chickens, they do have brains and it makes sense. More sense than a skeleton eating chickens, lolz. He only get's angry when he doesn't eat them (Cause he wants brains) and his anger job is to Attack Enemies (For their brains) and is more scary than good in battle. Again, I'll wait for what others think.
    Dungeon Keeper 2 Patch: With More Balance and Pie [Hiatus]
    Forever Hiatus. Probably. Latest Version: 3.5 w/Levels 1-11 Revised.

The Awakening: GM Powers Activate!
    Tesonu is napping!

good idea, I really like it. high level zombies are capable of turning low-level enemies into other zombies =D

I'd love to have that.
    http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/6659/c2warlocki.gif

I have an idea:
    Corpses is brought to the graveyard, the keeper can then choose to target
    the bodies with a Animate Zombie Spell.

The Zombies is thereafter using an amount of mana as long as they "live". If the mana pool reaches zero, they just stand still doing nothing, kind of turned off mode, or they die? (de-animates)

Did I complicate things enough? lol

Anyway your idea seems great Metal Gear Rex, I vote for the fantasy-zombie, in other words, the on that is a magical animated being controlled by another will.

somewhere fun (i tell a lie it's actually quite boring, oh I wish I lived in liechstenstein)

I thought the entire idea was that this was meant to be a none magical zombie I'm sure there are posts already for magical zombies either that or I dreamed them. The thing is if it is going to be sustained by magic I don't think the zombie is actually worth the mana drain. It'd just be annoying.
    Maybe if the zombie eats at the hatchery it doesn't go to the hatchery when it's hungary instead you have to drop it in the hatchery which makes it really usefull for guarding passageways because your in control of where it is. It would also mean that after a while if the zombie wasn't watched it would crumble.