Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Slime

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Steam ID: Evifire

Default Slime

Sire's Note: Evi first submitted the idea for the Slime. This is just my own version of it (Ripped off of Warcraft I and maybe D&D).

Name: Slime

Stats:

Health: High
    Attack: (See Below)
    Defense: High
    Armour: None
    Accuracy: (See Below)
    Speed: Very Slow
    Dexterity: Very Low
    Intelligence: Very Low (but that is what everyone thinks...)
    Wage: Unable to be obtained under normal means.

Skills:
    Level 1: Dissolve (If anything [besides doors] touches the slime, they will suffer constant damage while touching it. Note that this gets much more powerful when leveled, and if a creature dies by this, it leaves no corpse.)
    Level 4: Spew Acid (Ranged dissolving attack)
    Level 8: Haste Self (Run for it!)
    Level 10: Engulf (Traps a creature within, rendering it completely useless. The Slime can't attack while doing this, but can still move. If the creature dies, it leaves no corpse.)

Special Ability:
    Has no collision size.
    Causes Fear in a very small radius. (No one wants to be dissolved!)

Information:
    Slime serves no one but itself and fellow slimes. While it can possibly be ''herded'' to certain areas, Slimes will attack everything besides other Slimes and their surrounding home. However, Slimes seem to spare pure objects of nature (trees, earth, rock, etc) and the floors, walls, and doors of a dungeon or castle.

Behavior in Dungeon: Can not be obtained by a player, but will mindlessly wander about its surrounding area, and may patrol corridors of a forgotten dungeon or keep. (Keeping it clean perhaps?)

Jobs: Can not be obtained.

Behavior in OverWorld: Same as in the dungeon, wandering around mindlessly and may patrol a few areas.

Obtainable By: Not obtainable, unless via tinkering with Editor

Style: Blocker

Hang Out Group: Other slimes (They communicate via morphing the top of their forms into what they want to say. So, if it saw a Dark Mistress being tortured, the top will morph into that.)

Hates: All studies about the Slime tend to say they have little hatred to most things just observing them, but when they feel their homes or fellow slimes are in danger, (mining operations, killing Slimes, etc), they will go on a rampage until they believe the threat is contained. Facinating creatures...

Loves: Other Slimes, cleanliness (speculated), Skeletons (speculated)

Lair: A small hole in the ground, the slime will move in and fill the hole, looking like a harmless puddle of green stuff. Skeletons of unfortunate victims may be littered in the general area as well. (Sometimes completely assembed!)

How Introduced: Neutral Hostile

Attracted by: None, unless tinkered with in the Editor

Observer Notes:
    While no one managed to successfully imprision or torture a slime (who would do such a thing!), it is said that the Slime is forced to fully morph into a creature-shape when tortured. The shape itself it random it seems, taking an appearence of a knight, fairy, or even a beetle at times.
    Also, it is said that a few people managed to fully tame a Slime. When tamed, they wander your land, cleaning up any dirt left behind, and patroling for intruders.
    In hidden documents that I have recently found, it seems a few Slimes can be attracted to you! They require a good amount of land to wander around, as well as a completely seperate lair. I do not know what this means, but it may come in handy to another person.

Appearance: A green blob.

Evi's Slime Image One

Evi's Slime Image Two
    Last edited by Evi; April 11th, 2010 at 22:13.

Default Re: Slime

Great, even more work for the modelers. you hate them don't you

Nice concept. I think they should be like a little surprise attacker. Your digging your way through the level, looking for specials. and you find this in your way.

And should I add the devore spell to the "creature spells" thread

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Well, Slimes are just like blobs, yes?
    Probably won't be much work, but then again I'm not a 3-D modeller...

Anyhow, if you want too.

I once again stress for a Monster tag.

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Small update on the Slime.
    ------------------------
    UPDATES

Intelligence: Moderate
    ---
    Level 4: Elemental Attack (Depending on the color of the Slime, red = Fireball, blue = Hail, yellow = lighting, and green = Poison. Ect.)
    ---
    Jobs:

Rebel Instantly, they cannot be tamed.
    ---
    Behavior:

Slimes wander the entire world, Dungeons, Forests, and even basements. They come in four types of colors, ranging from Green, Red, Blue, and Yellow. Slimes will attack almost everything, except other Slimes, that come in their way.
    ---
    Obtainable By: Editor
    ---
    Lair: Nothing
    ---
    Loves: Slimes and Wyrms
    ---
    Hates: Everything else

So basically like the annoying blob things in Tiberian Sun?
    Mentor: "You remove your own heart, fortify it behind stonewalls, deadly traps, and then rely heavily on beings you create yourself. Even psychoanalysts lack words for just how absurdly emo you areā€¦"

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Pretty much.

Hellhound

Note: Evi first submitted the idea for the Slime. This is just my own version of it (Ripped off of Warcraft I and maybe D&D).

Name: Slime

Stats:

Health: High
    Attack: (See Below)
    Defense: High
    Armour: None
    Accuracy: (See Below)
    Speed: Very Slow
    Dexterity: Very Low
    Intelligence: Very Low (but that is what everyone thinks...)
    Wage: Unable to be obtained under normal means.

Skills:
    Level 1: Dissolve (If anything [besides doors] touches the slime, they will suffer constant damage while touching it. Note that this gets much more powerful when leveled, and if a creature dies by this, it leaves no corpse.)
    Level 4: Spew Acid (Ranged dissolving attack)
    Level 8: Haste Self (Run for it!)
    Level 10: Engulf (Traps a creature within, rendering it completely useless. The Slime can't attack while doing this, but can still move. If the creature dies, it leaves no corpse.)

Special Ability:
    Has no collision size.
    Causes Fear in a very small radius. (No one wants to be dissolved!)

Information:
    Slime serves no one but itself and fellow slimes. While it can possibly be ''herded'' to certain areas, Slimes will attack everything besides other Slimes and their surrounding home. However, Slimes seem to spare pure objects of nature (trees, earth, rock, etc) and the floors, walls, and doors of a dungeon or castle.

Behavior in Dungeon: Can not be obtained by a player, but will mindlessly wander about its surrounding area, and may patrol corridors of a forgotten dungeon or keep. (Keeping it clean perhaps?)

Jobs: Can not be obtained.

Behavior in OverWorld: Same as in the dungeon, wandering around mindlessly and may patrol a few areas.

Obtainable By: Not obtainable, unless via tinkering with Editor

Style: Blocker

Hang Out Group: Other slimes (They communicate via morphing the top of their forms into what they want to say. So, if it saw a Dark Mistress being tortured, the top will morph into that.)

Hates: All studies about the Slime tend to say they have little hatred to most things just observing them, but when they feel their homes or fellow slimes are in danger, (mining operations, killing Slimes, etc), they will go on a rampage until they believe the threat is contained. Facinating creatures...

Loves: Other Slimes, cleanliness (speculated), Skeletons (speculated)

Lair: A small hole in the ground, the slime will move in and fill the hole, looking like a harmless puddle of green stuff. Skeletons of unfortunate victims may be littered in the general area as well. (Sometimes completely assembed!)

How Introduced: Neutral Hostile

Attracted by: None, unless tinkered with in the Editor

Observer Notes:
    While no one managed to successfully imprision or torture a slime (who would do such a thing!), it is said that the Slime is forced to fully morph into a creature-shape when tortured. The shape itself it random it seems, taking an appearence of a knight, fairy, or even a beetle at times.
    Also, it is said that a few people managed to fully tame a Slime. When tamed, they wander your land, cleaning up any dirt left behind, and patroling for intruders.
    In hidden documents that I have recently found, it seems a few Slimes can be attracted to you! They require a good amount of land to wander around, as well as a completely seperate lair. I do not know what this means, but it may come in handy to another person.

Appearance: A green blob.
    Picture Pending...

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

I like Sire's version of the Slime better.

Replaced mine with Sire's.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: beringline

I'd say the slime should be like the slime in Forgotten Realms, Baldurs Gate for example. It's a bit "less" creature like, but more slime like!

Tentacle
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterbaby View Post
    I'd say the slime should be like the slime in Forgotten Realms, Baldurs Gate for example. It's a bit "less" creature like, but more slime like!
    What was the Slime in Baldur's gate like again? O.o